PDA

View Full Version : messing with PEG setting to increase video performance

Lestat
06-17-2006, 12:30 PM
so i have yet ot see anyone post anything bout all the peg crap in the Asus P5WD2-E Prem mobo.

has anyone got down and dirty and really messed with it to find out if anything other than auto yields better performance from your video card ?

Mine is a 7800 GTX so i could see it being possible as this is a crossfire motherboard (although SLI works) that ati cards will benefit where nvidia may not.

anyone got any definitive settings that worked for them ?

Eastcoasthandle
06-17-2006, 05:08 PM
so i have yet ot see anyone post anything bout all the peg crap in the Asus P5WD2-E Prem mobo.

has anyone got down and dirty and really messed with it to find out if anything other than auto yields better performance from your video card ?

Mine is a 7800 GTX so i could see it being possible as this is a crossfire motherboard (although SLI works) that ati cards will benefit where nvidia may not.

anyone got any definitive settings that worked for them ?

I have and it hinders any overclock of the video card. You can find out for yourself but peg settings work best when the card is not overclock. And, they don't equal to overclocking the card itself.

Lestat
06-17-2006, 09:50 PM
i never said anything about overclocking the card i said help video card performance. whether overclocked or not.
and the pci-z freq has a direct effect on stability and overclocking so logic would dictate that the peg options, which are pci-express would inturn have a direct effect on speed and possibly overclocking especially things such as the peg voltage, peg latency, and the others.

but i know everyone says to leave them at auto.. i jsut wish something would show wha those auto settings are currently.