PDA

View Full Version : AG8-v v 1.0 boot problem

Think
06-14-2006, 05:38 PM
I've been building systems for sometime but I am thoroughly stumped at this point:

SYSTEM SPECS

Abit AG8-V v1.0 with latest bios 2.7v
Antec 350W sp350 powersupply
Aopen 1608 DVD-RW
Maxter Diamond Max 9 hard drive - Channel select (CS JUMBPER)
Sony 1.44 floppy drive
Geil pc4000 DDR500 512mb x 2
ATI x300SE 128mb
Acer flat screen
Antec case
Cooler Master HSF plugged into CPUFAN1
Intel P4 3.4 HT
Windows xp sp2
Temps are 33-36C cpu, 28C for mb

Problem

System will boot-up and work fine. I can run Prime95 for hours as well as 3dmark 05 and sisoftsandra benchmark tests. When I shutdown the system and press the start button, the board and fans turn on but there's no startup beep and no POST sequence appearing at all. If I shut it off and on quickly, then it will turn on properly on occassion but not always. If I let it sit for awhile, it will occassionally turn on.

Restarting works fine.

When operational, the numeric board display shows O.A when looking at my bios settings and 2.0 when in the Windows environment.

When I shut it off it shows 9.9 and when I try to start it, the display on the board shows 9.0 - press reset, then it boots properly.

WHAT I TRIED

Tried only one stick of ram, then tried some other ram that I have.
Tried another IDE harddrive
Tried with nothing plugged in but the video card and floppy
Tried an old SPIRE 300watt unit that I have. After Lvcoyote suggestion, I also tried an Enermax Liberty 620 as well.
Tried another case switch
Tried removing it from the case and testing it.
Tried Optimum bios settings and Fail-safe settings
Tried an old reliable CRT monitor as well

Think
06-15-2006, 10:39 AM
I really hope that those views were me trying to edit this post...no replies at all...terrible.

Well, it's the board. I put in an intel 915pgn and it works perfectly - so RMA this board.