PDA

View Full Version : huge water tanks!

quintus
06-13-2006, 08:31 AM
hi,
first just think and dont hit reply no doesnt work! this is an ideea for future use. I am more in dd so take me eazy cause i skipped water cooling...

I know ppl in my area that use big thanks like 2m*2m and 1meter tall for wine
is in the ground say 1m deep in the sumer they open it up and wahs it and in the winter is full with wine. Is made form glass at the inside and cement(concrete beton) at outside.

do u know if this stuff wil work??? i mean 1m*1m*1m is like 750 liters i guess, ani ideea? maybe more tanks in series at some distance...

I'm thinging of cooling something like 2000watt.. no not cpu but the dd :D

got other ideas too, i will try to get back here tomorow(no net at home)

any positive or negative to positive input welcomed!

tw33ter
06-13-2006, 08:36 AM
what's a 2000w DD?

Slayer2k3
06-13-2006, 08:43 AM
Direct-die, phase..

And I have an idea of what you want to do, but I'd be kinda worried, having the whole thing made from glass.....and concrete, being underground?

You could always try to get one of those plastic barrels, used for shipping water and stuff, they hold up to 55 gallons, not sure the conversion for litres.

http://uscontainer.com/images/TH_plastic_drum_lg.jpg

quintus
06-13-2006, 08:46 AM
Direct-die, phase..

And I have an idea of what you want to do, but I'd be kinda worried, having the whole thing made from glass.....and concrete, being underground?

You could always try to get one of those plastic barrels, used for shipping water and stuff, they hold up to 55 gallons, not sure the conversion for litres.

http://uscontainer.com/images/TH_plastic_drum_lg.jpg

small
1galon is like 4 liters if i remember well.i want to make a tank like at least 250galons or more and as i sayd put more in serial..
Yup glass(min 6mm) at interior and concrete at exterior(min 5cm) lets say 1m deep in the ground. Count the pump off i may build it myself...

dd i mean more like cascade:D

ReD.SkY
06-13-2006, 12:46 PM
small
1galon is like 4 liters if i remember well.i want to make a tank like at least 250galons or more and as i sayd put more in serial..
Yup glass(min 6mm) at interior and concrete at exterior(min 5cm) lets say 1m deep in the ground. Count the pump off i may build it myself...

dd i mean more like cascade:D

3.75 Liters per Gallon

Movieman
06-13-2006, 12:58 PM
I saw this discussed in an article last year..a bit different..The guy used one 55 gallon barrel filled with water that was buried app 6 ft below ground level where the water stayed in the 40-50 degree range year round and he had coils inside the barrel running to a WC circuit in his PC..
Looked like a good idea but a lot of work and I thought at the time that if he just ran the coil through the earth itself he'd get just about the same effect.
I'm not into WC so maybe the fact that the coil was in water wisked away the heat faster than running that coil in the cold earth.

OCme
06-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Geothermal cooling works. If you cool 8-10 degrees below ambient temps you will have to use insulation to guard agnist condensation. It can be done, but I would prefer to use a phase-change chiller.

Fresh Daemon
06-13-2006, 01:23 PM
It's been done - Zero Fan Zone (http://www.zfz.com/)

quintus
06-16-2006, 04:19 AM
soooo, i have to decide between Cu pipes and an reservoir i guess!
thx