PDA

View Full Version : I need fan advice for water cooled system...

#ball3r
02-28-2003, 04:18 PM
I'm going to be using a modded lian-li pc75 case and would like to know how I should set up my fans (intake/exhaust). First off here's what will be used for water cooling...

DD maze3 1/2"
DD z-chipset 1/2"
DD 9700 cooler 1/2"
Ehiem 1250 pump
Black Ice Extreme w/2 120mm fans push/pull
Tygon 1/2" tubing
Res which I will include a pic for :)

Now the case comes these stock fan locations...
2x80mm front bottom
2x80mm rear
1x120mm above psu (which is where I plan on installing the rad)
There is an option to get 2 fans (80mm or 92mm) in the window high/low, and for 1 (80, 92) fan on the top of the case.

Now so far I've planned to put the radiator on top above the psu and use that 120mm hole. How should I place the fans in that situation? Sucking in, or blowing out? I was going to use the 2 front for intake of course and the back to for exhast. I was also going to get 1 92mm fan in the window over the video card/cpu, and put a window on the top w/92mm fan hole. With that said I would use the window fan as intake and the top one as exhaust. Would that work good, with the top 92mm blowing the air out that came from the rad? Do you think that will be overkill for a system that I would like to overclock to it's max potential? How do you think it would be for sound levels if all 80/92mm fans were below 30dBs, and the 120mm were about 35dBs? Please tell me what you would do in this situation.

#ball3r
02-28-2003, 04:19 PM

#ball3r
02-28-2003, 05:41 PM
and

#ball3r
02-28-2003, 05:42 PM
;)

Tweaked!
02-28-2003, 06:28 PM
I would have all the wcing fans aimed out for where you're planning on putting it. I would also look at possibly placing the rad. below the psu for a couple reasons. first, a small leak and the first thing gone is the psu. And second, all the heat from everything else rises to the top of the case before exhausting (or at least tries depending on just how powerful your case airflow is) and that would keep your water temps higher. You might wanna consider placing the rad. down in the front bottom portion just for the cooler air passing through the rad. Just my two cents;):cool:

#ball3r
02-28-2003, 07:21 PM
yeah i see what your saying but my case has a hd rack on the bottom that's not removeable, or do I want to. This is what i'm thinking of doing for airflow...
2x80mm front intake
2x80mm rear exhaust
1 92mm window intake
1 92mm top window exhaust
2x120mm for rad intaking then pushing towards 92mm exhaust on top.

I think that will work good, and i'm not to worried about it leaking because that is the best place for it. What do you think?