PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean a mcp655?

clos6996
06-21-2006, 01:57 AM
Hi,

I was wondering how you would clean one of these pumps. I know they come apart b/c I saw the diagram when I ordered it. After seeing Maxxracer's sticky, I was wondering why he didnt recommend cleaning the pump too. Basically, when I take it apart, what are the pieces that I should and shouldnt clean.

Thanks.

ghent915
06-23-2006, 08:06 PM
When you take it apart, you should have the impeller housing, and the pump/impeller. Don't take it apart further than that.

Also, the pump SHOULD be clean from the factory, as all the stuff interfacing with water is plastic alone.

Cleaning the other bits is recommended b/c they are various metals, and need certain drilling/machining compounds to be worked with effectively.

If you want to be REALLY paranoid, you could run a few cup fulls of vinegar through it (assembled) and then flush with distilled. However, this would be a waste of time/vinegar (IMHO).

-Ghent

Kain XS
06-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Why do you want to clean it?

Is it algae infected?

If not, if its new... let it like that and clean specially your radiator.

ghent915
06-24-2006, 04:02 AM
Also...be sure not to lose the O-ring that is on the interior of the pump housing. You lose that, you are FUBAR'ed!

Make sure it's seated well too before screwing back together. My buddy shredded his O-Ring somehow, and was left with a basically useless pump til he could find a new one (and forgot how/where he got the new O-Ring).
-Ghent