06-21-2006, 05:11 AM
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/DFI.html

:D

still though, I'm waiting for P5W DH Deluxe :toast:

Overclocking Results

Coming soon...

P-Dub
06-21-2006, 06:12 AM
You'd have to be a complete muppet to buy anything from those guys, lets just say, customer service isnt their strong point...

I wouldnt touch em with a barge pole...

Just my opinion though...

Nasgul
06-21-2006, 08:36 PM
still though, I'm waiting for P5W DH Deluxe :toast:

Same here, but I'm also going to look into the P5B-Deluxe.

Pyr0
06-21-2006, 11:01 PM
You'd have to be a complete muppet to buy anything from those guys, lets just say, customer service isnt their strong point...

ditto, QFT :fact:

DsK
06-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Gosh mobos are quite expensive this time round. I remember when i got my 1.6a and 2.4C, mobos were just about the £100ish mark, for a top end model too, now they seem to be almost as expensive as the CPU youre going to put in them.

Is everyone in consensus about the ASUS being the board of choice, not too pleased with my DFi ultra D at the moment. The last Abit board I had was the IC7, which was decent, but not as impressive as what my BD7II previously.

lawrywild
06-22-2006, 02:15 AM
I have to agree with the customer service thing, it is REALLY poor..

However, it was merely a link to show they are coming.. ;)

Johnny Bravo
06-22-2006, 02:28 AM
I'm holding out for the RD600 myself, tho I'll guess time will tell on this front...

FEEXX
06-22-2006, 02:38 AM
With the DFI I just felt in love at first sight:D and with the pictures posted by coolaler shure will perform great withthe E6700 a 2GB Super Talent 6400 CL4.

Just will change for the DFI lan party RD600 or for an Asus, but not the P5W DH Deluxe

stone_cold_Jimi
06-22-2006, 03:11 AM
Have to say that ocuk customer service has been ok in my experience, maybe because of the amount of money I've spent there over the last year (they actually answer my e-mails). I understand that other people have had problems though.

btw, what has happened to CPU City? It's as if they've disappeared off the planet.

Gonna wait for some nVidia socket 775 DFI board reviews and comments before I buy any Conroe; prolly get the E6700 when I'm convinced about the mobo.

Kesnel
06-22-2006, 03:32 AM
Conroe CPUs are now in pre-order from OcUK also.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Intel_Pentium_Core_Duo2.html

Prices are slightly above what I was expecting.

4Qman
06-22-2006, 03:51 AM
Conroe CPUs are now in pre-order from OcUK also.

Prices are slightly above what I was expecting.

Me 2 mate, ill be waiting and hopefully they will drop a bit. The E6600 £252, i was looking for around the £200 mark.

Maybe me just wishfull thinking.:cool:

Smurfy
06-22-2006, 04:31 AM
its a preorder price, expect it to drop when they are released.

Iconyu
06-22-2006, 04:34 AM
OCUK are thieves.

Johnny Bravo
06-22-2006, 04:56 AM
Guess we'll just have towait and see. I fear however that the number of noobs that are on their forum will just snap them up at these inflated prices and OCUK will think to themselves thats it's gonan be a-ok to sell them at that price. What we need here is a little healthy competition

lawrywild
06-22-2006, 01:46 PM
Guess we'll just have towait and see. I fear however that the number of noobs that are on their forum will just snap them up at these inflated prices and OCUK will think to themselves thats it's gonan be a-ok to sell them at that price. What we need here is a little healthy competition

LOL.. I have to confess I pre-ordered one :p:

Only because they won't be £200 atleast for a few months. Intel set something like $396 = £216

On top of that we have rip off Britain prices.. so I'm expecting them to be around £240 but I wanted to secure myself an early batch. (ocuk were first in UK to order from Intel apparently)

Also my current pc is playing up at the moment so theres no way I'm waiting till prices drop..

lawrywild
06-22-2006, 01:48 PM

Only because they won't be £200 atleast for a few months. Intel set something like $396 = £216

On top of that we have rip off Britain prices.. so I'm expecting them to be around £240 but I wanted to secure myself an early batch. (ocuk were first in UK to order from Intel apparently)

Also my current pc is playing up at the moment so theres no way I'm waiting till prices drop..

EDIT: Oh but I believe any of prices above the E6600 are inflated.. no way would I pay £411 for an E6700

EDIT: oh woops was meant to be an edit :p:

ea6gka
06-22-2006, 01:49 PM
OCUK are thieves.

gotta love constructive criticism

lawrywild
06-22-2006, 01:51 PM

:p:

Oh yeh and I didn't mind ordering on ocuk this time because warranties are with Intel..

Iconyu
06-22-2006, 03:41 PM

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/cat/612

Please note Hollands tax is higher than the UK's, all prices include tax and each item is listed at several stores. After conversion the cheapest three stores have each CPU at around £40 lower than OCUK.
Some stuff turned up and I won't be able to buy on launch, so I can't really stand in you guys way if you really want to make sure you have one from day one. But I've never really trusted those guys.
Whichever way you choose, I hope you enjoy your conroes. Post some benchies for the guys that have to wait a few weeks.

drunkenmaster
06-22-2006, 06:36 PM
the e6600 is supposed to be $316, can't be assed to check rates at the moment but call it, conservatively £180, should be maybe £210-220 after tax.

OCUK< EVERY SINGLE TIME twat on and on in their forum, we had a personal meeting with "insert company here", we ordered first, are the biggest in the uk and therefore will get priority allocation of chips. all of which is absolute bull:banana::banana::banana::banana:, but makes people rush to pay more money to make sure they get one. i can't think of how many times they insist they have the lowest, one time only, price on something. or have an exclusive item not available anywhere else. for instance they insisted they were the only people to have maxtor dm10+'s in for like 2 weeks, they weren't even the fecking first in the uk, there were a good 10 stores that had them.

there is a slim chance they might deal with some manu's directly, but its simple not cost effective to do it with most as the dsitributors, worldwide and uk ones provide far far far better prices as they buy in huge huge bulk. as for the biggest store, dabs sells more stuff in a few hours then ocuk does in a week, they are a tiny part of the market, but overclock, tek's, and all the other places are small too.

wait for release, scan, ebuyer maybe, microdirect, poss tek's, should all have them in, prices up so they should drop on release day. dab's tend to not care so much about getting stuff on day of release as components are a relatively small part of what they do.

lawrywild
06-23-2006, 01:28 AM
the e6600 is supposed to be $316, can't be assed to check rates at the moment but call it, conservatively £180, should be maybe £210-220 after tax.

lol shops have to make a profit aswell you know..

leejsmith
06-23-2006, 02:26 AM
Why are so many of you so negative towards overclockers.co.uk ?
i have loads of stuff from them in the past and on the 2 times i had problems they replaced the items both times no fuss. Once i need to get a card replaced same day so i drove to the store and even though they have a sign in the store saying returns wont be processed while you wait they did this one for me.
they are a business so what ever it takes to make a sale they will do and if that means we are the first ect they will do it. If you buy from them without checking other places and end up paying more than you could have thats not there fault.

as far as conroe prices go in the uk the E6600 it should be between £210 and £220 Plus Vat this is based on trade prices i have seen.

how you doing lary not spoke to you in a while i have an E6600 and p5w dh on back order too.

Johnny Bravo
06-23-2006, 03:10 AM

meh, don't sweat it, you're only one in a sea of folk mate. I understand your POV on this one. I'm just hoping that while OCUK are first off the blocks here there will be plenty of other retailers getting in on the action soon, which will help lower the prices somewhat. Plus Intel says there gonna meet the demand with a good supply so fingers crossed!

lawrywild
06-23-2006, 06:53 AM
hey Lee :D

Yeh, I'm not too bad mate, how are you?

i have loads of stuff from them in the past and on the 2 times i had problems they replaced the items both times no fuss. Once i need to get a card replaced same day so i drove to the store and even though they have a sign in the store saying returns wont be processed while you wait they did this one for me.
they are a business so what ever it takes to make a sale they will do and if that means we are the first ect they will do it. If you buy from them without checking other places and end up paying more than you could have thats not there fault.

as far as conroe prices go in the uk the E6600 it should be between £210 and £220 Plus Vat this is based on trade prices i have seen.

how you doing lary not spoke to you in a while i have an E6600 and p5w dh on back order too.

leejsmith
06-23-2006, 07:12 AM
Good thanks but not benching like i used to dont have the workshop anymore.
what ddr2 are you going to use when you get your conroe ?

hey Lee :D

Yeh, I'm not too bad mate, how are you?

stone_cold_Jimi
06-23-2006, 07:40 AM
i have loads of stuff from them in the past and on the 2 times i had problems they replaced the items both times no fuss.

+1

I suspect my Seasonic 600W is dodgy and blew my week-old Sandy 3700. Phoned OcUK and explained this to them, they gave me an RMA number immediately. Can't argue with that. I've no regrets about pre-ordering an E6700 from them; as I explained elsewhere, it may be a premium price but it means I'm guaranteed one as soon as they arrive. If there's a water-in-desert situation with these (like the Optys last autumn), even less reason to regret.

Scarlet Infidel
06-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Tekheads has the Infinity listed (http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=605699) for roughly the same price, slightly cheaper postage.

lawrywild
06-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Good thanks but not benching like i used to dont have the workshop anymore.
what ddr2 are you going to use when you get your conroe ?

Bought some ADATA DDR2-667 off ebay for £90 (2GB)

If I find out that it'll limit my Conroe OC then I'll buy something better but atm I'll see how this stuff clocks.

could only find one review on them which was crappy; OC results = 230 fsb they say, like wtf does that mean lol :rolleyes: They don't say what divider they were using, what volts and whether the (3.8ghz p4) cpu was limiting them.

So anyway, I'll see how they clock at first. Worst case scenario is they do stock and only get chip to 3ghz lol... THEN I'll upgrade ;)

leejsmith
06-26-2006, 04:20 AM
i just bought a 2gb kit of the Gskill 6400 HZ 0606 these do 500+ easy with timings of 4-4-3-2 @ 2.2V.
I also have 2 x 1gb kit patriot 5600 xlbk but i had problems running 4 sticks they wouldnt overclock as well as 2 sticks so i am selling them.

If I find out that it'll limit my Conroe OC then I'll buy something better but atm I'll see how this stuff clocks.

could only find one review on them which was crappy; OC results = 230 fsb they say, like wtf does that mean lol :rolleyes: They don't say what divider they were using, what volts and whether the (3.8ghz p4) cpu was limiting them.

So anyway, I'll see how they clock at first. Worst case scenario is they do stock and only get chip to 3ghz lol... THEN I'll upgrade ;)

Kesnel
06-26-2006, 06:19 AM
Where did you get your HZs from lee? I've been looking for a place that do them in the UK, but can only find the PC2-64000 ZXs or the PC2-8000 HZ set. I was going to import but I'd rather order from UK retailer if they've out there. :)

lawrywild
06-26-2006, 07:09 AM
i just bought a 2gb kit of the Gskill 6400 HZ 0606 these do 500+ easy with timings of 4-4-3-2 @ 2.2V.
I also have 2 x 1gb kit patriot 5600 xlbk but i had problems running 4 sticks they wouldnt overclock as well as 2 sticks so i am selling them.

sweet :slobber:

Hopefully I can gather some funds together for some better ram a bit later on..

Scarlet Infidel
06-26-2006, 08:39 AM
UK stockists info. (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1508460&postcount=47)

Also here is where i got mine. (http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_5266.html)

Kesnel
06-26-2006, 08:55 AM
Awesome, thanks for you help. :)

Those at Kustom are definitely using the new Micron IC?

ibby
06-26-2006, 09:10 AM

Take the heatspreadors off, its cosair value ;)

ibby

C Stat B
06-26-2006, 09:30 AM
I was dissapointed when I saw those OcUK Conroe prices, I'm sure they'll be more affordable later in the year. I'll also probably wait until they have them at Microdirect/Aria.

leejsmith
06-27-2006, 12:50 AM
My company buys gskill ddr2 trade from gobeyond in ireland and they have a online shop @ www.pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk but i just checked there website and they dont have it listed.
Looks like you have found some anyway.

Where did you get your HZs from lee? I've been looking for a place that do them in the UK, but can only find the PC2-64000 ZXs or the PC2-8000 HZ set. I was going to import but I'd rather order from UK retailer if they've out there. :)

graham_h
06-27-2006, 12:53 AM
anyway back on topic
Any conroes shipped yet ?

leejsmith
06-27-2006, 02:04 AM
ingram micro uk still show 13 of july

lawrywild
06-27-2006, 05:32 AM
Take the heatspreadors off, its cosair value ;)

ibby

are you sure, how do you know? how do they clock on 5-5-5-15?

Mykou
06-27-2006, 06:19 AM

yes , take a look at Andre Yang scores with that ram since he brought them to 550 Mhz ! DDR 800@1100 WOOOOTT

I ckecked mine and lucky guy with 0606 serial number too :)

Scarlet Infidel
06-27-2006, 06:37 AM
Awesome, thanks for you help. :)

Those at Kustom are definitely using the new Micron IC?

Sorry to continue off topic but yes, i emailed Kustom and they told me theirs were 0605, i bought some from them and indeed they were 0605. They may be 0606 now, i dont think it makes a difference.

DonS1mpson
06-27-2006, 07:22 AM
I found all the prices that OcUK are offering on these chips are rather high. From the pricing guides I’ve seen, I was expecting the E6300 to be in the £100 region with the E6600 in the £150 - £200 region. But still, these chips are pretty cheap when compared to what they are competing with - £200 will just about buy you an X2!

lawrywild
06-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Gibbo on ocuk says theyve ordered some 0606 GSkills and are en-route to the shop and will retail at £175 inc Vat

Pete
06-27-2006, 03:12 PM
anyway back on topic
Any conroes shipped yet ?

Just got some of mine in. Few RRP ones and then an ES one.

Funny the Retail from my Intel contact from Japan and they got here faster than the ES from the USA.

Yet to open my retails but they have been sold anyway

ibby
06-27-2006, 11:55 PM
are you sure, how do you know? how do they clock on 5-5-5-15?

I took the heat spreadors off me :D

Real easy to take off mate, but you will need a 2nd pair of hands ;)

my processor is fsb limited :(

so my results are .. 355mhz /710
4 3 3 8 :D @2.1v

but iam sure with 5 5 5 X they will go higher
ibby

leejsmith
06-28-2006, 12:20 AM
SO what motherboard's are you all looking at ?
I have the P5W DH deluxe on order and lawry does too is anyone looking at anything else.

lawrywild
06-28-2006, 12:39 AM
I took the heat spreadors off me :D

Real easy to take off mate, but you will need a 2nd pair of hands ;)

my processor is fsb limited :(

so my results are .. 355mhz /710
4 3 3 8 :D @2.1v

but iam sure with 5 5 5 X they will go higher
ibby

Ya, i read that they were doing about 720 on cas 4 on Newegg reviews. If they do that I'll be very happy because I bought these for only slightly more than a 1gb kit of corsair value lol..

Kesnel
06-28-2006, 12:51 AM
Sorry to continue off topic but yes, i emailed Kustom and they told me theirs were 0605, i bought some from them and indeed they were 0605. They may be 0606 now, i dont think it makes a difference.

Thanks for getting back to me. I ordered some from Memory Configurator as I could get them without VAT. :)

Edit: They just arrived with DHL now, they're from batch 0606 now at Mem Configurator.

Scarlet Infidel
06-28-2006, 01:15 AM
Thats good news, i cant give you any figures atm but im very pleased with mine.

Webzta
06-28-2006, 04:48 AM

Strange, Customer service has been second to none in my past experiences.

Bundles
06-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Just got some of mine in. Few RRP ones and then an ES one.

Funny the Retail from my Intel contact from Japan and they got here faster than the ES from the USA.

Yet to open my retails but they have been sold anyway

Is the ES chip unlocked at all? if so what multis are available on it?

s0nicp
06-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Gladiator computers have just started there pre order service for Core Duo 2. same kind of prices as overclockers though. But there customer service is really good.http://www.gladiatorcomputers.com/ProductList.aspx?CategoryID=9&Selection=19&Link=SideMenu

lawrywild
07-01-2006, 02:17 AM
Gladiator computers have just started there pre order service for Core Duo 2. same kind of prices as overclockers though. But there customer service is really good.http://www.gladiatorcomputers.com/ProductList.aspx?CategoryID=9&Selection=19&Link=SideMenu

more expensive than ocuk :stick:

K.I.T.T.
07-01-2006, 02:39 AM
Should get my P5W DH Deluxe on Tuesday. I ordered the last one in stock in the UK :D

Metroid
07-01-2006, 03:04 AM
Should get my P5W DH Deluxe on Tuesday. I ordered the last one in stock in the UK :D

It is a good board many of the higher overclockers got already 450 on it.

It is hard decision when you have to choose betweeen wait or get it now.

I think just 2 or 3 websites have the PW5 DH, but it still very expensive.

I think the right price should be between 140£ to 150£, some of them are selling for 180£, they must be crazy about profit :(

don_vercetti
07-01-2006, 03:09 AM
SO what motherboard's are you all looking at ?
I have the P5W DH deluxe on order and lawry does too is anyone looking at anything else.

For me, i have a Asus P5WDH on it's way, along with 2x1gb G.Skill PC6400 ZX's. I dunno how they clock, but stock for them is ddr2-800 4-4-4-12 so they can't be all that bad?

Got them for £140 as well, nice price imho.

taemun
07-01-2006, 03:09 AM
I think the right price should be between 140£ to 150£, some of them are selling for 180£, they must be crazy about profit :(

Welcome to the ugly world of the early adopter :(

mouawad
07-01-2006, 03:50 AM
more expensive than ocuk :stick:

heard of the saying "ppl know the price of everything but the value of nothing"???

Metroid
07-01-2006, 04:02 AM
heard of the saying "ppl know the price of everything but the value of nothing"???

Look this price right here and take a good sense.

Asus P5W DH for less than 144£. :)

Asus P5W DH 144£ (http://www.morecomputers.co.uk/textra.asp?pn=90%2DMBB2X0%2DG0EAY#overview)

The right should be 140£. Overclockers .co.uk sell it for 176.19 so it is 33£ more than its competitors. Bad enough.:(

K.I.T.T.
07-01-2006, 04:37 AM
I got mine for £153 + shipping. Not bad tbh. I had a look at morecomputers, but they say it'll only be in stock after the 15th of June :(

qui
07-01-2006, 05:14 AM
ermm.... its 1st July today mate.

Metroid
07-01-2006, 05:30 AM
I got mine for £153 + shipping. Not bad tbh. I had a look at morecomputers, but they say it'll only be in stock after the 15th of June :(

Yes just 15/07. where have you got for 153£?

don_vercetti
07-01-2006, 05:40 AM
KustomPC's. But they're out of stock now, sadly.

mouawad
07-01-2006, 10:03 AM

Look this price right here and take a good sense.

Asus P5W DH for less than 144£. :)

Asus P5W DH 144£ (http://www.morecomputers.co.uk/textra.asp?pn=90%2DMBB2X0%2DG0EAY#overview)

The right should be 140£. Overclockers .co.uk sell it for 176.19 so it is 33£ more than its competitors. Bad enough.:(

it was a dig at ocuk customer service :)

lawrywild
07-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Just noticed ocuk conroe's have gone from;

"Arriving July/August"

to

"Arriving July 24th 2006"

:D

Shame I'm on holiday until the 30th :(

Atleast Royal Mail will hold it until then :)

leejsmith
07-03-2006, 06:42 AM
i should have a p5w dh at work tomorrow and the cpu is still showing the 17th of july.

stone_cold_Jimi
07-03-2006, 12:00 PM
The SLi mobo thing is really irritating. It's kind of central to what I want. I don't want to end up paying via the nostrils for some expensive overclocking non-SLi board. (Nor an expensive doesn't overclock very well SLi either, when they arrive)

I'd go for a cheap overclocking mobo tho, to play with. Any ideas? Do any of the Asrock boards do what the Dual did for s939? That's the sort of thing. Plenty UK dealers got 'em, cheap as chips (relatively).

c16
07-05-2006, 10:40 AM

Gladiator Computers are the single worst company of any description that I have ever had to deal with. They are rude, ignorant and have none of the customer focused quality which they might claim. :mad:

Don't touch them with a barge pole, myself and many others I know have been left completely gobsmacked at their lack of customer service. :fact:

I could go into more detail but that should suffice for now.

don_vercetti
07-05-2006, 10:55 AM
My Asus P5W-DH has just arrived from KustomPC's - WOOO.

Once conroe gets here tomorrow i'll be happy as a bear who got the honey. Yay!

lawrywild
07-05-2006, 11:12 AM
My Asus P5W-DH has just arrived from KustomPC's - WOOO.

Once conroe gets here tomorrow i'll be happy as a bear who got the honey. Yay!

Just ordered mine from chillblast, should be here friday, then just need my chip.. w00t :)

don_vercetti
07-05-2006, 11:26 AM
what chip you getting mate?

I've got an ES E6300 arriving, but once E6600 is out and established, and all price gouging has stopped, i'll be getting one of them.

LivingL@rGe81
07-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Gladiator Computers are the single worst company of any description that I have ever had to deal with. They are rude, ignorant and have none of the customer focused quality which they might claim. :mad:

Don't touch them with a barge pole, myself and many others I know have been left completely gobsmacked at their lack of customer service. :fact:

I could go into more detail but that should suffice for now.

True dat brother, I had a 6800 from them faulty (artifacting) on arrival checked it in 3 machines rma'd it & they said there was nothing wrong with it & sent it back to me:mad: , i'll never use them again!

lawrywild
07-05-2006, 12:25 PM
what chip you getting mate?

I've got an ES E6300 arriving, but once E6600 is out and established, and all price gouging has stopped, i'll be getting one of them.

pre-ordered an e6600 form ocuk.. cmon cmon.. :D

if release date stays at 23rd I'll be on holiday until 30th.. :(

don_vercetti
07-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Been moved forwards to the 14th so legend has it. You best hope that's correct, eh.

lawrywild
07-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Been moved forwards to the 14th so legend has it. You best hope that's correct, eh.

Yeh, fingers crossed mate :D

Pete
07-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Just for ref, DO NOT GET THE BAD AXE MOBO

It suck and just died. The Asus is faster and way better, how ever that one just died so sadly i'm left with a CPU only till my new bords arrive

Asus says friday to me and Intel yet to find how to RMA it in the uk aghhh

Just wish my DFI would show up

lawrywild
07-07-2006, 04:01 AM
w00t! Look what the citylink man brought :D

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5248/dscf00361si.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1459/dscf00378mh.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2284/dscf00384sa.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1373/dscf00406fp.jpg

and my current conroe stuff ready :)

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7776/dscf00415yo.jpg

Now wait for the chip :)

Kesnel
07-07-2006, 04:09 AM
w00t! Look what the citylink man brought :D

:toast: :D

Where did you buy from in the end? What bios does did it ship with?

Temptation has finally got the better of me; I'm going to have to order one this weekend.

don_vercetti
07-07-2006, 04:16 AM
The Asus P5W-DH is feature wise an awesome motherboard. The wireless works really well, and the HD sound is very nice.

Set all my kit up this morning, been playing around with it for a bit. Just downloading 3dmark05 at the minute, but check out how it's doing at the moment;

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3927/conroe32m21ghz9ad.jpg

I just ran that in the background, as i was browsing the net and playing with the HD audio. Very Very impressed so far.

Temps peaked at 33c, and the vcore was utterly stable at 1.23v (although it's set 1.275v in BIOS).

EDIT

Mine shipped with 0401, booted fine with my E6300 first time. I bought it from KustomPC. In case you wondered, Kesnel.

lawrywild
07-07-2006, 04:43 AM
:toast: :D

Where did you buy from in the end? What bios does did it ship with?

Temptation has finally got the better of me; I'm going to have to order one this weekend.

got it from Chillblast, wanted to order from Lambdatek as it wouldve been about £20 cheaper but the ETA kept moving back a week at a time so jumped on the ones from Chillblast.

0401, I heard this don't support Conroe?? Don Vercetti, you say it's fine with allendale? hmm..

well I emailed ASUS to try to get them to send me a chip but being ASUS, I doubt I'll get a reply before christmas :)

Reckon I should use my SB Audigy 1 or use the onboard? :)

edit: oh yeh and the box and the weight of this thing.. jeesus, I though Chillblast had chucked in a free psu and a couple of x1900s when I picked up the box lol..

don_vercetti
07-07-2006, 05:07 AM
0401, I heard this don't support Conroe?? Don Vercetti, you say it's fine with allendale? hmm..

Stepping 4 Allendale's are all i can confirm. Both myself and a friend are using them fine on the P5W-DH. Rumour is it'll also work fine with retail conroe's, but i dunno about that. No-one has one yet i don't think, but presumably your E6600 would end up being a retail one.

Sound..i'd take the Intel HD over Audigy 1 anyday.

lawrywild
07-07-2006, 07:48 AM
Stepping 4 Allendale's are all i can confirm. Both myself and a friend are using them fine on the P5W-DH. Rumour is it'll also work fine with retail conroe's, but i dunno about that. No-one has one yet i don't think, but presumably your E6600 would end up being a retail one.

Sound..i'd take the Intel HD over Audigy 1 anyday.

kool, cheers

day187
07-11-2006, 04:45 PM
found some conroes cheaper than overclockers
delivery is down for the 18th of july

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?IL-E7600

might been posted already :rolleyes:

Richie P
07-12-2006, 01:50 AM
Dabs has also listed them on their website, availability 'End of July' though, and prices almost identical to ocuk.

http://www.dabs.com/productlist.aspx?&NavigationKey=11147&NavigationKey=4294955881&CategorySelectedId=11147&PageMode=1

lawrywild
07-12-2006, 05:21 AM
set evrything up yesterday, aslong as you RTFM is not a bad board. The shutdown bug is same as my p4gpl-x so I'm sort of used to it.. POST takes quite long sometimes and is normal at other times..

Here's where I am with my *UBER* celeron :D

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1701/untitled19hg.jpg

1.5v in bios :D

here's my sexy lapped celeron :cool:

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/1507/celerond0fb.jpg

but man is this thing horrid in CSS :(

stone_cold_Jimi
07-12-2006, 05:28 AM
w00t! My G.Skill HZ DDR2-1000 has shipped from OcUK. Still don't know what mobo... still want a real cheapo til the SLI DFI boards come out.

lawrywild
07-12-2006, 05:34 AM
w00t! My G.Skill HZ DDR2-1000 has shipped from OcUK. Still don't know what mobo... still want a real cheapo til the SLI DFI boards come out.

Asrock HDTV thingy?? :D

stone_cold_Jimi
07-12-2006, 05:44 AM
Asrock HDTV thingy?? :D

looks like it lol! Gotta say that the s939 Dual, for all its faults, got as much from the CPU as boards 3 times the price within the HTT limit. Hope these are as benign.

don_vercetti
07-12-2006, 06:41 AM

How much were they? I need some new (and decent) DDR2 RAM, this G.Skill PC6400 ZX just doesn't cut the mustard.

stone_cold_Jimi
07-12-2006, 06:46 AM
How much were they? I need some new (and decent) DDR2 RAM, this G.Skill PC6400 ZX just doesn't cut the mustard.

£362 with tax and shipping. I already have 2 GB of Ballistix DDR2-1000 (~£320), so it's proving to be an expensive obsession. :)

lawrywild
07-12-2006, 07:09 AM
£362 with tax and shipping. I already have 2 GB of Ballistix DDR2-1000 (~£320), so it's proving to be an expensive obsession. :)

:eek:

qui
07-12-2006, 12:12 PM
don_vercetti, just order some 6400HZ (0605 batch) from memory-configurator, will clock almost as high as 1000HZ kit clocks as in 1100-1200 but costs a hell of a lot less, half price actually.

stone_cold_Jimi
07-12-2006, 01:54 PM
don_vercetti, just order some 6400HZ (0605 batch) from memory-configurator, will clock almost as high as 1000HZ kit clocks as in 1100-1200 but costs a hell of a lot less, half price actually.

Good call, it's good stuff, judging by the threads. Ultimately my stuff is for a 6700 and Vapo LS rig, but stock air first. I'm wondering what it'll do, given the leeway on offer for either speed or tight timings. :D

don_vercetti
07-12-2006, 02:01 PM

yeah im tempted by the HZ as well. 6400HZ. I'm trying to sell my Zx for the same price i bought it for on OcUK (think i might be able to) then i'll order the HZ's.

simonmaltby
07-12-2006, 02:23 PM
The HZ is a good choice. I agree that spending on 8000's is overkill atm

Owen1978
07-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Just get some Xtreem ram, its a bargain!

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=101692

Got mine from here

http://www.memory-configurator.com/products/10553.html

Richie P
07-12-2006, 03:24 PM

Seconded.

But they've actually got the 0606 stock now.

I ordered from them last week and they shipped as soon as my payment cleared. Had to pay via bank transfer as any other method would've worked out more expensive due to companies GBP to Euro conversion. Bank cleared tuesday i think and I got them today. :banana:

£175 shipped is a great deal if you ask me. I tried to get tekheads to price match as i was gonna buy a few other price matched things from them but they said they couldn't - it'd be below their cost price!

stone_cold_Jimi
07-13-2006, 06:02 AM
:woot: That's it for DDR2 RAM, I hope. Never want to buy another stick. :D

don_vercetti
07-13-2006, 06:43 AM
Bugger me, how much did that little lot cost you?

madpete
07-13-2006, 06:49 AM
Ssshhh...No one tell him about these, the guy will bankrupt himself on DDR2...

http://www.gskill.com/en/f2-8500phu2-hz.html :D

lawrywild
07-13-2006, 06:51 AM
Bugger me, how much did that little lot cost you?

£362 with tax and shipping. I already have 2 GB of Ballistix DDR2-1000 (~£320), so it's proving to be an expensive obsession.

Ballistix is around 350 aswell so around £700 :eek:

Owen1978
07-13-2006, 07:03 AM
Ballistix is around 350 aswell so around £700 :eek:

Glads its not my money!!!

:nuts: :poke: :shock2:

stone_cold_Jimi
07-13-2006, 07:12 AM
Ssshhh...No one tell him about these, the guy will bankrupt himself on DDR2...

http://www.gskill.com/en/f2-8500phu2-hz.html :D

OMG!! :eek:

lol, no, enough. I was tempted by the fabulous G.Skill DDR HV a few months ago after I'd bought HZ (and Ballistix Z503) but controlled myself admirably. Same here. :)

don_vercetti
07-13-2006, 07:37 AM
But mate...

4-4-4-5 at 1066mhz...and with only 2.2v as well!! P5W would love that stuff.

I think it's fair to say, that RAM really is the creme de la creme of RAM.

Mankz_91
07-13-2006, 07:44 AM
unfortualnately, i hate OCUk, but only use them becuase they sell lots of products (memory and mobos) that other shops dont sell...

Im going to order an Asus P5B Deluxe and 2Gb o' G-skill NR 6400 cos they are thte only place that sell them ATM...

If i could i would use www.scan.co.uk but they only really stock main-stream stuff like corsair...

AJ

simonmaltby
07-13-2006, 07:50 AM
unfortualnately, i hate OCUk, but only use them becuase they sell lots of products (memory and mobos) that other shops dont sell...

Im going to order an Asus P5B Deluxe and 2Gb o' G-skill NR 6400 cos they are thte only place that sell them ATM...

If i could i would use www.scan.co.uk but they only really stock main-stream stuff like corsair...

AJ

try http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/

excellent service and they have the Gskill 6400 HZ in stock

stone_cold_Jimi
07-13-2006, 07:56 AM
try http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/

excellent service and they have the Gskill 6400 HZ in stock

Not any more, by the looks of it. £169 inc vat, out of stock. Who did that, then?

Devious
07-13-2006, 08:03 AM
But mate...

4-4-4-5 at 1066mhz...and with only 2.2v as well!! P5W would love that stuff.

I doubt that, Ive just RMA'd my G.Skill 6400 HZ to overclockers because over 410 FSB on my P5W I have to run your mem at 4:3 divider :(

Im may as well keep my cheaper team group 667 until Asus fix it as the HZ is wasted.

don_vercetti
07-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Not any more, by the looks of it. £169 inc vat, out of stock. Who did that, then?
Sadly not me, i missed it by a whisker :(

zakelwe
07-14-2006, 02:24 AM
http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=322640

Komplett have the X6800 cheaper

Regards

Andy

smids
07-14-2006, 03:18 AM
Conroe 2.4Ghz E6600 for £215 anyone? - Komplett...

stone_cold_Jimi
07-14-2006, 03:49 AM
OcUK are actually about 6 quid cheaper (X6800) before tax - add vat and delivery to Komplett's prices. "Conroe 2.4Ghz E6600 for £215 anyone?" same price.

Seems as if the price is the price here, there's nothing between them. Teh cartel... :rolleyes:

zakelwe
07-14-2006, 04:05 AM
OcUK are actually about 6 quid cheaper (X6800) before tax - add vat and delivery to Komplett's prices. "Conroe 2.4Ghz E6600 for £215 anyone?" same price.

Seems as if the price is the price here, there's nothing between them. Teh cartel... :rolleyes:

No .. Kompletts price is including VAT . Without VAT it is £565.96

So same for the E6600 at £215. Looks likem Komplett not gauging like Dabs and overclockers.

Regards

Andy

smids
07-14-2006, 04:27 AM

So same for the E6600 at £215. Looks likem Komplett not gauging like Dabs and overclockers.

Regards

Andy
QFT - I buy loads of stuff from Komplett - Tax is included and delivery is £7 via parcelforce - it comes from Holland so usually takes 2-3 working days though - unless of course you go DHL. I've had returns with them also - no problem whatsoever. They usually are good on new products and don't charge premiums as you can probably see. That works out £40 cheaper than OcUK inc delivery.

stone_cold_Jimi
07-14-2006, 04:36 AM
I stand corrected. :)

I'm sure when I bought a 6800 Ultra off them about 15 months ago, it was an ex-vat price.

simonmaltby
07-14-2006, 04:38 AM
I stand corrected. :)

I'm sure when I bought a 6800 Ultra off them about 15 months ago, it was an ex-vat price.

You can choose how you want prices displayed on thier site. Incl or Exclude Vat... But VAT is always there when you complete the purchase :)

zakelwe
07-14-2006, 04:42 AM
When I saw the Komplett price I got as far as the checkout ( plus 2GB of Corsair 6400C3 ) before sanity returned and I stopped myself. If I have a beer or two tonight I fear for myself. I might have to ask my wife to put my straightjacket back on.

Regards

Andy

stone_cold_Jimi
07-14-2006, 04:46 AM
But VAT is always there when you complete the purchase :)

Yeah, as I recall discovering... lol!

I've been spreading the cost. E6700 and ram are paid for, mobos are the issue for me now.

DsK
07-14-2006, 05:04 AM

wow, now that is a nice price for that chip!!

Pandamonia
07-14-2006, 05:25 AM
HELL YEH!

OCZ VX Titanium Alpha Ram! Shipped to my door avoiding customs 290GPB! Saved 70GBP rather than having to buy it from overclockers uk!

die overclockers die! WOOT!

All i need now is my 215-230 E6600 and a nicely priced mobo with high FSB and im good to go!

Long live honest US ebay sellers!

don_vercetti
07-14-2006, 05:31 AM
consistent high FSB mobo is the problem. Will the Abit be our saviours?

Pandamonia
07-14-2006, 05:53 AM
im hearing the gigabyte is hiting 480FSB Bootable and also stable!

with their new bios update a guy has 480 FSB on the DS3! BUDGET BOARD!

drunkenmaster
07-14-2006, 06:03 AM
ocuk are saying they'll have stock of x6800 for shipping from monday, and pick up after 2pm monday, which might be some kinda allowed release time, i'm hearing 100 x6800 for uk , possibly only the x6800 with other chips to follow :(

Mankz_91
07-14-2006, 06:04 AM
http://www.dabs.com/productlist.aspx?&NavigationKey=11147&NavigationKey=4294955881&CategorySelectedId=11147&PageMode=1

all of the C2D's are at Dabs, but stll not in stock..

Pandamonia
07-14-2006, 06:17 AM
id rather buy an E6600 from USA over ebay from a reputable seller. than pay for a UK one from OCUK

drunkenmaster
07-14-2006, 06:19 AM
i was more pointing out that probably everywhere will have x6800 for sale monday(or most places anyway), but in limited numbers but its not necessarily the case that all speeds of conroe's will be out then. :(

Beenom
07-14-2006, 06:24 AM
Maybe Intel themselves made sure that the X6800 will be in stock first :slap:.

They know that an E6600 can easily be OCed to X6800 speeds! Damn them! :slapass: :slapass: :slapass:

simonmaltby
07-14-2006, 06:53 AM
Well it worked on me. Just upgraded my E6700 order to an X6800

I'm not sure why OCUK get slated on here... I have used them for ages and found thier customer service to be excellent, as long as you ask in the right way.

I know they charge too much... This X6800 is way over the odds and should another retailer show stock on monday i shall cancel and switch, but i think they will be one of the few with stock.

For info... i looks like the prices depend on the wholesale supplier the company use. Both Dabs and OCUK use the same wholesaler and thier prices are the same. I dont know, but maybe komplett and Novatech use a different one hense the price - This makes me question product availability on the same day. Novatech are getting very non commital when asked.

Pandamonia
07-14-2006, 06:59 AM
intel are playing on peoples minds who have waited for these CPU's they have spun a load of hype about conroe. releasing the Xtreme version first is a way to get more people to spend the extra money on what is essencially a waste unless you got extreme cooling.

E6600 is the weapon of choice. for an extra 160 GBP i wont be buying an E6700 just for 1 extra multi.

the gigabyte hits 480FSB x 9 then u got a 4.3ghz CPU for 215GBP

Coupled with my new OCZ VX Titanium Alpha 2GB PC8000 at 4-4-4-12

for an estimated total of 655.00 GBP this pc will destroy!

ill sell my FX, Ram and Mobo for 655 Quite easily. as all three parts are back from RMA and brand new! thanks to my OCZ Powerstream for Blowing them all up!

simonmaltby
07-14-2006, 07:07 AM
intel are playing on peoples minds who have waited for these CPU's they have spun a load of hype about conroe. releasing the Xtreme version first is a way to get more people to spend the extra money on what is essencially a waste unless you got extreme cooling.

E6600 is the weapon of choice. for an extra 160 GBP i wont be buying an E6700 just for 1 extra multi.

the gigabyte hits 480FSB x 9 then u got a 4.3ghz CPU for 215GBP

Coupled with my new OCZ VX Titanium Alpha 2GB PC8000 at 4-4-4-12

for an estimated total of 655.00 GBP this pc will destroy!

ill sell my FX, Ram and Mobo for 655 Quite easily. as all three parts are back from RMA and brand new! thanks to my OCZ Powerstream for Blowing them all up!

I agree with your comments but...

I use the machine for play and work and thus need something that i can run at a decnt clock but with great reliability. Whats making me nervous is the ability of the mobo's to run 400FSB plus day-to-day. paying the extra (although bad value) give me lots of options.... maybe 307x13 will be more stable than say 10x400

Its all a bit unknown atm, the 6800 just broadens the chances.

drunkenmaster
07-14-2006, 07:51 AM
it depends what you do for work, if you encode, render, do very heavy (3dmax style) design work then i'd probo shell out for an expensive cpu. though again a dual socket slower clocked woodcrest system would probo be cheaper on cpu overall and faster for rendering. overclocking is good for benchmarking, encoding, rendering and stuff, for gaming a 2.93Ghz is more than enough, for word and stuff and not losing data raid 1 or 5 and a non overclocked cpu are the way to go.

theres nothing to garentee it will hit 4Ghz whatever way you look at it its a chance right now, but still i wouldn't buy the x6800.

as for slating ocuk, they have the worst rma performance of pretty much anywhere on average, yes sometimes you'll get somethign arrive in the morning and they'll ship you a new board or whatever out in the evening. i know a m8 whose shuttle board died and it took over a month to get his replacement. they are crap at answering calls/mails, they lie horrifically on their forums as i've mentioned earlier about multiple products. novatech with their online messaging told me within 3 minutes that the msi boards weren't version 2.0, that they don't know the official date for releasing chips but to keep checking the site.

as for diff distributors, i'd honestly imagine dabs would buy direct from intel as they are big enough too, ocuk i very very much doubt would as despite what they say they are so so so much smaller than ebuyer, dabs and others they are way less likely to make a blip on intels radar. very very often, working for an online store a couple years back, we would just check other sites and see what they are selling at. if the supplier is charging them £150, and they are selling for £250, some sites will ask, why shouldn't i make £100 if they damn well can. some sites don't check other sites to decide what price they'll sell at. some sites sell almost no cpu's so drop profits to entice more customers. ocuk are overcharging plain and simple. like i said, i here 100 cpu's available for whatever day is the official day they are allowed to, if ocuk are sticking to that day 50 others will ship out that day too. again you might not "see" stock in anywhere as the other 50 might get pre-ordered, doesn't mean they didn't get them in, its just that gibbo will be representing the only store to constantly say they were the only place.

stone_cold_Jimi
07-14-2006, 08:08 AM
I've had a lot of stuff from OcUK, often because they have what I want when others don't. I've also had a few nice bargain bits out of their weekly price-break section. And RMA'd a chip which "officially" was out of warranty but they replaced anyway.

So I have little to complain about when it comes to OcUK. YMMV, as is said.

Pandamonia
07-14-2006, 08:10 AM
I agree with your comments but...

I use the machine for play and work and thus need something that i can run at a decnt clock but with great reliability. Whats making me nervous is the ability of the mobo's to run 400FSB plus day-to-day. paying the extra (although bad value) give me lots of options.... maybe 307x13 will be more stable than say 10x400

Its all a bit unknown atm, the 6800 just broadens the chances.

E6300 clocked at 2.93 Ghz on the Asus is stable. one of the other threads showed benchmarking results and performances results at that speed.

thats a 418 FSB x7 multi with a 2mb cash for like $183. compared to $1200 for a X6800.

drunkenmaster
07-14-2006, 08:34 AM
yup, i do agree the E6300, purely because of the multi and the real need for very high fsb i think if you get the E6400, you get a 418x8 gives you an extra 400Mhz for tbh, a very small price hike. thing is, as all the benchmark show(when you look at a few of the reviews that properly show top end gaming) theres very little to be gained in gaming from overclocking. seriously unless anyone does very specific, constant and rigorous rendering, encoding for work or otherwise a better cpu isn't really needed. if you're benchmarking so be it, i'm not a big benchmarker but thats me. if i was i'd want a X6800. just so SimonMaltby knows this really isn't against him, just in general it really peeves me off when someone basically just uses a pc for gaming and general internet/word usage and say they need a X6800 as they are doing it for bragging rights. it you're gettin a X6800 for bragging rights so be it, i'm all for that, it just gets on my nerves when people say they really need it but they don't.

mainly as the amount of threads on multiple forums where people like that say stuff and generally convince people with less knowledge or less money that a 6800 will destroy a 6400 in gaming when it won't. if i was persauded to spend all my money on one to have a m8's system perform the same for way less cash. i'm all for the little guy :p

also a heads up, i pre-ordered from komplete the site just says out of stock the e-mail confirmation said expected stock on the 19th july so that could be a very very good sign of early conroe shipments on all speeds. if its accurate that means great news for everyone and mean people can wait an extra 2-3 days to get a vastly cheaper chip if they want.

its the first eta stock date i've seen anywhere on a E6600 and its a very very good news ETA.

so far today i ordered the g-skill HZ 6400 and 2 seagate 72.10's 320's, a asus top end 975 board. the 965 board is IN STOCK at novatech in the uk but i decided the 975 was better value for two reasons, i have to have wireless at uni so the included card saves me £25-30, and also i really wanted to get a remote but have never bothered, i use wireless mouse from bed but its a pain, actual buttons for volume and pause/play would be great so for me its a better specced board for same price after the extra's.

might grab a 965 for 2nd system with the 6400 at some point. paid £145 not the £175 some people are paying. also got a 930 dual core to last me till conroe arrives as i figure it will be the easiest to resell. was tempted to grab a £30 celery and just keep it as back up.

drunkenmaster
07-14-2006, 08:47 AM
oh, and despite saying i hate ocuk to a point i know what they are like and still order sometimes. the last order i got wasn't bad, but plenty of orders have been really late getting to me. cases of things like ordering and a good week later getting shipment confirmation on stuff that says its in stock. had other places with same issue but most/all call to say something was wrong and its not in stock and thats fine.

but i have to say, i ordered the hdd's and mem and within about 90 mins i got a shipment confirmation. thats the first in 20 odd orders thats shipped the same day(always have paid for next day del). feels bad giving too much credit to them so i will point out that summer sales drop off considerably for all computer shops(people want to be outside not in), so generally theres often more than enough staff/time for orders in the summer. still nice to see it though :p

simonmaltby
07-14-2006, 08:53 AM
No bragging rights here.

My machine is used for work and play. Work means running Server 2003 with Coldfusion, SQL server 2005, dreamweaver, Visual Studio and photoshop. Play means games.

basically i'm paying an extra 2 days work for the security of having a chip that will guarantee a good speed. Its been causing me a lot of grief looking arround and trying to decide... tbh if it means i will knuckle down and stop messing about by getting the first chip to hit the UK then its worth the stupid high price.

Add the fact that its all tax deductable and i get the VAT back... i'm in a lucky possition.

PS: dont worry i will still try and clock the pants off it before setting it up for work.

PPS: OCUK and delivery - its city link thats suck - when you are able to choose RM Special delivery all is well - as i have done in this case.

drunkenmaster
07-14-2006, 08:58 AM
oh i know citylink can suck, its the part where when you check order status and its telling you, "we have sent order to the warehouse, its waiting to be packed, if it stays here maybe its outta stock" or something along those lines for over a week when you can see all the stuff in stock, that pisses me off. once is fine, but up untill maybe the last year it was every order, and the last year its every other order. but this is the very first one to ship the same day i ordered. plenty of other places can manage same day delivery, a couple can't but don't claim they will send out the same day so thats fine too.

Beenom
07-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Drunkenmaster, did you get the ASUS P5W DH for the £145? If so, can you tell me where from please? :)

drunkenmaster
07-14-2006, 09:00 AM
oh, maltby, not sure if you were going for the asus but microdirect has them in stock about £30 cheaper if you were ordering one from ocuk and you could be bothered to cancel, they are like £8.99 next day dell so wouldn't be saving much.

EDIT:_ lol beenom, i'm not pyschic btw, i was just letting maltby know not replying to your post :p

simonmaltby
07-14-2006, 09:01 AM
Well its better than Ebuyer... ordered FX60 and FX55 turns up :(

oh, maltby, not sure if you were going for the asus but microdirect has them in stock about £30 cheaper if you were ordering one from ocuk and you could be bothered to cancel, they are like £8.99 next day dell so wouldn't be saving much.

had the Asus for a few weeks now... from OCUK.... very happy with it.

Beenom
07-14-2006, 09:05 AM
Lol thanks anyway drunkenmaster, that helps a lot man! I can already save about £35 on the E6600 (from Komplett) and another £25 on the P5W DH (from microdirect) compared with OcUK. (BTW these "savings" include the delivery and are rough estimates) :D.

Wow a saving of £60 already!

berk
07-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Anyone of you guys found a cheaper place than Novatech in the UK?

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/products/a923x1y0z1p0s0n0m0

snatchmonkey
07-14-2006, 02:19 PM
http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/kl.asp?bn=10491

looks cheaper to me

Metroid
07-14-2006, 03:02 PM
I just pre-ordered my E6600 from Komplett for 215£,:) after they sent me a email saying that might be in stock on July 19:rolleyes: . Everything is fine now I'm waiting for the only item left DFI 590 Intel edition.:p:

The bets are up to the first week of August. :rolleyes:

I hope all will be fine in my birthday on August 07 :toast:

Beenom
07-16-2006, 04:57 AM
Looks like the X6800 is now in stock at OcUK!! Hope this means that the other versions are coming very very soon! :p

Iconyu
07-16-2006, 05:59 AM
I just pre-ordered my E6600 from Komplett for 215£,:) after they sent me a email saying that might be in stock on July 19:rolleyes: . Everything is fine now I'm waiting for the only item left DFI 590 Intel edition.:p:

The bets are up to the first week of August. :rolleyes:

I hope all will be fine in my birthday on August 07 :toast:

£215, that exactly falls into the £210 - £220 range we were expecting when I complained about OCUK's prices. Pity, I've decided to wait for R600 and RD600 now.

morgado
07-16-2006, 06:06 AM
let the connroe sli boards come :D

Metroid
07-16-2006, 06:13 AM
£215, that exactly falls into the £210 - £220 range we were expecting when I complained about OCUK's prices. Pity, I've decided to wait for R600 and RD600 now.

Yes you are correct.

The price should be between 200£ to 220£ and not 240£ to 260£. What a shame. :(

I check everyday many prices coming from USA in a range of 320$ and we have VAT to pay of 17.5.

I was making the calculation including the resseller profit of 10% and Komplett earned 5 Stars for the price of 215£.

So total is 221£ included carriage :).

This is not bad at all if you compare with many online shops around on United kingdom that is charging as I stated above 240£ to 260£. :(

By the way we have komplett to fight against the overpriced shops :)

morgado
07-16-2006, 06:20 AM
Yes you are correct.

The price should be between 200£ to 220£ and not 240£ to 260£. What a shame. :(

I check everyday many prices coming from USA in a range of 320$ and we have VAT to pay of 17.5.

I was making the calculation including the resseller profit of 10% and Komplett earned 5 Stars for the price of 215£.

So total is 221£ included carriage :).

This is not bad at all if you compare with many online shops around on United kingdom that is charging as I stated above 240£ to 260£. :(

By the way we have komplett to fight against the overpriced shops :)

were did you find the boards in us ??
i whant one now!:banana:

Metroid
07-16-2006, 06:55 AM
were did you find the boards in us ??
i whant one now!:banana:

Which boards?

morgado
07-16-2006, 06:58 AM
Which boards?

the conroe sli like the dfi one:D

Metroid
07-16-2006, 07:09 AM
the conroe sli like the dfi one:D

It is coming on launch some of them. Asus will debut its new NF5 on 27/07 but direct speaking about the DFI the bets are up to the first week of August :)

The competition between them will warm up in the coming weeks.

By the way the yellow is the DFI and Darth Vader is Asus :lsfight:

morgado
07-16-2006, 07:17 AM
It is coming on launch some of them. Asus will debut its new NF5 on 27/07 but direct speaking about the DFI the bets are up to the first week of August :)

The competition between them will warm up in the coming weeks. :lsfight:

lests hope for that
becouse my asus board its kiling me at this moment
evrithing about the x6800 steping 4 :slapass:

Vric
07-16-2006, 07:20 AM
as with every Nforce chipset for Intel, I will wait quite a while to see many reviews first.

Metroid
07-16-2006, 07:26 AM
as with every Nforce chipset for Intel, I will wait quite a while to see many reviews first.

I will buy straight in the launch. I know what that is capable of :toast:

Moonraker™
07-16-2006, 09:19 AM
I just want one. and I know I can save that £40 (which is only a rumour really) somewhere else on my new machine.

Beenom
07-17-2006, 02:12 AM
Wow, the price at Komplett has just gone up £5! :slapass:

I want to pre-order but I don't know if i'll have to wait a long time or not!:stick:

DsK
07-17-2006, 02:55 AM
Wow, the price at Komplett has just gone up £5! :slapass:

I want to pre-order but I don't know if i'll have to wait a long time or not!:stick:I know, im slightly regretting not placing my order on Friday! Dont know if i should order now (as its still £30 cheaper than other places) or wait till they fully launch and see if the price drops a little.

Beenom
07-17-2006, 03:02 AM
I know, im slightly regretting not placing my order on Friday! Dont know if i should order now (as its still £30 cheaper than other places) or wait till they fully launch and see if the price drops a little.

Yeah and I emailed them and this is what they said:

"Dear sir,

unfortunately we have no information on this item yet. Please just keep an eye on the website for update on our stock. Sorry."

simonmaltby
07-17-2006, 03:03 AM
I know, im slightly regretting not placing my order on Friday! Dont know if i should order now (as its still £30 cheaper than other places) or wait till they fully launch and see if the price drops a little.

remember that postage is more expensive... standard is 2 -3 days most other places offer next day for same price

Beenom
07-17-2006, 03:05 AM
Yeah but im sure people would rather wait 1 more day and save around £30 than spend £250 + £7 next day delivery for 1 extra day... I know I would!

DsK
07-17-2006, 03:10 AM
Yeah but im sure people would rather wait 1 more day and save around £30 than spend £250 + £7 next day delivery for 1 extra day... I know I would!We've waited this long, i know a few days extra wont kill me! :D

Saving could be put into getting a better mobo or some better ram!

Beenom
07-17-2006, 03:21 AM
Oooh look at this!

Hi there

You see folks I told you OcUK would be the first. My purchasing skills are one to be reckoned with.

The X6800's are really flying now, to put it into numbers we got 50 units arrive into stock and now there is only 15 left.

I have more stock arriving this week too and am working on getting shipments brought forward on the E6600's for you guys! And also this

Intel have this order from me:-
500 x E4200
100 x E6300
100 x E6400
1000 x E6600
200 x E6700
200 x X6800

So Intel know exactly what we need and are supporting us to the full.

simonmaltby
07-17-2006, 03:21 AM
Yeah but im sure people would rather wait 1 more day and save around £30 than spend £250 + £7 next day delivery for 1 extra day... I know I would!

agreed,but its not that big a price difference... Novatech price = 239 next day, komplett is £226 2-3 days or £235 1-2 days.

Novatech are quoting dates where as komplett are not...
Novatech also dont charge your card until just before shipping... so if anywhere else shows in stock and for the same or lower price, cancelling is painless.

Just providing my findings :)

PS: I find it very odd that the only place in the UK that has had stock from Intel are also the most expensive.... smell anything???

Beenom
07-17-2006, 03:24 AM
Hmmm I agree, but the only thing attracting me to Komplett is that someone pre-ordered their E6600 and it said estimated shipping on 19th July I think? Thats so close (Wednesday!) Otherwise If OcUK get them in this week then I might just order from them... Don't want to wait until 24th but I shall see... :(

simonmaltby
07-17-2006, 03:26 AM
Hmmm I agree, but the only thing attracting me to Komplett is that someone pre-ordered their E6600 and it said estimated shipping on 19th July I think? Thats so close (Wednesday!) Otherwise If OcUK get them in this week then I might just order from them... Don't want to wait until 24th but I shall see... :(

Novatech offer est del of Friday 21st if you click on buy.... They are all the same i.e. guessing

Beenom
07-17-2006, 03:28 AM
Yeah.. but guess what :p I did that last week (Clicked buy) and it showed 14th July... I was so happy but then... next day I tried and it said 15th! :slap: And it kept growing! boo :slapass:

simonmaltby
07-17-2006, 03:31 AM
Yeah.. but guess what :p I did that last week (Clicked buy) and it showed 14th July... I was so happy but then... next day I tried and it said 15th! :slap: And it kept growing! boo :slapass:

I know... got to say this whole Conroe thing has blown my mind :(
So far i've had no luck getting an ES (despite trying for over a month) and changed my mind / orders while chasing the best value and supply.

Lets just hope good stock starts arriving soon and puts us all out of our missery

Beenom
07-17-2006, 03:35 AM
Same here mate, Already ordered my Phillips 200W6CS Monitor (Arriving this week :woot:) to go with my new Conroe rig! I don't want it to collect dust! :nono:

So the sooner Conroe gets its arse here the better! :slapass:

drunkenmaster
07-17-2006, 04:02 AM
on novatech try any out of stock item and it will give you the same delivery days, i think it just auto adds on 4-5 days to the normal options delivery would give you if they were in stock as most companies can get stuff in within a few days and meet the numbers, for pre release stuff they seem to do the same thing but they won't really know when they are coming in. komplete are saygin 19th, you'll see this only if you order not before.

as for ocuk, they say they are first, its very hard to tell, other places could have gotten 20 cpu's in and sold out pre order so they never come official in stock, doesn't mean they don't have them. i have a standing thought in my head to just not believe them.

its perfectly possible their distro paid over the top to get the first batch and whoever paid them the most could get them first. but its kinda unethical, and means they are about and won't be long, £100 to be first, you can't really get more desparate to be "known" on forums can you :(

as for their numbers, from what i know about their business size and orders per week numbers, the amount he says is a total lie, it might be what they want over the next month or two but i really really doubt that is a one time order. for instance, they got 50 in stock, they've been on pre-sale for two weeks and they didn't sell out, which should tell you firstly people aren't that desparate for them and 2 they don't have such a huge business as they make out. not to mention there is no way in hell a smaller company will rish buying that many cpu's at the price premium rates and take a while to sell them, despite bulk price saving the prices from distro's will drop a lot more than the bulk saving amount in the next few weeks and availability goes up.

IMHO, yet another bit of OCUK are the best propaganda.

Beenom
07-17-2006, 04:13 AM
So would you say that waiting for the 19th for Komplett will be best? And then if that doesnt happen go with Novatech? Then OcUK as a last resort yes? Sounds sensible to me...

simonmaltby
07-17-2006, 04:31 AM
So would you say that waiting for the 19th for Komplett will be best? And then if that doesnt happen go with Novatech? Then OcUK as a last resort yes? Sounds sensible to me...

I have done it the other way round.. Novatech first because they dont chage my card and cancelling is a one click process. If komplett show stock first i will switch and if something goes tatally wrong and OCUK are the only place with stock i may consider them

Beenom
07-17-2006, 04:37 AM
Good idea Simon mate, better to have a pre-order than no pre-order I guess! I will pre-order tomorrow from Novatech tomorro maybe and then check out Komplett from wednesday and see who was stock first, Novatech or Komplett... right got it sorted! :D

Now the motherboard...:slap: DFI or Intel Bad Axe... I don't have a 775 cpu to flash the Asus, though Asus will provide a new bios chip but after how long... 28 days?! :slapass:. I think i'll get the DFI and then consider RD600 later on...

tommo123
07-17-2006, 05:54 AM
i preordered mine with novatech, they mailed me today saying:

Hello

The official launch day is the 23rd so they should be in then. There is a small chance that we will receive them on Friday 21st so they can be dispatched on the 23rd. If we don't receive them until the 23rd they may be dispatched that day or it may be the Tuesday. It depends what time we take delivery.

Regards

xxx

after asking on a guesstimate for delivery of the E6600

Beenom
07-17-2006, 06:14 AM
Wow dispatch on a sunday!? :o that's pretty damn sweet. Thanks for the info tommo!

mearle73
07-17-2006, 07:31 AM
Ordered mine from Komplett today :"Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz Socket Expected in stock 24.07.2006

Beenom
07-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Im about to preoder my C2D from Novatech (next day delivery) :D If Komplett show it in stock earlier (doesn't sound like it now after reading above post) I'll order from them, for now its Novatech! w00t!

mearle73
07-17-2006, 07:56 AM
I used Komplett for the price,but they did get my 920 in stock before any of the UK based stores,got my memory from Ireland saved quite a bit,beats getting ripped off from the UK stores

shuRe
07-17-2006, 08:04 AM
OCUK are thieves.

so tru, dont buy it from them if its new out, they mark the price up to the eye balls.

They have good availablility, but the customer services might as well not exist, saying that i dont know a good computer parts company in the UK :cool:

Who buys from Novatech? They are like the PCworld of the internet.

Metroid
07-17-2006, 08:05 AM
I used Komplett for the price,but they did get my 920 in stock before any of the UK based stores,got my memory from Ireland saved quite a bit,beats getting ripped off from the UK stores

I can not be preciselly but what I heard is that komplett if you are refering about processors they are the first in Europe in getting that, As for being a great company with 6 online websites, many Conroes have being ordered and has now raised to 220£ that means is the Stock 2 coming up instead of stock 1 being 215£..

Beenom
07-17-2006, 08:12 AM
Who buys from Novatech? They are like the PCworld of the internet.

I don't know where you got that from :rolleyes: but look at the prices, its the cheapest in UK apart from Komplett (German based?). I mean come on... PCWorld charge so much for :banana::banana::banana::banana: stuff... Don't see Novatech doing that do you...:stick:

Metroid
07-17-2006, 08:42 AM
I don't know where you got that from :rolleyes: but look at the prices, its the cheapest in UK apart from Komplett (German based?). I mean come on... PCWorld charge so much for :banana::banana::banana::banana: stuff... Don't see Novatech doing that do you...:stick:

176£ for a asus P5W DH :slapass:

Beenom
07-17-2006, 08:50 AM
176£ for a asus P5W DH :slapass:

Same as OcUK :rolleyes:. They are PCWorld too? Anyway if i wanted P5W DH I'd get it at Microdirect.co.uk.. http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=14258&GroupID=0

Even though its not in stock:rolleyes:. Blame the manufacturer for charging high prices not resellers!:slapass:

Anyway, anyone with half a brain who's into buying pc components should know to shop around a bit! :slap:

lawrywild
07-17-2006, 09:06 AM
I got mine here: http://chillblast.com/product.php?productid=17463&cat=0&page=1

Slightly better price than ocuk but in stock, shipping says amtrak but mine came by city link.

drunkenmaster
07-18-2006, 12:57 AM
just thought i'd point out, despite constant bull:banana::banana::banana::banana: from gibbo, "we ordered first in the uk", "we're garenteed to be the first in the uk", "we suck donkey balls which make us great" scan had them in stock by the end of the day too.

service isn't too bad from ocuk as long as nothing goes wrong and you don't need to contact or rma from them, prices are often cheaper than other places but generally on smaller things, rarely if ever on mem, mobo's, cpu's or gfx cards. its the lieing on the forum, the constant bull:banana::banana::banana::banana: lying. pre-order with us because we'll have them in first, etc, etc, raise the price £100 and yet again found out to be lying.

would it not be enough to say, "we know we'll have some on same day anyone else can get them", wouldn't be lying, but would still let people know if they pre-order they'll get them literally asap.

EDIT:- also, its kinda bad to hang on the fence when it comes to pre-ordering as often first batches of chips can come in very small quantities, they can easily sellout the pre-orders and subsequent pre-orders then come from next batches with later dates. personally i think everyone will get them same day, or sometimes within a day of others(because some people don't update websites often-- like dabs, new products usually go up at 2-3am when they update the whole website). i'm not sure if you will be able to order a chi[ straight from stock from komplett or teks/novatech, but some stores will have them in stock for ordering, might not be the cheapest though.

Beenom
07-18-2006, 01:04 AM
Man calm down a little bit lol, do you really have so much hate for a BUSINESS? :slap: . Thats what they are, a business, if they can't promote their own products on their own forums whose can they? Its clever of them to use the forums to generate hype and get the pre-orders in! Maybe that bit of intiative is why they're still running, even if they are small. Anyway if you don't like them, don't buy from them and let the people who do want do, do! :slapass:

Moonraker™
07-18-2006, 11:02 AM
OFF TOPIC...

MAN, It's shockin how many Londoners are on here. I swear everytime I see "Location: xxxx, UK" that xxx is usually London!

Back on topic:

I just want my conroe here now!

Beenom
07-18-2006, 11:05 AM
OFF TOPIC...

MAN, It's shockin how many Londoners are on here. I swear everytime I see "Location: xxxx, UK" that xxx is usually London!

Back on topic:

I just want my conroe here now!

Got something against Londoners eh! :slapass: Joke lol :toast:

On topic: YES WE WANT OUR BLOODY PROCESSORS!

Durzel
07-18-2006, 11:16 AM
just thought i'd point out, despite constant bull:banana::banana::banana::banana: from gibbo, "we ordered first in the uk", "we're garenteed to be the first in the uk", "we suck donkey balls which make us great" scan had them in stock by the end of the day too.

service isn't too bad from ocuk as long as nothing goes wrong and you don't need to contact or rma from them, prices are often cheaper than other places but generally on smaller things, rarely if ever on mem, mobo's, cpu's or gfx cards. its the lieing on the forum, the constant bull:banana::banana::banana::banana: lying. pre-order with us because we'll have them in first, etc, etc, raise the price £100 and yet again found out to be lying.I would agree with you for the most part - however they were definitely the cheapest UK place I could find with the G.Skill 2x1GB PC2-6400 HZ kits. Even memory-configurator were advertising them for £180+shipping.

CyberSphinx
07-18-2006, 11:25 AM
C'mon dudes show us some pics :slobber:
I know that some of you allready have the chips :p:
Almost Wednesday and no pics :slapass:

Beenom
07-18-2006, 11:27 AM
C'mon dudes show us some pics :slobber:
I know that some of you allready have the chips :p:
Almost Wednesday and no pics :slapass:

Some pictures on OcUK forums.

Anyway I wanted to ask you lot, do you know where the cheapest P5W DH is available from? And it has to be in stock cuz i wanna buy soon ya see, so if you've come across it or anything please let me know. I've already requested my updated bios chip... just waiting for a reply from Asus now... thanks in advance!

lawrywild
07-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Some pictures on OcUK forums.

Anyway I wanted to ask you lot, do you know where the cheapest P5W DH is available from? And it has to be in stock cuz i wanna buy soon ya see, so if you've come across it or anything please let me know. I've already requested my updated bios chip... just waiting for a reply from Asus now... thanks in advance!

Chillblast is cheapest *instock* place i've seen but it's not cheap..

DsK
07-18-2006, 12:36 PM
OFF TOPIC...

Back on topic:

I just want my conroe here now!I noticed a similar thing, very few Londoners on FM where i mainly hang out!

Anyway *cough* OcUK have the x6800 in stock at only £782 inc VAT..... now wouldnt you rather wait for someone like Komplett who have it for £665?

Beenom
07-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Chillblast is cheapest *instock* place i've seen but it's not cheap..

Grrr Morecomputers.com have 117 in stock but when I click buy it says not in stock! Can you check if it says the same thing to you?

http://www.morecomputers.co.uk/textra.asp?pn=90%2DMBB2X0%2DG0EAY

I've emailed them, hopefully i'll get a reply tomorrow :stick:

Thanks

lawrywild
07-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Grrr Morecomputers.com have 117 in stock but when I click buy it says not in stock! Can you check if it says the same thing to you?

http://www.morecomputers.co.uk/textra.asp?pn=90%2DMBB2X0%2DG0EAY

I've emailed them, hopefully i'll get a reply tomorrow :stick:

Thanks

No, it says MINUS 117 stock :rolleyes:

Metroid
07-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Komplett will ship on 19/07, so that means to come to UK , it takes 3 or 4 days.
19 + 4 = 23 put + 1 = 24. So that is Monday. I think it will come in the morning, getting the CPU and wait for the motherboard, that is coming on 07 August :(

Beenom
07-18-2006, 01:07 PM
No, it says MINUS 117 stock :rolleyes:

Ah of course! :slap: . Stupid me eh! :slapass: How can you have minus stock though... they got 117 pre-orders or something?! :stick:

Beenom
07-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Komplett will ship on 19/07, so that means to come to UK , it takes 3 or 4 days.(

Are you sure its on the 19th?

Ordered mine from Komplett today :"Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz Socket Expected in stock 24.07.2006

Also it doesn't state that it will be in stock tomorrow, whereas if you look at other products on Komplett's site they say stuff like xx pieces expected xx date... :stick:. Will wake up tomorrow and find out... :woot:

Beenom
07-18-2006, 02:02 PM
Found the Asus P5W DH for £153 2-3 days delivered or £158 for next day delivery. I'm tempted to get it for £153...

fornowagain
07-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Just managed to get an Asus in stock at Microdirect for £153 all in. Now they're out of stock again.

Beenom
07-19-2006, 02:26 AM
So anyone's E6600 from Komplett shipped? Someone said they'll ship on the 19th...

mearle73
07-19-2006, 02:30 AM
My order returns:Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz Socket
LGA775, 2MB, BOXED w/fan
1 pcs estimated shipping on 2006-07-24

Metroid
07-19-2006, 06:23 AM
Conroe in stock here (http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/home.php?cat=373).
for 252£ :(

Beenom
07-19-2006, 06:41 AM
Conroe in stock here (http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/home.php?cat=373).
for 252£ :(

Its not in stock mate :p:

"PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ARE DUE IN STOCK ON 26th JULY."

Beenom
07-21-2006, 01:56 AM
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?IL-E6600

The "Out of stock" at Novatech has gone, I think they have them in stock but might not ship until Monday! Im going to Email them.

Budvar
07-21-2006, 05:18 AM
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?IL-E6600

The "Out of stock" at Novatech has gone, I think they have them in stock but might not ship until Monday! Im going to Email them.

Just phoned them myself and they are unsure when they will have them instock but they believe the stock will be arriving next week they are just unsure of the date but is unlikely to be Monday, going to wait with them as they got the motherboard I want as well.

Specialtech.co.uk has Conroes already in stock (E6300's) if your itching to get one but they have no Conroe supporting motherboards :(

Beenom
07-21-2006, 05:49 AM
Grr, that sucks :(. On Monday I will have everything for my new rig apart from Conroe! Specialtech shows in stock date of 26th July. I have a feeling that E6400 to E6700s will be in stock at the middle of next week.

stone_cold_Jimi
07-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Sniffing around, it looks like X6800 and OEM E6300 will be available on Monday and FKW for the others. :(

Plainly, speed binning the E6400 to E6700 range is a royal pain lol.

tommo123
07-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Wow dispatch on a sunday!? :o that's pretty damn sweet. Thanks for the info tommo!

no problemo. had to mail them with delivery probs - am stuck in work all hours next week so wont be in for delivery. thankfully, they said they will redeliver to my work so problem solved :D

edit to remove sig

leejsmith
07-24-2006, 01:38 AM
so any updates on stock yet ?
ingram micro show them coming in on the 26th but my backorder shows 06/08/06 so not sure whats going on.
i am checking with another trade supplier as they said they should have them early this week too.

Beenom
07-24-2006, 01:40 AM
Hmm it doesn't seem like anyone is getting it today, maybe towards the end of the week, I want mine on or before friday! :slapass:. Today, all my new rig parts are coming and I don't want them sitting idle, wanna play games!!! :slap:

leejsmith
07-24-2006, 01:42 AM
another trade supplier microtronica have said september the 1st guess i will wait for ingram to see what they say.

stone_cold_Jimi
07-24-2006, 05:10 AM
Hey everyone, it's the 24th!! {checks mail for E6700 dispatch}

{tumbleweed}

zzzzzzzzzzzz....

Vric
07-24-2006, 05:34 AM
where the 24 date come from anyway ? Intel said 27...

it's sad to get exited by some forum rumor.

Kesnel
07-24-2006, 05:51 AM
OcUK are saying stock will arrive this week. I'd rather buy from Komplett though as the e6700 is £60 cheaper there. :eek:

RAGING DRAGON
07-24-2006, 06:42 AM
Can someone post all the retailers in the UK please to help other people distinguish for themselves which is cheaper etc.
Also don't forget to bear in mind the charges for shipping. Most e-tailers charge a set amount for shipping no matter how many items ordered so buying more than one item will often compensate for quite a high postage charge.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=11&FilterCategories=447&Thumbnails=yes

http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/home.php?cat=373

http://chillblast.com/home.php?cat=200

http://www.cclonline.com/product-categories.asp?category_id=249

http://www.dabs.com/productlist.aspx?&NavigationKey=11147&NavigationKey=4294958803&NavigationKey=44250000&CategorySelectedId=11147&PageMode=1

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/Intel_Socket_775_Core2_Duo.html#a5632

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=23828

http://www.eclipse-computers.com/product.aspx?code=CPI-E6600

http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=605806

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=14436&GroupID=1073

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/112706

http://www.gladiatorcomputers.com/ProductList.aspx?CategoryId=9.12&Link=BrowseSubCategory

http://www.rlsupplies.co.uk/Products/Products.asp?type=dept&DepartmentID=477

http://www.morecomputers.co.uk/textra.asp?pn=BX805576600

Beenom
07-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Can someone post all the retailers in the UK please to help other people distinguish for themselves which is cheaper etc.
Such as

http://www.overclockers.co.uk (thieves)

http://www.scan.co.uk

Komplett's site?

Great idea mate, here's one to add to the list, but no due date :slap:

EDIT: http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=23828 (they show stock due tomorrow but same prices as OcUK)

http://www.eclipse-computers.com/product.aspx?code=CPI-E6600 (Says "Available 2 to 3 days"

Budvar
07-24-2006, 07:06 AM
Great idea mate, here's one to add to the list, but no due date :slap:

EDIT: http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=23828 (they show stock due tomorrow but same prices as OcUK)

http://www.eclipse-computers.com/product.aspx?code=CPI-E6600 (Says "Available 2 to 3 days"

CCL are like Dabs they deal mostly with companies and Universities / Schools as such they wont be getting them in quick as the majority of there market will not want them now. So expect CCL to have them around the same time as Dabs i.e. mid to late August. Pity as CCL are my prefered supplier as never had any issue with any order from them and you can speak to them on the phone unlike Dabs.

Dabs are http://www.dabs.com/productlist.aspx?&NavigationKey=11147&NavigationKey=4294955881&CategorySelectedId=11147&PageMode=1

Kompletts page is http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/kl.asp?bn=10491

Think Komplett are about the cheapist (£220 for E6600 for instance) but its the whole shipped from Netherlands thing thats always put me off ordering from them.

Just to complete the list of major UK suppliers :)

edited: Could of sworn Komplett were German but nope Norwegian with the UK warehouse in the Netherlands.

Beenom
07-24-2006, 07:11 AM
CCL are like Dabs they deal mostly with companies and Universities / Schools as such they wont be getting them in quick as the majority of there market will not want them now. So expect CCL to have them around the same time as Dabs i.e. mid to late August. Pity as CCL are my prefered supplier as never had any issue with any order from them and you can speak to them on the phone unlike Dabs.

Dabs are http://www.dabs.com/productlist.aspx?&NavigationKey=11147&NavigationKey=4294955881&CategorySelectedId=11147&PageMode=1

Just to complete the list of major UK suppliers :)

Hm i see, thanks for pointing that out :toast:. People on the OcUK forums have called in and apparently OcUK have said that the order has been despatched or will be despatched tomorrow. However the description page hasnt changed yet.

Budvar
07-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Think this deserves a new thread given a lot of people asking about this and this is the first confirmation of whats been hinted at - namely Core2Duo (apart from the X6800 and E6300) will not be available until at least beginning of August, but going on OCuk it will be later than that as there would be uproar if they say its going to be almost a month wait.
This is taken from OCuk's forum and they were due what is probably about the largest order in the UK:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17604357

No, it doesn't deserve a new thread. Way too many of similar ones already. Merged! - bachus_anonym

Beenom
07-24-2006, 09:07 AM
Think this deserves a new thread given a lot of people asking about this and this is the first confirmation of whats been hinted at - namely Core2Duo (apart from the X6800 and E6300) will not be available until at least beginning of August, but going on OCuk it will be later than that as there would be uproar if they say its going to be almost a month wait.
This is taken from OCuk's forum and they were due what is probably about the largest order in the UK:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17604357

No, it doesn't deserve a new thread. Way too many of similar ones already. Merged! - bachus_anonym

That thread has left me depressed because all my other parts came today... I hope OcUK get OEM E6600s on the FIRST week of August because I don't want to wait until mid august... GRRR :mad: :slapass: :slap:

RAGING DRAGON
07-24-2006, 10:37 AM
OcUK are a joke. I ordered a PSU from them and it roared like a jet engine. I sent it back to them and they waited 30 days before they sent me a replacement.
30 days without being able to use my PC, you can only imagine my frustration at their lack of support.
It's obvious they lied about when they'd be receiving stock, I'm laughing at them still claiming that Intel will make sure that they're the first UK suppliers who are given these CPUs lol.

simonmaltby
07-24-2006, 12:39 PM
It's obvious they lied about when they'd be receiving stock, I'm laughing at them still claiming that Intel will make sure that they're the first UK suppliers who are given these CPUs lol.

errr but they were and still have x6800 in stock... but at a rip off price.
What gets me is why Intel let one supplier have all the stock even though other have pre orders at realistic prices.

Intel have messed this launch up good and proper... thinking of forgetting the whole thing and flaming Intel tbh

drunkenmaster
07-24-2006, 02:32 PM
scan had stock the same day, i didn't really check everywhere else but ocuk were only the first to put it up on their page as in stock. scan like other companies aren't a tiny little enthusiast store, x6800 is a much larger scale product for the likes of overclock.co.uk, overclockers.co.uk , tekheads, and the likes. scan, dabs, ebuyer don't get them in stock and instantly run over drooling over the x6800 and brag on their forums about stuff like that.

tekheads and dabs i believe, and maybe a couple of others both had a decent amount of the E6300 oem's before ocuk did(by a couple of days). ocuk talk trash, i still use them but fully know what to expect.

as for dabs dates, until they say 1-2 days you will have no clue when they'd come in. they can say 3-4 weeks, update at midnight to 1 week, next night 2 weeks, next night 1-2 days and in stock the next. they are often just estimates of when they think they'll need to re-order, if dabs had a forum and said we'll get first stock in they wouldn't be lying, they are the biggest shop and distro's will do anything they say... but they work in mass quantities and won't order 20 x6800's on their own, but wait till they can order the 20 x6800, 500 930 p4-d,s and 4k other cpu's and save on shipping and get better bulk order prices.

stone_cold_Jimi
07-25-2006, 01:32 AM
According to the voice of OcUK, Gibbo -

"E6300 - E6700 Retail - Today was just a paper launch only! What a flop! Intel and distributors say stock will not hit until middle of August but are guaranteeing that OcUK will be first with stock at beginning of August with plenty of product to clear all backorders and more."

If the highest and lowest spec Conroes are already on the shelves and we're going to have to wait that long for the others, I still suspect a new revision or new stepping. Hopefully it will be worth waiting for.

zakelwe
07-25-2006, 01:46 AM
I'm thinking about waiting for the 3.2XE to come out and then grab a 2.93XE at bargain price as they clear stock. This means I get the multipliers upwards as well.

Mind you that might not happen cost wise and it also means waiting a long long time.

Regards

Andy

Beenom
07-25-2006, 02:07 AM
Anyone know who 'ihatelag' from OcUK is? Maybe he browses these forums?

It is a let down not getting the conroe. There was a post (which I will not highlight in this sensitive situation) where someone said they could get the 6600 cheaper elsewhere and Gibbo himself replied "but we will be the first to get stock". I guess that doesn't hold much water anymore since that "other" e-tailer has stock and moving the processor out in full swing.

TELL ME WHERE PLEASE!!! Anyone know where the "OcUK flaming" thread on XS is? It's meant to have a direct link to that e-tailer...

fornowagain
07-25-2006, 04:00 AM
This is it, flame away. He's hinting about a EU company. I'd think he means Komplett and thay have no stock and no idea when they'll have stock.

Some bloke from Intel's popped up on the OCUK thread with the backing of the admin. Funniest thing I've read in weeks.

RAGING DRAGON
07-25-2006, 04:28 AM
This is it, flame away. He's hinting about a EU company. I'd think he means Komplett and thay have no stock and no idea when they'll have stock.

Some bloke from Intel's popped up on the OCUK thread with the backing of the admin. Funniest thing I've read in weeks.

Have you got the link mate?

Where will everyone be buying their Conroe from?

Please look at my post above to see a list of some e-tailers for the UK market.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1600376&postcount=216

fornowagain
07-25-2006, 05:06 AM
Have you got the link mate?

Link (http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17604357)

fornowagain
07-25-2006, 05:24 AM
Please look at my post above to see a list of some e-tailers for the UK market.

http://www.gladiatorcomputers.com/ProductList.aspx?CategoryId=9.12&Link=BrowseSubCategory

Some of the more useful, you missed.

Cobalt
07-25-2006, 05:28 AM
The problem is that if I go to another retailer then they don't stock exactly what I want. I don't really care about a few quid difference when I get it all from one place. If another of those retailers has E6300, DS3, G.Skill 2GB DRR2 NR, Enermax liberty 400W and an 80GB SATA HD for less than I can get it from OcUK then great. But I haven't been able to get that and if I go to multiple retailers then postage costs outweigh any benifits.

On larger order OcUK shipping is a bargin. It may be £8 to deliver a single piece of software, but its only £12 to ship a full system.

Beenom
07-25-2006, 05:37 AM

Hi mate, I don't think rlsupplies have the E6600? I can't see them on their website? (Ebuyer is a rip off! :slapass:)

fornowagain
07-25-2006, 05:38 AM
then postage costs outweigh any benifits.

I bought motherboard, memory and cpu. All from separate suppliers and still saved approx £60.

Don't mind OCUK at all, spent loads there, but they're not cheap.

E.g. Asus PW5DH microdirect £147 (£5 shipping), OCUK £176. Bought/arrived last week

fornowagain
07-25-2006, 05:39 AM
Hi mate, I don't think rlsupplies have the E6600? I can't see them on their website? (Ebuyer is a rip off! :slapass:)
No they don't, but they're handy to have and quite good, so I stuck em on. I've got dozens more smaller ones (not showing conroe), but they're not worth mentioning so I won't.

Budvar
07-25-2006, 05:42 AM
The problem is that if I go to another retailer then they don't stock exactly what I want. I don't really care about a few quid difference when I get it all from one place. If another of those retailers has E6300, DS3, G.Skill 2GB DRR2 NR, Enermax liberty 400W and an 80GB SATA HD for less than I can get it from OcUK then great. But I haven't been able to get that and if I go to multiple retailers then postage costs outweigh any benifits.

On larger order OcUK shipping is a bargin. It may be £8 to deliver a single piece of software, but its only £12 to ship a full system.

That shippings a bit expensive though compared to the other etailers e.g. Novatech who charge £4.99 for next working day delivery (think its one set price with novatech well had the same price irrespective if just getting a CPU or case + full system), Scan charge £7.00 upto £10 (dont believe they have a higher level if they do dont know what it is as one of my orders was a 40lb + case and large box). Try Novatech, Scan and Dabs to see if they have all the bits that you need as for me they have been a lot more reliable than OCuk and they dont charge you the instant you place the order only when it is shipped.

RAGING DRAGON
07-25-2006, 06:12 AM

Thanks a lot I've updated my list now if anyone's interested.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1600376&postcount=216

Moonraker™
07-25-2006, 06:20 AM
Thanks a lot I've updated my list now if anyone's interested.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1600376&postcount=216 (UK Conroe Sellers)

You've got the URL and the name mixed up m8.

It's URL=http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1600376&postcount=216!

Moonraker™
07-25-2006, 06:22 AM
Such as

http://www.overclockers.co.uk (thieves)

http://www.scan.co.uk

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=23828

http://www.eclipse-computers.com/product.aspx?code=CPI-E6600

Erm hello! - Great list and all. But please list more sites with "THEIVES" not just OcUK. GLADIATOR AND EBUYER are both MORE expensive!

RAGING DRAGON
07-25-2006, 06:22 AM
You've got the URL and the name mixed up m8.

It's URL=http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1600376&postcount=216!

Fixed now. I guess I tried to change it so that the URL appeared as "UK Conroe sellers" but I messed up somewhere :)

Cobalt
07-25-2006, 06:23 AM
I bought motherboard, memory and cpu. All from separate suppliers and still saved approx £60.

Don't mind OCUK at all, spent loads there, but they're not cheap.

E.g. Asus PW5DH microdirect £147 (£5 shipping), OCUK £176. Bought/arrived last week
Good point. It is possible but I have rarely found it to be the case unless there are some big discounts.

Microdirect is my favorite retailer. Excellent customer service good discounts and reasonable shipping. They also have a lot of things that others like OcUK don't. I haven't checked them recently though.

fornowagain
07-25-2006, 06:50 AM
One more (get the pun:cool: )

Beenom
07-25-2006, 06:52 AM

They have great prices but I've been looking at them and their E6600 restock date gets pushed back further and further! It was 11/9/06 not too long a go! And it was August before that lol.

RAGING DRAGON
07-25-2006, 06:57 AM

I've added it to the list but I want to know if all of these sites have good customer service?
Are they reliable?

Dominus
07-25-2006, 07:01 AM
Ugh, seems Komplett won't have anything till the 21st next month. I need a PC by the 25th next month at least, preferable 2-3 weeks before :( .

Budvar
07-25-2006, 07:09 AM
Ugh, seems Komplett won't have anything till the 21st next month. I need a PC by the 25th next month at least, preferable 2-3 weeks before :( .

Build it with a £30 celeron and then put the Conroe in when it comes available, it is what I am being forced to do as my current main machine is becoming unreliable so need a new work machine asap.

Dominus
07-25-2006, 07:14 AM
Build it with a £30 celeron and then put the Conroe in when it comes available, it is what I am being forced to do as my current main machine is becoming unreliable so need a new work machine asap.

That may have to be a possibility. :(

Currently considering a E6300 from OcUK and OCing that, then going quad core.

LuckyNV
07-25-2006, 07:37 AM

I ordered one this morning (E6600), it says "1pcs expected to ship 31/07/06", and the status was "out of stock" rather than the expected 21/08/06 that I see now... Hmmm if it doesn't ship then I'm cancelling I guess

RAGING DRAGON
07-25-2006, 08:02 AM
Why waste an extra £40-45 on another CPU?
Either be patient or purchase an E6300 OEM and stick with it. I see that as the most viable option.

Dominus
07-25-2006, 08:10 AM
Why waste an extra £40-45 on another CPU?
Either be patient or purchase an E6300 OEM and stick with it. I see that as the most viable option.

i28 (http://www.multiplay.co.uk/i28/) wont wait for me to get a Conroe, unfortunately! :P