PDA

View Full Version : ZeroWater Filtration System... the new Distilled?

ReD.SkY
06-18-2006, 08:44 PM
http://zerowater.com/

Filtration system that filters water... and the output contains 0 ppm (parts per million) of particles

They claim is is only pure water. The filter also removes hardness and pH (acidity/alkalinity)

I have the Large filtration system as seen on the website.

I have a large suppy of well water, distilled, and this ZeroWater.

Testing for:
-particles in water
-pH level
-Hardness

Will test:
Distilled
Tap
Well Water
ZeroWater
Loop Water (zerex, hydrx, distilled, dye-lite)

I will keep this thread updated.
The results should be interesting.

Kain XS
06-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Well.
Actually, that could be interesting.

I own some pH and gH meters (use it for my fishes).
Lets see how it could hurt the Watercooling perfomance.

ReD.SkY
06-18-2006, 09:48 PM
whoa there... i cant test the temp difference between these lol

im just comparing to see what is most pure water to use in WCing

Kain XS
06-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Well, then lets start measuring all factors before using the Zero Water.
Anyway, in my house, well water comes with a pH of 8 and a 400 ppm.

einCe
06-18-2006, 10:46 PM
whats up with you an all these wierd projects red.sky lol youre a pioneer

alexio
06-18-2006, 11:17 PM
With so much of your health at stake, isn’t it important that your water is free of contaminants and chemicals? You don’t want anything but WATER in your water. That’s why you need ZeroWater.

That's not at all what you want. Water without ions in it is actually quite dangerous if you drink it in large amounts. Because of the osmoses (is this an English word?) process the membranes of cells will burst if you drink too much on an empty stomach.

It might be nice for watercooling; I just can't believe they advertise it's healthy to drink this stuff if it really has 0 ions in it :confused:

ReD.SkY
06-19-2006, 12:11 AM
this is just a unelectornic filtration system... charcoal and super fine screens

not an ionizer or deionizer
------------------------------------------------------------
Test (brief):

>my tap(well) before filter is 150ppm pH unknown
>after it is 0ppm not one microparticle of anything in it, thats impressive. tastes clean too :D

my distilled registers at 0ppm too

i know my tester is accurate when i drop 1 grain of salt in cup, and i have 2ppm.

dietwaterrr
06-19-2006, 05:36 AM
Eh, you spent 100 dollars on the starter kit?

Vice
06-19-2006, 05:51 AM
Interesting.

phelan1777
06-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Okay but what about the fact that we need minerals and other particles that make up normal drinking water, because it's one way, that our bodies get the minerals we need. Yes no? I know I did not use quite the right terms but you all know what I mean.

On the other hand with have water with 0 contaminates being anything that would clog/hinder performance, and potential draw backs to the conductivity of the water?

ReD.SkY
06-19-2006, 09:52 AM
i drink distilled water atm... so this stuff makes no difference. i get my minerals from vitamins

i am also planning to test the conductivity... my idea is to take a multimeter. and put the Red tip in water, take the positive end of a battery and put in water too, then touch the black and the negative of the battery and read the voltage.

will this work? im not brave enough to test 110V lol

phelan1777
06-19-2006, 09:55 AM
i drink distilled water atm... so this stuff makes no difference. i get my minerals from vitamins

i am also planning to test the conductivity... my idea is to take a multimeter. and put the Red tip in water, take the positive end of a battery and put in water too, then touch the black and the negative of the battery and read the voltage.

ummmmmmmmmm I have never heard of anyone drinking distilled water.

And that you are not supposed to drink distilled water. Purified water, filtered water, spring water, hell even creek water, but not distilled water.

red Sky if you end up in the hospital, I am not coming to see you

ReD.SkY
06-19-2006, 10:00 AM
thanks bro, thats so nice of you. :stick:

drinking distilled water is very common here in CA as the well water here is crazy acidic and hard.

Alhambra Distilled... Dasani (bottled water) even has some distilled water bottles.
Some of these minerals are NOT GOOD all that i know, is that i dont want to be drinking :banana::banana::banana::banana:.

someone else here drink distilled?

ReD.SkY
06-19-2006, 10:10 AM
well

Update
The ZeroWater System has flooded my kitchen with about 3 gallons of water.. now awaiting the POS customer service

Fairydust
06-19-2006, 10:20 AM

Read this article (http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-04/rhf/feature/index.php) about TDS/conductivity meters to find out why using multimeters is a bad idea.

Deathknight
06-19-2006, 11:26 AM
someone else here drink distilled?

I drink the distilled water from my loop when I change the water. Is that bad? :)

phelan1777
06-19-2006, 11:33 AM
thanks bro, thats so nice of you. :stick:

drinking distilled water is very common here in CA as the well water here is crazy acidic and hard.

It will toughen your yound body up, make you a real man! real hard internal tubing muhahaha.

so when you die, we can use you as a display in a museum :-P

Anyone see the Body exhibit that has been going around, I saw it here in Philly, it was freaky neat.

nealh
06-19-2006, 03:07 PM
well

Update
The ZeroWater System has flooded my kitchen with about 3 gallons of water.. now awaiting the POS customer service

I am sorry about the flood but they way you said this made me laugh..thanks

Kain XS
06-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Thats weird... really.

Sneaky
06-19-2006, 06:24 PM
no filter will make water as pure as distilled water

end of story

you're wasting your time and money to do this comparison... distilled water is less than a dollar for a gallon jug of it, so why bother trying to find other methods to get water pure enough to run in a WC loop?

Shpoon
06-19-2006, 06:31 PM
It will toughen your yound body up, make you a real man! real hard internal tubing muhahaha.

so when you die, we can use you as a display in a museum :-P

Anyone see the Body exhibit that has been going around, I saw it here in Philly, it was freaky neat.

Body Worlds (works?) ya, I saw it in Toronto...crazy bannas

Edit: Hmm, so that's how the swear bypass works.....

Slayer2k3
06-19-2006, 06:41 PM
TO RED

http://www.mercola.com/article/water/distilled_water.htm

Read the full article. ;)

Shpoon
06-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Don't belive everything you read. I choose not to drink distilled water because it tastes like nothing, not because people tell me things like that....like I eat a :banana::banana::banana::banana:load of cajun stuff, :banana::banana::banana::banana: those who tell me anything charred causes cancer...

Anemone
06-19-2006, 07:34 PM
Actually Sneaky I work for a company that can make filtered water as as pure as distilled. In fact it is used for lab research and similar biological testing.

Howerver it's not something you'd pay to use in your water loop :)

http://www.millipore.com/catalogue.nsf/docs/C7663

ghent915
06-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Ahhyess....the good ole Millipore filters. Great stuff those. We use them in my lab for a good bit of the water we use. What doesn't come from the millipore system comes from a Milli-Q system.

Milli-q=double distilled, then ion-filtered. Yay for no contaminates!

If you REALLY wanted to go buck-ass-wild with pure water, your best be would be to track down some HPLC grade water. This stuff has been HPLC verified, and has not a THING in it, even down to the viral particulate size level. Of course...it's not cheap either.
4 litres of the stuff is around $60, if not more.

-Ghent

Sneaky
06-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Actually Sneaky I work for a company that can make filtered water as as pure as distilled. In fact it is used for lab research and similar biological testing.

Howerver it's not something you'd pay to use in your water loop :)

http://www.millipore.com/catalogue.nsf/docs/C7663

well a home device... not an industrial deionizing/filtering machine/thingy

Bloody_Sorcerer
06-19-2006, 09:11 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distilled_water
drinking distilled isn't particularly unhealthy; not much of a difference.

ReD.SkY
06-19-2006, 11:29 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distilled_water
drinking distilled isn't particularly unhealthy; not much of a difference.

now tell that to phelan :p: :slap: