PDA

View Full Version : Help

TWEAK
02-27-2003, 08:41 PM
I just but a blue LED in my GE optical mouse and it is acting strange, the mouse will work if i hold it on my knee, but any other surface and it won't work, before i was just using my desk. I only replaced the one led there is another one in the back of the mouse, could this be the problem? :confused:
(i didn't know where to post this, so i put it here)

Vectrex
02-27-2003, 08:59 PM
Replacing that red LED was a bad idea. The problem your having is common when switching the original LED with a blue one. The problem is, the mouse does not pick up on where it is, or how it's moving, because it's having trouble tracking the blue light. Red light works fine because it is brighter, and the mouse was designed for it. I would recommend switching that LED back to red. The least I would do is switch out the rear LED.

TWEAK
02-27-2003, 09:01 PM
Oh, i was afraid of that
If i made it brighter would that help?

btw thanks for the help :toast:

Vectrex
02-27-2003, 09:12 PM
I highly doubt it would help. Maybe a little, but your mouse will never perform like it did before, and if your a gamer, then this will be very noticable.

TWEAK
02-27-2003, 09:27 PM
I but the Red back in, my mouse came with two Red leds, one for movement part, and one in the back i think just for show, so i left the blue one back there, still looks cool, and now it works right
:banana:

Vectrex
02-27-2003, 09:52 PM
Awesome! That's how I would keep it. Glad that it worked out. :)