PDA

View Full Version : The Motherboards Spreadsheet Project

LUCI5R
06-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Ave,

From an idea suggested by Nosfer@tu, i've started work on an Excel Spreadsheet to detail every Core 2 Duo Motherboard due to release, that we're all waiting for. I've taken the initial data from Skyline GT-R's 'The Conroe Boards Thread'.

I'd like the Spreadsheet to be as comprehensive as possible. I've put in a lot of columns for each specification/feature a motherboard has to offer, but i'm sure there are more i've missed. I'd like this to be a co-operative project and i'd like other members to contribute as well.

I'm not sure what's the best way to do this and am open to suggestions. For now i have the file uploaded at my server from where anyone can download & add data to the Spreadsheet. Most importantly i want to see if other members are contributing to it and really want it to grow... i don't think i'll be able to maintain & advance this spreadsheet all by my own. I can provide an Upload login which can be used to upload the updated sheet. XLS is not a supported attachment format here at the discussion forum, so can't do it that way.

I think the spreadsheet will provide a good Comparison & Feature Chart to all of us who will be going for a Core 2 Duo ready motherboard soon. For Excel Users, it will provide a very decent way of Sorting Data to help in decision-making & comparison. Advanced Excel users can even run formula's to compute better Comparison.

Let me know what you folks think... if you want to contribute... and how you'd like to see this project grow. For now i only have the Brands, Models & Chipset for Motherboards in the spreadsheet. But i do have about 75 of the expected Models due to be released listed.

Thanks!
Mickey

The Core 2 Duo Motherboards Spreadsheet (http://www.rahulsjohari.com/xs/XS.xls)

Snapshot of Work In Progress ;) :

Shpoon
06-15-2006, 12:27 PM
A nice start, hope to see that filled in :)

It works well if you screenshot (alt + printscreen) the entire thing and jpeg it, easier for everyone to see. (once you get info).

Jack
06-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Looks promising :toast:
And could you make different coloms with pci-e slots and available pci-e lanes?

LUCI5R
06-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Great Idea! I'll definitely do that once we have some info filled in.

Thanks.

A nice start, hope to see that filled in :)

It works well if you screenshot (alt + printscreen) the entire thing and jpeg it, easier for everyone to see. (once you get info).

TuKo
06-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Very promising, keep it up !

illidan
06-15-2006, 01:02 PM
u can add DFI LANParty nForce 590 SLi Intel Edition :)

qdemn7
06-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Looks great! XSellent idea. :D

Scarlet Infidel
06-15-2006, 02:41 PM
This could be useful, i know exactly what features i want and a spreadsheet will allow me to just jun down and choose more easily. Good thinking.

NiCKE^
06-15-2006, 02:59 PM
DFI INFINITY [i975x] [4 DDR2 Slots] [533/667mhz] [8GB] [2] [1 (and 1 PCI-E 4x)] [NO] [2] [YES] [1] [1] [5?] [YES] [CF] [NO] [8CH] [1GBIT] [8] [1?]

hope you understand it =)

Qkjhfhaiguihfma
06-15-2006, 05:41 PM
i think you can remove the agp column.

also, what's the difference you mean between ide and pata?

debackerl
06-16-2006, 04:37 AM
Nice! Could you add the AOpen i965GM too? That's the board I plan to buy. You could also add the form factor, this AOpen is a microATX.

Skyline GT-R
06-16-2006, 05:43 AM
Well I was about to do the same, but then in PHP to build a site. So everyone could chose the features he wants his board to have. :) Gonna start to work on that when I have vacation :) But nice start u got there ;) Always willing to help you ;)

LUCI5R
06-16-2006, 07:28 AM
Ave,

DFI LanParty SLI Edition nForce 590 Added.
AOpen i965GM Added.
Form Factor Column Added.
AGP Removed.
IDE/PATA Consolidated (my bad!).

DFI INFINITY [i975x] [4 DDR2 Slots] [533/667mhz] [8GB] [2] [1 (and 1 PCI-E 4x)] [NO] [2] [YES] [1] [1] [5?] [YES] [CF] [NO] [8CH] [1GBIT] [8] [1?]

hope you understand it =)

Got a little confused after the PCI-E 4x information. The number of columns between PCI-E 1x & CF don't match.

I'm also listing all Columns here in Text Format for anyone who wishes to give in Info on any Board for me to add. Simple Copy+Paste will work.

Brand[ ] Model[ ] Chipset[ ] FSB[ ] DDR2 Slots[ ] DDR2 Std.[ ] Max RAM[ ] PCI-E x16[ ] PCI-E x1[ ] PCI[ ] PATA[ ] SATA 3.0[ ] SATA 1.5[ ] RAID[ ] CF/SLI[ ] Video[ ] Audio[ ] LAN[ ] USB[ ] Firewire[ ] LPT[ ] S/PDIF[ ] PS/2[ ] Form[ ] Price (US)

Thanks!!
Mickey

LUCI5R
06-16-2006, 07:32 AM
Well I was about to do the same, but then in PHP to build a site. So everyone could chose the features he wants his board to have. :) Gonna start to work on that when I have vacation :) But nice start u got there ;) Always willing to help you ;)

Ave,

Funny thing is, even i wanted to build a very Interactive webpage using PHP and mySQL Database, instead of the spreadsheet. Biggest benefit would have been, anybody could go to the page and Add Data easily... and Data could be universally visible, instead of requiring the MS-Excel Software.
Only problem... lack of time required for such a project. Excel was quicker/easier.

I'd still like to do a PHP page instead of the spreadsheet... or actually, the Spreadsheet data could be built up to be used for the PHP Page. Either way, if you'd like to work on the PHP page with me to get it up & going, let me know and i'll give it a head start.

Much Respect!
Mickey

NiCKE^
06-16-2006, 07:40 AM
No sata 1.5 I believe just sata2, that's where it mismatched.

Andrewv
06-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Good idea!

Rovtar
06-16-2006, 09:01 AM
looking great.. keep it going

TyroPyro
06-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Any updates? =/ This was a great idea

matt89
06-24-2006, 08:41 PM
also add a US average price if possible for each mobo

hookid
06-24-2006, 08:58 PM
add MAX FSB for each board :)

EDIT: nvm i think thats what FSB means?

sora3
06-24-2006, 09:52 PM
You should add in PCI-e 4x as some boards do have 4x PCI-e on them :)

m0da
06-24-2006, 10:02 PM
also add a US average price if possible for each mobo

definitely concur, though I think it'd be pretty tough to get a close estimate.

nv job though :D

taemun
06-24-2006, 11:58 PM
Could I suggest that this looks like the perfect time to use Google's Spreadsheets tool? If anyone is interested, feel fee to contact me by PM and we'll see if we can get some cool stuff happening :)

For the uninitiated: http://www.google.com/support/spreadsheets/bin/answer.py?answer=40594&topic=8837

Google Spreadsheets is a web-based spreadsheet product from Google that makes it easier for people to create and share spreadsheets on the web. It enables people to create simple web-based spreadsheets that others can simultaneously update from their own computers. It's a free, secure service that will save people the hassle of manually consolidating spreadsheets from others - a tedious and mind-numbing task.

jrw
06-25-2006, 12:46 AM
Max vcore and vdimm as well :)

taemun
06-25-2006, 02:03 AM
The Google Spreadsheets thing that I said something about a cpl posts up...
HTML output can look like this: http://taemun.googlepages.com/cb1.htm (it looked better before I saved and uploaded :S)
You can also output back to a xls file.

The editing screen looks something like: http://taemun.googlepages.com/cb.PNG

If anyone is interested in editing it with me, gimme a yell. (you can have "unlimited" numbers of concurrent editors :P)

tzitzos
06-25-2006, 08:29 AM
excelent idea ;) ;)

thxxx

iguanodon
06-26-2006, 01:23 AM
Can be very usefull

LUCI5R
06-26-2006, 04:28 AM
Ave,

Add me as an editor... instead of using the route i was using for Maintaining/Updating the Motherboard Spreadsheet... let's switch over to your method. A lot more efficient & simple in it's accessibility.

Let me know how i can start editing it. I'm assuming you've already used data from the Excel Spreadsheet i started. Respond back to me and i'll change the link in my first Post from the excel spreadsheet download to the Google Spreadsheet page you have for this project.

Thanks.

The Google Spreadsheets thing that I said something about a cpl posts up...
HTML output can look like this: http://taemun.googlepages.com/cb1.htm (it looked better before I saved and uploaded :S)
You can also output back to a xls file.

The editing screen looks something like: http://taemun.googlepages.com/cb.PNG

If anyone is interested in editing it with me, gimme a yell. (you can have "unlimited" numbers of concurrent editors :P)

taemun
06-26-2006, 05:05 AM
Add me as an editor...

:toast: PM'd. I need an email address to add someone :)

thehawk
07-14-2006, 05:07 AM
Any updates on this mickey79?

Wonkers
07-14-2006, 06:07 AM
Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between the P965 and the G & Q965's chipsets.

I did search the intel site and searched the forums a little bit. Just figured it was even faster to ask. Thanks.

Oh and nice speadsheet. An excellent idea!