PDA

View Full Version : 125cc sportbike

WinterHeart
06-22-2006, 12:34 AM
I turn 16 next winter and i can buy(and ride ofc) 125cc bike. i have looked Honda NSR and apprilia RS125 mainly because they are popular in here.
what would you guys recommend?

Athens[2004]
06-22-2006, 12:55 AM
Cbr 125 , its not as fast as 2t bikes but i like it .

4 stroke engine , prety nice and with a simple update [micron exhaust , mufler and carburator calibrate] turns faster.

God i wish was 16 again :banana:
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5328/cbr125rroodpresentatie5504iv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

WinterHeart
06-22-2006, 02:56 AM
updates cant be too visible because ''light motorcycle'' lisence says that the bike cant have more than 11kw of engine power. not that im going to follow the limitation but i dont want to get caught

CBR is cheap here (4k€) and economical( no need for 2t oil and uses lesser fuel) but id like to have bit more agressive bike.

how about other bikes(NSR, RS, derbi etc)? does someone have expirience about them?

benonmsn
06-27-2006, 09:42 AM
id get the RS personally, no real reason other then looks.

i ride a 99 zx-9r

the
06-27-2006, 10:04 AM
im gonna have to second the cbr 125 suggestions, cant beat it for a first time bike. i love the little RS's, i even had a 50cc aprillia race replaica, 6 speed and all, it was a hoot. ended up putting a kx250 motor in it for giggles and it enden up in pieces :( but for reliablilty and hasslefree operation id choose the cbr.

how do you like that 9r? i gotta 05 10r in my garage, aside from it being the fastest stock bike ive ridden, im not a fan of it on the track, way to unstable even with a damper. im hoping they fixed all that with the new (however infamous) 06

benonmsn
06-27-2006, 10:09 AM
the:

i love my 9. got it new in 99. has over 60k miles on it. i have had to replace the water pump, and the radiator. other then that hassle free.

i put a jetkit and exhaust on it after 2k miles, and added 2 teeth to the rear sprocket at about 20k miles.

yes the steering damper on the 10's are barely adequate. on my 9 i have a scotts center mounted damper and i keep it at full damping 24/7, it is VERY stable.

the 1999 zx-9r was the first production bike to do a sub 10 second 1/4 mile on pump gas stock.

the 9 is also very comfortable, the most comfortable street bike i have ever been on, and i have been on all of them past and present.

i go through sprockets and chains about every 5-7k miles, i ride it how it was intended.

p.s i like your avatar, kinda like mine! but i think mine was created with more flair =)

the
06-27-2006, 10:45 AM
ben:

yea that was the first thing i noticed was avatar. im one of those guys that do the bare minimum on flair, guess i just dont want to express my self. :ocau: (we need some office space smileys ffs)

the only 99 era ninja i rode was the 750, not really sure how itd compare to the 9, im sure its a diff frame geometry and all, but it was pretty stout bike. only did a few laps on it.

i gotta 99 bike too, only its a bandit. the leakiest forks, valve cover, exhuast biek ever built. but luckily it runs, i used to race it in the wera league, had near 150 bhp on the ground in its prime. 42mm mikuni flat slides, blueprinted heads, hard welded my cams to a .236 grind, progressive springs all around, and it'd beat any crotch rockateer out there on the road. but alas its been blown up, twice, and is near back to stock. just a full exhaust and stage 3 in the stock carbs is pretty much all that is left. wont even wheelie in second gear anymore with out clutching the balls out of it. worst 15k miles i ever put on a bike (odometer is borked) but iwas fun while it lasted. my fav bike to date is the 954, best bike i ever put around a track i won a few races on on e of those stock just cuz its so confident. ended up selling it for a 1kRR and my car died. so im still waiting. and waiting. and now the new job is great on money, but i live in UTAH WTF. :down:

anyhoo if you ever head out to sturgis or biketober or bike week, or any other big bike events let me know. we'll have to make a road trip out of it