PDA

View Full Version : Need Help OC'in old HP w/ p3 Coppermine

Tenknics
06-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Hey, I have an old HP that has been sitting in my cloest, it's a p3 coppermine I believe @ 1ghz. 133FSb, on a Asus CUV-NT. There is absolutely no options in the bios for me to raise the FSB or anything. Is there any bios out there that I can install that would give me these options?

I wanna mess around it with it and play with an older system rather than my current one. Wanna try to OC this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

deltarealm
06-12-2006, 02:46 AM
Try using some overclocking software. Locate the clock generator PLL chip on the motherboard, write down the specs, and hopefully the overclocking software that you are using will detect the PLL.
You might get alittle extra out of it, not much as over 133FSB the memory and AGP/PCI will start getting out of spec. Coppermines are not able to do much over 1GHz, limitation of the core.

kais
06-12-2006, 09:49 AM
oooh, id like to try that out cause i have an hp 900mhz p3 but im not sure what the fsb is, my guess is that its the same as yours, 133

deltarealm
06-12-2006, 09:01 PM
oooh, id like to try that out cause i have an hp 900mhz p3 but im not sure what the fsb is, my guess is that its the same as yours, 133
Download CPU-Z, this program will tell you the FSB, and some other helpful details about the CPU, RAM, and Motherboard

Serge84
06-13-2006, 05:51 AM
You'll only if lucky get 50 to 200mhz from them. And back in that day, we all thought that was extreme. lol Those CPU's are mostly limited by the pin limitations when hitting the ghz berrior. Back in that day they had major problems getting past the ghz mark with also limits to the core like a brick wall.