PDA

View Full Version : Conroe pre-orders on FROOGLE!? Buy.com has it even!?

GoldenTiger
06-19-2006, 02:33 PM
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=202730357&SearchEngine=Froogle&SearchTerm=202730357&Type=PE&Category=Comp&dcaid=17379

Hmmmmmmm... a bit inflated on price being a pre-order and all (by about $30 USD), but WOW!! I wonder if these are coming sooner than we thought!

sierra_bound
06-19-2006, 02:39 PM
The first retailer to list is not always the first to have. ;)

GoldenTiger
06-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Yep, the thing is, on FROOGLE (google's pricing engine) a BUNCH of sites (about 15) have it listed... that's why I wonder if it's coming sooner than we anticipated :D!

Ajarn
06-19-2006, 03:04 PM
http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?ACTION=Enter&thispage=011003000509_BK12400P.shtml&ORDER_ID=!ORDERID!

Shows July 5th for incoming too. *gets money sorted out* :D

Mikesnav
06-19-2006, 03:38 PM
July 5th would be fantastic!

I know it's more than likely untrue, my bday is the 7th and it would be a great excuse to spend money on myself :D

Plaicd
06-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Seems like the cpu's are further along at coming to retail than the motherboards.

Maybe intel is trying to corner the market with the badaxe 304 :p:

qdemn7
06-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Read the fine print:

The ETA's are estimates as to when we expect to receive shipments from the manufacturer. ETA's are not guaranteed shipping dates and are subject to change. The fastest way to obtain this item is to place an order online now to secure your position in line, and we won't charge you until your order ships!

couppi
06-19-2006, 04:15 PM
It shows August 4 for Texas?:confused:

qdemn7
06-19-2006, 04:19 PM
It shows August 4 for Texas?:confused:August 4 in the Texas warehouse. They, like most retailers have multiple warehouse / distribution centers scattered around the country.

The good news is they have well over 2,000 units per SKU showing available July 5, so Intel is making plenty of them. And a pre July 23 lauch would give AMD a kick in the balls.

Anemone
06-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Conroe in early July would be fantastic. NF5 in August would not...

AlbanianOC
06-19-2006, 05:12 PM
This is good news, it means we should be able to order and enjoy them before we go back to school.:slap: :toast:

Anemone
06-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Student A: What I did over the summer.

"First there was Conroe..."

"then it was time to go back to school"

slykens
06-19-2006, 05:35 PM
I like seeing those decent-sized numbers for a first shipment. Just one tiny retailer and they are getting just under 3000 for 5 different warehouses.I think this is a retailer using a near real-time availability engine for stock from Ingram Micro's warehouses. It is also showing E6300, E6400 and X6800 availability on 7/3.

Ingram is pretty large but 3000 units of E6600 coming on July 5 is not bad, the question is when the next shipment is and for how many? I hope it isn't a month later and only for the same number. :)

I put an order in to see if there's any chance of it appearing before July 23. I can't believe distributors would be willing sit on several million dollars of stock for two and a half weeks to meet a pre-selected launch date.

Anemone
06-19-2006, 05:37 PM
I see a certain double advertising message in maybe releasing Conroe on the 4th of Jul in the US.

majestik
06-19-2006, 07:24 PM
Just to show how worthy the information on that site is: CORE 2 DUO EXTREME X6300 DC LGA776 2.93G 4MB 65NM 1066MHZ BOX (http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?ACTION=thispage&thispage=011003000509_BJ48147P.shtml&ORDER_ID=670228537)
They got the model # and the socket wrong. And they expect 1000 of those, which looks like a random number that someone pulled out of their ass.

However, I'd love them long long time if their estimate is true.

qdemn7
06-19-2006, 07:33 PM
And they expect 1000 of those, which looks like a random number that someone pulled out of their ass..Not out of their ass. Not at all. If you notice all quantities all in either FIVE or ZERO. That tells me (since I work in a Distribution Center --- not any of these) that they come in a Master Case of 5 EACH. Thus they are ordering even case lots of each sku, to get a better price. Plus it's easier for Inventory Control to keep track of cases rather than individual pieces. So 1000 pieces equals 200 cases.

majestik
06-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Not out of their ass. Not at all. If you notice all quantities all in either FIVE or ZERO. That tells me (since I work in a Distribution Center --- not any of these) that they come in a Master Case of 5 EACH. Thus they are ordering even case lots of each sku, to get a better price. Plus it's easier for Inventory Control to keep track of cases rather than individual pieces. So 1000 pieces equals 200 cases.
Good catch, I stand corrected.
The "5 per case" is also true for all other Conroes they have.

GoldenTiger
06-19-2006, 08:06 PM
I just placed my order for an E6600 Conroe with 2nd-day Air shipping at buy.com :D :D!! I can't wait :banana: :woot: :clap: !

Plaicd
06-19-2006, 08:11 PM
How do you tell a retail intel cpu from a oem version, the bx in the code?
Will conroe be only retail box or both?

graham_h
06-19-2006, 08:20 PM
buy.com sold out :(

techstyled
06-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Wow, the 6800 commands a $400-500 premium over the 6700? I'm probably going to watercool and I'm going to overclock within reason. Do you think I'll actually see a $500 difference between the 6800 and 6700?

EDIT: Just ordered the mislabeled 6800 Extreme from Shopblt. Let's hope this company is reputable. If not, I'll have my money back. I've not lost a merchant account related battle yet and I've been through several.

GoldenTiger
06-19-2006, 08:31 PM
buy.com sold out :(

Nope, it's listed like that because it's a pre-order (and has been since it came up today) :).

alpha0ne
06-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Wow, the 6800 commands a $400-500 premium over the 6700? I'm probably going to watercool and I'm going to overclock within reason. Do you think I'll actually see a $500 difference between the 6800 and 6700?

Why not just get the E6600 and OC to say ~ 3.4GHz, they should do that on air as the one I just bought does :D

GoldenTiger
06-19-2006, 08:32 PM

I sincerely doubt it... go spend the cash on half a vacation or something, or on an ubar-leet videocard to round out your system. You might get an extra 100-200mhz or so with watercooling and overclocking within reason, but that's not worth $400-500 to most people, including me.

GoldenTiger
06-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Why not just get the E6600 and OC to say ~ 3.4GHz, they should do that on air as the one I just bought does :D

If mine does I am going to be in utopia :D! :woot:

hookid
06-19-2006, 09:05 PM
I just ordered my E6600 from shoblt.com and will reports how it is

im going to call tommorow and ask about the date

GoldenTiger
06-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Nice... I was thinking of them but the $15 savings isn't worth the risk of a non-well-known company to me. They have few (though good) resellerratings.

eBoy0
06-19-2006, 09:50 PM
"and we won't charge you until your order ships!"
Where have i heard that one before... o yah, thanks monarch!

hookid
06-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Where have i heard that one before... o yah, thanks monarch!

shopblt didnt charge my card, but ill report back tommorow

SturmoV
06-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Nice... I was thinking of them but the $15 savings isn't worth the risk of a non-well-known company to me. They have few (though good) resellerratings.

Did you use this?

http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=88301879

it works... :cool:

SturmoV
06-19-2006, 10:13 PM
I just placed my order for an E6600 Conroe with 2nd-day Air shipping at buy.com :D :D!! I can't wait :banana: :woot: :clap: !

Btw, how much did they charge for 2nd day air?

Trying to decide between buy.com and blt... At least blt gives an ETA...

Blacklash
06-19-2006, 10:13 PM
The first retailer to list is not always the first to have. ;)

Ditto ^^.

I wouldn't tie up my cash at these places, unless you have plenty and it's a non issue.

My advice it wait and deal with a reputable e-tailer you know and have dealt with in the past.

GoldenTiger
06-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Did you use this?

http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=88301879

it works... :cool:

I'm a long-time customer of theirs, that says it works on first-time-order only :(. I would have tried it anyway though had I known, but I don't think it neccessarily would have gone through in any case.

GoldenTiger
06-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Btw, how much did they charge for 2nd day air?

Trying to decide between buy.com and blt... At least blt gives an ETA...

$11 for 2nd-day Air... I'm sure buy.com has the same ETA anyway. BLT has very very few resellerratings reviews (29), while buy.com is a huge, well-known site. For $15 difference I didn't want to chance on another small vendor.

GoldenTiger
06-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Ditto ^^.

I wouldn't tie up my cash at these places, unless you have plenty and it's a non issue.

They should all get 'em at about the same time... I don't want to be caught in the lurch when they sell out at newegg in 5 minutes on launch day ;).

SturmoV
06-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Ditto ^^.

Well, so long as they don't charge you credit card, I don't see anything bad about reserving your Core 2 Duo prior to its release. You don't want to wake up on July 7th (God please!) to SOLD OUT, BACKORDERED.

Blacklash
06-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Well, so long as they don't charge you credit card, I don't see anything bad about reserving your Core 2 Duo prior to its release. You don't want to wake up on July 7th (God please!) to SOLD OUT, BACKORDERED.

As always I hope it's a best case scenario for all you fellows ordering early. I have heard time and again the release date was July 23rd. It may have changed and I could be wrong.

I remember when folks were after X800 XT-PEs at Rage. It was an ugly situation and I am quite sure some sales folks registered just to pimp their sites|stores.

Again, the best of luck.

For the heck of it, there's what a froogle of E6700 yields:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=E6700&hl=en&btnG=Search+Froogle

GoldenTiger
06-19-2006, 10:47 PM
As always I hope it's a best case scenario for all you fellows ordering early. I have heard time and again the release date was July 23rd. It may have changed and I could be wrong.

I remember when folks were after X800 XT-PEs at Rage. It was an ugly situation and I am quite sure some sales folks registered just to pimp their sites|stores.

Again, the best of luck.

For the heck of it, there's what a froogle of E6700 yields:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=E6700&hl=en&btnG=Search+Froogle

That is EXACTLY why I am sticking with a well-known, large merchant ;). I'm HOPING the release date indeed changed, since so many stores show it as July 5th and have it listed for pre-order now.

Blacklash
06-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Well don't let me scare you guys, just be careful.

qdemn7
06-19-2006, 11:11 PM
As always I hope it's a best case scenario for all you fellows ordering early. I have heard time and again the release date was July 23rd. It may have changed and I could be wrong. It might have changed to July 27 (last Thursday in July). I got this off another poster pxc at [H]ardForums. (http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=presskit7xn.png) Link to thread. (http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1059317&page=2) Post #44.

SturmoV
06-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Uh-oh! BLT's real time availability system is no longer showing future Conroe quantities but, instead, changed to this:

This special order item ships directly from the factory, or is ordered from the factory as needed. Shipping usually occurs within three to fifteen business days.

:confused: :rolleyes:

Blacklash
06-19-2006, 11:45 PM
It might have changed to July 27 (last Thursday in July). I got this off another poster pxc at [H]ardForums. (http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=presskit7xn.png) Link to thread. (http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1059317&page=2) Post #44.

That screen capture in that thread looks fairly official.

i||uSi0n^
06-19-2006, 11:59 PM
and there i was all excited about early release date...oh well it was great till it lasted...anyhow its only few more weeks of wait eh :)

Anemone
06-20-2006, 02:56 AM
Just like the hot gpu's on arrival it will be interesting to see when the fever settles down just how many folks upgrade to this chip. Of course it may take a couple months for that fever to settle lol :)

Freez
06-20-2006, 04:18 AM
Everytime I click to place the order it takes me back to the shopping cart, tried both on IE and Firefox, wtf?

TheMeatFrog
06-20-2006, 10:38 AM
I can't use the $15 dollar coupon at buy. Guess it's because I'm not a first time customer... :(

"take $15 OFF the purchase of $200 valid in our Computers, Software, Home Networking, Digital Cameras and Electronic Stores! (Affiliate)
* You are not eligible for this coupon, or you have already used it. The coupon will be removed from your basket."

hookid
06-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Uh-oh! BLT's real time availability system is no longer showing future Conroe quantities but, instead, changed to this:

:confused: :rolleyes:

it works for me i don't know what your talking about

Aganerral
06-20-2006, 01:16 PM
It could be that July 5th is when stores will start receiving inventory to stock the channel, but they may not be allowed to sell it until the 23rd/27th.

davefr
06-20-2006, 02:35 PM
The BLT site's inventory system is obvious linked to the major US distributers real time inventory systems such as D&H, Ingram Micro, Tech Data, etc. There's no way a small reseller like BLT would have this kind of inventory on order.

I suspect the ETA's listed are pretty accurate since Intel will obviously start stocking the channel prior to the official release data. I'm pretty sure the official release data is when Intel wants the PC OEM's to start showcasing their new Core 2 Duo systems so they all go out the starting gates at the same time.

I know Buy.com is simply a store front to Ingram Micro so I suspect a Conroe order would get drop shipped once Ingram recieves inventory which looks like it's around July 5. (I doubt Intel cares when distributers start shipping boxed CPU orders)

GoldenTiger
06-20-2006, 02:48 PM
The BLT site's inventory system is obvious linked to the major US distributers real time inventory systems such as D&H, Ingram Micro, Tech Data, etc. There's no way a small reseller like BLT would have this kind of inventory on order.

I suspect the ETA's listed are pretty accurate since Intel will obviously start stocking the channel prior to the official release data. I'm pretty sure the official release data is when Intel wants the PC OEM's to start showcasing their new Core 2 Duo systems.

I know Buy.com is simply a store front to Ingram Micro so I suspect a Conroe order would get drop shipped once Ingram recieves inventory which looks like it's around July 5.

Sounds pretty logical to me :D !

BWR
06-20-2006, 03:47 PM
July 5th sounds nice...

Anemone
06-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Doesn't it though? :)

ScottFern
06-20-2006, 04:44 PM
July 5th sounds nice...

Sounds almost to good to be true. Has there been any evidence to suggest the July 5th release is the correct one over the 23rd?

hookid
06-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Sounds almost to good to be true. Has there been any evidence to suggest the July 5th release is the correct one over the 23rd?

only the ETA's from the stores, thats it

GoldenTiger
06-20-2006, 05:32 PM
only the ETA's from the stores, thats it

IM too if that's what ShopBLT uses for their data (which it looks to be).

davefr
06-20-2006, 07:11 PM
OK I just placed my order with Buy.com. Buy.com is simply a consumer e-tail front end for Ingram Micro. Ingram Micro in Southern CA shows 1620 units of E6600 with an ETA of 7/5.

My theory is that Ingram will ship orders FIFO including the Buy.com orders.

We'll just have to see how this plays out.

P.S. Release date can mean many different things. Date that Intel starts to ship units (very unlikely), date that Intel allows the channel to ship (somewhat likely), or date that Intel will allow PC OEM's to showcase systems (very likely IMHO since they allocate the marketing dollars). I personally think Intel only cares about orchestrating what the PC OEM's do. I don't think they give a hoot about controlling a small volume of boxed CPU sales pre-launch.

dogsx2
06-20-2006, 07:31 PM
OK I just placed my order with Buy.com. Buy.com is simply a consumer e-tail front end for Ingram Micro. Ingram Micro in Southern CA shows 1620 units of E6600 with an ETA of 7/5.

My theory is that Ingram will ship orders FIFO including the Buy.com orders.

We'll just have to see how this plays out.

P.S. Release date can mean many different things. Date that Intel starts to ship units (very unlikely), date that Intel allows the channel to ship (somewhat likely), or date that Intel will allow PC OEM's to showcase systems (very likely IMHO since they allocate the marketing dollars). I personally think Intel only cares about orchestrating what the PC OEM's do. I don't think they give a hoot about controlling a small volume of boxed CPU sales pre-launch.

How did you place it with Buy.com? It shows sold out.

davefr
06-20-2006, 07:35 PM
How did you place it with Buy.com? It shows sold out.

Search 202730357
Add it to your cart
Ignore the sold out and click buy it now

Buy.com orders are easy to cancel if another reseller looks better.

vintage_guitar
06-20-2006, 09:23 PM
YesMicro.com has a misprint of saying the e6300 has 4M cache.
http://www.yesmicro.com/Item.aspx?sku=38813DTD&sgd=330d328d319d317d308

burningrave101
06-23-2006, 06:55 PM

I suspect the ETA's listed are pretty accurate since Intel will obviously start stocking the channel prior to the official release data. I'm pretty sure the official release data is when Intel wants the PC OEM's to start showcasing their new Core 2 Duo systems so they all go out the starting gates at the same time.

I know Buy.com is simply a store front to Ingram Micro so I suspect a Conroe order would get drop shipped once Ingram recieves inventory which looks like it's around July 5. (I doubt Intel cares when distributers start shipping boxed CPU orders)

I spoke was a rep from BLT earlier today that seemed to know a lot of info about these Conroe processors and from what i gathered from him BLT is a major distributor that will be moving several thousand Conroe processors upon release. They primarily sell to other stores and companies i would say. He talked about places like CompUSA will be ordering their stock through them and that a number of places have already called and said they wish to purchase any Conroe processors that are left at release. On their site it says they've been around since 1991. When i called to place an order over the phone the guy asked me if this was a personal order or for a business. I just hope it was worth it to pre-order and that Conroe wont be priced at around $316 at release. I dont see how it could be though considering the high demand and the fact Intel is only going to be produceing at 20% while the rest will still be older Pentium 4 processors for at least the rest of this year till Conroe gets ramped up higher. Intel is going to have to have a lot of processors to feed the major OEM's like Dell, HP, and Gateway and the other major system builders worldwide. You can bet that most of the Conroe processors will be going to them while most vendors will only get a handful of which i'm sure will have a higher price attached to them to meet the demand.

qdemn7
06-23-2006, 07:06 PM
I was really considering ordering one. But due to the fact there are only a few mobos out there right now that will support them, I decided no at this time. I'm going to wait, let others be the first adopters this time, and see what develops. Now, having sad that, if that ATI RD600 based board was for sale right now, I would jump on both.

davefr
06-24-2006, 05:38 AM
I spoke was a rep from BLT earlier today that seemed to know a lot of info about these Conroe processors and from what i gathered from him BLT is a major distributor that will be moving several thousand Conroe processors upon release. They primarily sell to other stores and companies i would say. He talked about places like CompUSA will be ordering their stock through them and that a number of places have already called and said they wish to purchase any Conroe processors that are left at release. On their site it says they've been around since 1991. When i called to place an order over the phone the guy asked me if this was a personal order or for a business. I just hope it was worth it to pre-order and that Conroe wont be priced at around $316 at release. I dont see how it could be though considering the high demand and the fact Intel is only going to be produceing at 20% while the rest will still be older Pentium 4 processors for at least the rest of this year till Conroe gets ramped up higher. Intel is going to have to have a lot of processors to feed the major OEM's like Dell, HP, and Gateway and the other major system builders worldwide. You can bet that most of the Conroe processors will be going to them while most vendors will only get a handful of which i'm sure will have a higher price attached to them to meet the demand.

BLT is not an Intel distributer.

http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/asmo-na/eng/32576.htm

stone_cold_Jimi
06-24-2006, 06:45 AM
I was really considering ordering one. But due to the fact there are only a few mobos out there right now that will support them, I decided no at this time. I'm going to wait, let others be the first adopters this time, and see what develops. Now, having sad that, if that ATI RD600 based board was for sale right now, I would jump on both.

I've pre-ordered and, even if it arrives early July, it's going in the drawer with my DDR2 memory until SLi mobos start shipping. If it turns out that Conroes are rare as rocking-horse poop on release, I'll post photos and tell everyone it's in storage, thereby getting lots of PMs telling me what an utter b****** I am. :D

BWR
06-24-2006, 06:47 AM
I've pre-ordered and, even if it arrives early July, it's going in the drawer with my DDR2 memory until SLi mobos start shipping. If it turns out that Conroes are rare as rocking-horse poop on release, I'll post photos and tell everyone it's in storage, thereby getting lots of PMs telling me what an utter b****** I am. :D
Dont doubt the fabricating monster that is Intel. Especially when Intel knows its going to kick AMD's ass.

qdemn7
06-24-2006, 06:50 AM
I've pre-ordered and, even if it arrives early July, it's going in the drawer with my DDR2 memory until SLi mobos start shipping. If it turns out that Conroes are rare as rocking-horse poop on release, I'll post photos and tell everyone it's in storage, thereby getting lots of PMs telling me what an utter b****** I am. :DI think you're just a big C*** tease. :bounces:

burningrave101
06-24-2006, 03:05 PM
BLT is not an Intel distributer.

http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/asmo-na/eng/32576.htm

I didn't say they were an authorized Intel distributor. Just that i gathered they may be a distributor for a lot of products. I'm sure they order their Intel stock through one of the authorized channels.

Bottom Line Telecommunications sells over 90,000 computer related items from every major manufacturer in the world. We have been in the desktop computer industry since 1991, far longer than many of our competitors. We originally started in the industry as a consulting firm, and have evolved into a world class product supplier.

cronic
06-24-2006, 04:33 PM
well, fingers crossed. 6700 preordered from blt......

RAGING DRAGON
06-24-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm in the UK and I just checked www.overclockers.co.uk and they have the E6600 for £251 inc VAT(tax).
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Intel_Pentium_Core_Duo2.html
It's on pre-order and saying that arrival is either July/August.

Are there any other sites (in the UK) selling it on pre-order?
And also is this price right for the E6600 going by the prices Intel released?

ShiningArcanine
06-24-2006, 05:42 PM
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=202730357&SearchEngine=Froogle&SearchTerm=202730357&Type=PE&Category=Comp&dcaid=17379

Hmmmmmmm... a bit inflated on price being a pre-order and all (by about $30 USD), but WOW!! I wonder if these are coming sooner than we thought!

I do not think that it is being inflated. The figures we have for processors in quantities of 1000 is what the retailer pays. What we pay the retailer is another story.

I pre-ordered mine from sparco.com.

alucasa
06-24-2006, 05:56 PM
I placed my pre-order from BLT as well just for the heck of it.
If they DO indeed ship Conroe at July 5th, good :woot: . If not, well, wait. :p:

Raja@ASUS
06-24-2006, 09:52 PM
The E6600 seems to be the overclockers price/performance CPU of choice. I doubt wheter anything above the E6600 will scale overclocks parallel to price, those are for the guys who want to have the fastest regardless of cost.

matt89
06-24-2006, 10:29 PM
the E6300 and E6400 seem to be a good budget choice as the cache does not seem to make a massive difference to performance

cronic
06-25-2006, 06:39 AM
The E6600 seems to be the overclockers price/performance CPU of choice. I doubt wheter anything above the E6600 will scale overclocks parallel to price, those are for the guys who want to have the fastest regardless of cost.

I would agree that the 6600 is a better value in comparison to a 6700, but I want the 6700 for its 10 x multiplier because of its added flexablity.

SilveradoJ442
06-26-2006, 01:22 PM
I just pre-ordered my conroe from shopblt.com. It still says July 5th. We'll see if that holds up. They have not charged my credit card as of yet. With all the demand and the possibility of short supply I dont want to take any chances this time. Here is the confirmation email I got from them.

ETA: 7/5/06

Currently, this item is scheduled to ship to us from the factory on the
date(s) shown. Should the manufacturer miss the estimates, we will notify
you and provide you with updated estimated arrival date(s).

In the meantime, we have secured your place in line for this popular item,
and as soon as stock is available, it will ship immediately. Additionally,
you will not be charged for this item until shipped.

If you should have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
contact us via the methods listed below. Thank you for your time, and
business.

Best Regards,
Joan Durel