PDA

View Full Version : P D 930 temps - help out a XS folder

greenwar
06-23-2006, 06:17 AM
Guys, I have been running my P D 930 at 4.0ghz at 1.37v. I am using the following water cooling components to cool it:

BIP3 with 3 yate loons
Liang D4
1/2" tubes
Swiftech mcw-6002-LGA775
Distilled water with around 5% anti-freeze (generic)

I only cool my cpu with the watercooling setup.

Load temps with 90% load on both cores seems to go upto 53-55C when the system is run for an hour or so and pretty much stays there.

My questions are:

1) is this temp too high for watercooling?
2) In case my pump dies, will the pc shutdown without causing demage to the cpu? My board is Asus P5WD2-Pre and I have set the shutdown temp to 65C on PC probe.

I know intel has thermal throttling etc. but with the pump not pumping at two instances of folding running the consequences can be catastrophic so just wanted to check with you guys.

Thanks in advance.

sdkevin
06-23-2006, 06:28 AM
re-seat your block and shorten your tubing as possible, your load temp is bit high if your ambient temp is not high then do what I suggested

2fink
06-23-2006, 06:29 AM
Guys, I have been running my P D 930 at 4.0ghz at 1.37v. I am using the following water cooling components to cool it:

BIP3 with 3 yate loons
Liang D4
1/2" tubes
Swiftech mcw-6002-LGA775
Distilled water with around 5% anti-freeze (generic)

I only cool my cpu with the watercooling setup.

Load temps with 90% load on both cores seems to go upto 53-55C when the system is run for an hour or so and pretty much stays there.

My questions are:

1) is this temp too high for watercooling?
2) In case my pump dies, will the pc shutdown without causing demage to the cpu? My board is Asus P5WD2-Pre and I have set the shutdown temp to 65C on PC probe.

I know intel has thermal throttling etc. but with the pump not pumping at two instances of folding running the consequences can be catastrophic so just wanted to check with you guys.

Thanks in advance.

temps seem to be fine! prescot @ 4,0 is producing massive heat! :)

JoeBar
06-23-2006, 08:44 AM
What ambient temp?

greenwar
06-23-2006, 11:00 AM
What ambient temp?
Ambient temp is pretty high, around 35-38 I think. In winter the cpu temps used to stay lot lower. The tubes when touched felt warm, so I am guessing the ambient temp is keeping the cpu warm/hot. Also I guess the pump is adding some temp to the water as well.

I did re-sit the waterblock couple of times earlier to no avail. So I am guessing its just my ambient temp to blame. :) Oh well a price to pay for running two prescott cores.

BTW, forgot to thank you guys. Appreciate your prompt responses. :)

JoeBar
06-24-2006, 10:45 AM
With that ambient temps, don't imagine what would happen with air cooling... ;)

eXa
06-24-2006, 11:13 AM
the tems isnt that bad considering your ambient.
as long as its stable i woudnt worry!