PDA

View Full Version : Might be something might be nothing BUT

super_si
02-27-2003, 03:44 AM
being having a recent spell of random ยงยงยงยง downs, at 1st thought it was windows, then it began in bios.

After inspection of the system, ive found ice gathering around the condensor, just where the thermal bus starts. its impossilble its coming down all the thermal bus so its just localised there.

is it major?!?!

There a white power, like water being evapoured off the case surface.

Am i worried about nothing? 1st time ive being in the condensor part as ive had no need.

Si

TheDude
02-27-2003, 11:35 AM
Are we talking about the Prometia or Vapochill? You should not be seeing any condensation. I'm not sure of exactly where you see it? Is it on the capillary tube where it meets the condenser? Is the capillary tube compressed against another component? I had a similar problem with my old Vapchill which was solved by wrapping more insulation around the hose. I have not had any condensation problems with my Prommie.
Are you saying that you also see what looks like water on your case? If you are getting condensation, I would be concerned with it and try to correct it asap, it could cause you to lose some expensive components.
Could you post if this is a Prometia or Vapochill and for my sake, exactly where the condensation is or seems to come from. Have you contacted Chip-com (if prommie)? Thanks:D

super_si
02-27-2003, 01:23 PM
Sorry im running the prommy.

its was the 1st time ive being in there, i ยงยงยงยง you not there is at least 1cm thickness Ice around the capillary tube where it meets the condenser. The insultation does seem a little think there.

Within seconds its being evapourated too.

Si

TheDude
02-27-2003, 03:24 PM
You can try what I did on the vapo and wrap some insulation around the ice area. I got it at heating and cooling store..I think it was called armaflex or something similar. Since the unit is below your cards (not above as in vapo) you probably won't kill any cards with the condensation dripping. See if that helps..if not post back...others in here will have ideas I'm sure. Also email Chip-con support and see what they have to suggest. Good luck with it. What kind of temps are you getting and does it shut down because of temps? It sounds like a little insulation might fix it.

super_si
02-28-2003, 12:18 AM
its wierd, it can run anywhere between 3secs to a few hours, when it does shut down i cant power in immediatly. Something holding back the power button.

Touch wood its being running for 13hours now no issues just a massive clump of ice :D.
Temp wise the fronts reading -41
Si