PDA

View Full Version : Black water

Vapor
06-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Okay...the theme of my new case is all black....and the tubing is sticking out a bit more than I'd like.

Anyway to make the water black and not have it be a cesspool? I could just sleeve the tubes, I know...but that's a last choice if possible (but, fwiw, I really haven't been able to think of anything to even make the water black safely, let alone still have it be good performing :()

dastt
06-13-2006, 10:40 PM
i would say add a whole lot of darkblue/red/darkgreen food coloring to you water, it would more than likely dye/stain everything though.

Vapor
06-13-2006, 10:46 PM
i would say add a whole lot of darkblue/red/darkgreen food coloring to you water, it would more than likely dye/stain everything though.Yeah, that's what I thought :-/

Sleeving is looking more and more attractive, lol.

jellybeard999
06-13-2006, 10:50 PM
you can get black tygon...

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=355118

not sure where stocks it though

Vapor
06-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Hmmmm, I can get that from McMaster....that's certainly an option (and has looks to kill).

Anything I can just add to water though? That'd add a good 4 more days to my build time, which I don't really have :(

dnottis
06-13-2006, 11:11 PM
I know you said you want black,

but think about this?

Black every thing, and a deep purple liquid.

Like blood in a creature.

Just an odd thought.

Good luck with the all black, and I saw an image somewhere with black tubing, cant remember off hand sorry :-(

hahah - what is with you and blood lately!!! :D

TSXmike
06-13-2006, 11:23 PM
hahah - what is with you and blood lately!!! :D

thats what im thinking... but i do like the idea...

ReD.SkY
06-13-2006, 11:31 PM
or you could go realistic and actually try the blood ;) :D

but yah, the deep puple would be teh pwnage

Vapor
06-13-2006, 11:33 PM
Deep purple.....hmmm, maybe, might be too light though (no joke).

ReD.SkY
06-13-2006, 11:41 PM
is there going to be a window?

i really have no idea how to get it *black* maybe try using a sharpie or a marker with a reservoir in it and pour it in... tubing will stain, but the Delrin on a WB wont matter, and copper can be cleaned

Vapor
06-13-2006, 11:43 PM
I care more about the pump's internals. :(

...but the sharpie ink is a good idea if it's not ionic in any way

javascripterror
06-14-2006, 02:33 AM
Black Tygon looks the part and stops any fungus or algae from growing. It cuts out the light they require.

Vapor
06-14-2006, 04:14 AM
It just stops that kind of algae (and likely not fungus)....and algae growth isn't a concern to me. Introducing an ionic fluid (or ionizing the water that's there) is my big concern.

I've also had to rule out the black Tygon, definitely not worth the effort and system downtime required to redo my loop when I could very easily sleeve over and have it truly match everything (including my sleeved SATA cables). Unless someone knows a way to actually make the water black, I think I may just sleeve :cool:

Deathknight
06-14-2006, 05:01 AM
but think about this?

Black every thing, and a deep purple liquid.

Like blood in a creature.

I think you have the theme for your next rig. Some nice horns on top, maybe DVD drive could have a mouth painted around it? Nothing better looking than a furry case!

On a more serious note, I am not sure I would want to fill a loop with black tubing anyway. I would like a little more warning that it was about full than I would get from the coolant shooting back out my T-Line as I filled it!

dnottis
06-14-2006, 05:10 AM
I think you have the theme for your next rig. Some nice horns on top, maybe DVD drive could have a mouth painted around it? Nothing better looking than a furry case!!

Already been done - called the Diabolic.

http://www.eprom.com/home/Casedge/minotaur_red.jpg

Vapor
06-14-2006, 06:30 AM
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear....

:p:

Deathknight
06-14-2006, 06:53 AM
Already been done - called the Diabolic.

http://www.eprom.com/home/Casedge/minotaur_red.jpg

Hmm when I envisoned this rig for phelan1777 it had bits of gore hanging out of the mouth, and maybe a few wounds, like it just got back from the hunt ;)

Slayer2k3
06-14-2006, 07:32 AM
VW and Audi antifreeze, is a deep purple color, pricey, but dark.

Add that, and some red watter wetter, and you should have a very dark mix.

Deathknight
06-14-2006, 08:18 AM
VW and Audi antifreeze, is a deep purple color, pricey, but dark.

I am using Pentosin (VW and Audi antifreeze). It is dark undiluted, but mixed with distilled water it comes out a nice light blue color. You would need to run pure antifreeze for that affect I think.

Example:
http://www.jimmysoft.net/jimmysoft/images/BuildLogs/Widowmaker/Finished1(Large).jpg

Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.

Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy was he?

Ominous Gamer
06-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Big thanks for posting that black tygon!

I'm current planning / building a MM UFO mirror case, with black acrylic windows and highlights. This tubing will go with it perfectly!

:woot:

(Now to find a place that stocks and sells it a few feet at a time.)

cirthix
06-14-2006, 12:40 PM
home depot has black tubing