PDA

View Full Version : Asus CT-479 is broken?

Da_maniaC
06-23-2006, 02:20 AM
Hey there,

In order to solve this problem: Pentium M 760 Temperature (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=103024)
(A thread about a lot of questions i asked regarding my mobile setup and at the end the problem of my motherboard not saving settings and refinding the cpu).

I got another P4P800-E Deluxe this week.
At first it didnt work but i can understand since it still had BIOS revision 1004 on it. :p:

Anyway, after i flashed the BIOS to 1009 i got the _Exact_ same error my other P4P800-E Deluxe was giving me.

Everytime i boot it says:

New CPU Found!
Press F1 to enter setup.
Press F2 to load setup defaults and continue.

This probably proves its either a bug in the ASUS BIOS (Which they dont seem to want to fix..... bastards).

OR

That my Asus CT-479 is the cause of the complaint.

Im pretty desperate now especially since i hoped a new p4p800-E deluxe would be my savier, but now im broke too. :(

Is there anyone that might be able to confirm if this the case?

RMAing it will be hard since i had to bend the floppy connector power pins and soldered the plug on it. But hey those things cost around 30 bucks so i wouldnt mind getting a new one.
(If i can find someone to sell the P4P800-E Deluxe to though......).

FischOderAal
06-23-2006, 02:46 AM
this is a typical CT479 Error. but this doesn't mean it doesn't work on all Motherboards. strangely enough, a german forum user mentioned that some Adapters didn't work on some Boards (having the same Errors you mentioned), but on others fine!

and I sold my Adapter to someone who had the same problem and it worked good with mine.

so, better test another CT479 ;)

Johnny Bravo
06-23-2006, 03:13 AM
May I ask that you check that the screw lock for the P-M is tightened, if not it can act intermittently too.
I must say Ive used three adaptors on a P4GD1 and a number of P4C800-E's now and not come across this before.

Da_maniaC
06-23-2006, 03:16 AM
this is a typical CT479 Error. but this doesn't mean it doesn't work on all Motherboards. strangely enough, a german forum user mentioned that some Adapters didn't work on some Boards (having the same Errors you mentioned), but on others fine!

and I sold my Adapter to someone who had the same problem and it worked good with mine.

so, better test another CT479 ;)

Your answer is a little weird. :)

First you tell me if it doesnt work on some boards it might still work on another then you say i have to test another ct479 instead of another motherboard. :p:

What should i do know?

Get another motherboard or another ct479?

--

I dohave a new complaint with my current p4p800-E Deluxe though
(Not the one i bought yesterday).

This one cant seem to remember any settings at all anymore.
(I have to completely reconfigure every boot!).

Is it safe to switch eepproms and see if the complaints are gone?

Or is their a possibility the motherboard just wrecks eeproms and i will lose the other one too ?

--

May I ask that you check that the screw lock for the P-M is tightened, if not it can act intermittently too.
I must say Ive used three adaptors on a P4GD1 and a number of P4C800-E's now and not come across this before.

Ok i will check this...

But it can only be tightened one and a half a stroke right?

Da_maniaC
06-23-2006, 03:51 AM
OK i rechecked the ct-479 and tested on both boards.

Still no luck. :(

When i took a closer look at the CT-479 it looked as if one component connector pin was missing a solder layer though.

If anyone has a high res picture of a CT-479 i could point it out.

Anyone else have ideas?

--

Also

Or is their a possibility the motherboard just wrecks eeproms and i will lose the other one too ?

Anyone else know if i can try this safe?

Da_maniaC
06-23-2006, 05:25 AM
I Guess ill take it to my work on Saturday and try it on a P4P800SE if it still doesnt work there it should be the CT-479

FischOderAal
06-23-2006, 05:37 AM
Your answer is a little weird. :)

First you tell me if it doesnt work on some boards it might still work on another then you say i have to test another ct479 instead of another motherboard. :p:

What should i do know?

Get another motherboard or another ct479?

--

--

Ok i will check this...

But it can only be tightened one and a half a stroke right?

hey, I said: so test another CT479 ;) maybe it only doesn't work on P4P Mobos, but on P4C ;)

Da_maniaC
06-23-2006, 05:48 AM
No they work fine on P4P, look at a lot of other ppl on this forum.

A lot of them use a P4P800 and some even use a P4GD1. :)