PDA

View Full Version : Running an InLine WC'ing System

Vectrex
02-27-2003, 08:08 PM
Hi Guys!

I have my watercooling system running right now with a DangerDen.com reservoir (the cylinder). That was my first mistake. Because it is round, it creates some sort of a vortex, which then creates bubbles.

Another problem with the reservoir is that it takes up too much space in my small Antec case. Right now it is butting up against my radiators fan, disrupting airflow etc.

My plan to solve all these problems, is to yank the reservoir, and go with an Inline system. But, of course, I have some questions for you guys who may be familiar with this.

First, how do you recommend filling the system, and bleeding it etc? A friend told me the best way was to fill a bucket of some sort with distilled water/watter wetter, and submerge the whole system (with one of the hoses ends disconnected). Then, let it run, bleeding the system of all air. Next, connect the hose to the last peice of equipment while keeping the system submerged. Then, let the system dry. This sounds like a good way to do it to me, but does anyone have any other ideas that would work better?

My next question would be, how would my CPU temperatures differ from running my current setup? There's the fact that the water wouldn't be sitting in a reservoir to heat up, but there's also the fact that the water would be run through the system more times per minute then before. This I would think, would increase temperatures. Anyone have any insite on this?

I think that is all for now. I may come up with more questions for you guys later, but if anyone could answer these it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :)

KnightElite
02-27-2003, 09:14 PM
The method you describe for filling the system works quite well, but if that's not possible, then you have to do it some other way. For myself, I have a T, and I fill it up through the T, then turn on the pump and get he water moving to flush the bubbles out, and keep filling it like this until all the bubbles are gone. Of course, you should put some tubing on the end of the T, and cap it off when you are done.

Temperatures should stay about the same, and will probably be better since you will have eliminated the bubbles.

Vectrex
02-27-2003, 09:37 PM
Ok good. Tomorrow I will be working on the finishing touches to my home-made radiator shroud, and then I will pull the system out and set it up inline. I'm very excited, and I will update you guys on how it goes. Thanks :)

N8
02-28-2003, 09:03 AM
I went froom a resevoir to an inline system with a T & i'm very happy w/ the move. Only downfall I've seen to date is bleed time. Took like 3 days to bleed it :)

Sproket
03-05-2003, 06:43 PM
Do you think it could cause rust on the outside of the Rad if you submerse it in water to fill it? Down the road that is?
Thanks

Vectrex
03-05-2003, 07:01 PM
Yeh, I'm not sure about that, which is why I'll just be submerging the two loose ends, and not the whole system like originally planned.

Svenn
03-05-2003, 09:19 PM
Vectrex, I have the same resevoir and I had this problem. Seeing as my dad does industrial pump sales, I talked to him. He told me to put something in there like a ping pong ball to stop the flow. Well since a ping pong ball wouldn't fit, I decided to try what I could find. Currently I've got a packing peanut in there and it's working great. No bubbles, not a single air bubble in the entire system.

Vectrex
03-05-2003, 09:46 PM
Haha really? I'll be sure to recommend that to whoever I sell this reservoir to. Thanks for the recommendation :)