PDA

View Full Version : Last question on VDD mod on 8RDA+ before i take the dive...

Swiftdeathz
02-28-2003, 02:22 PM
Ok guys... I still haven't been able to find a picture of how to connect SMD grabbers with the wire/resistor...

The SMD grabbers have a tiny hole in them which is surrounded by what looks like to be some copper material...

I've been reading that you have to properly insulate the connection to prevent any shortages...

What I'm confused about is how to connect either the wire or the actual fixed resistor to the SMD grabbers...

Do I just use the wire that I have and jam it in that tiny hole as best I can then connect the other end of the wire to the resistor leg?? Or can I completely forget about the wire and just stick the resistor leg into that hole in the SMD grabber?? Or do I have to go to Radioshack and buy some type of wire that will fit perfectly into the hole of the SMD grabber then just tie up the other end of that wire to the resistory legs??

Please someone throw me a bone... I know I must sound like a total noob but I am when it comes to mods... Someone plz help me because I don't want to fry my board after it has treated me so well... :p

gtcrispy
02-28-2003, 09:19 PM
For the grabber you take off the top of it. Connect the wire to the little copper hole then thread the wire through the top part and stick the bottom part of the grabber into the top. It took me a few mins to figure it out also :)

Swiftdeathz
03-01-2003, 04:07 AM
Woot thx a bunch... This is what I couldn't figure out and none of the VDD mod guides out there have a detailed pic of this...

:banana:

Swiftdeathz
03-01-2003, 04:01 PM
Woot thanks a ton.. finally got the VDD mod done...

Used a 1k resistor and am running now at 1.74 VDD...

Before I would get tons of screen flashes at 210FSB and was stuck using 205FSB...

Now i'm stable at 215FSB DC... Probably have some more headroom but for now this will be more than enough...

Have around 3300/3100 memory bandwith also with SisoftSandra2003....