PDA

View Full Version : FlashGet v1.72

Saudi-X
06-11-2006, 04:01 PM
FlashGet is specifically designed to address two of the biggest problems when downloading files:
Speed and management of downloaded files.
If you've ever waited forever for your files to download from a slow connection
or been cut off mid-way through a download - or just can't keep track of your ever-growing downloads - FlashGet is for you.
FlashGet can split downloaded files into sections
downloading each section simultaneously, for an increase in downloading speed from 100% to 500%.
This coupled with FlashGet's powerful and easy-to-use management features, helps you take control of your downloads like never before.

Image of Softwaer

http://www.noor22o.com/vb/uploaded/44908_1150070119.jpg

Download (http://down2.flashget.com/fgf172.exe)

Silver Bullet
06-26-2006, 09:32 AM
I've used it before, watch out as the free version does have spyware in it (or the older versions did).

Zenphic
07-07-2006, 08:22 AM
I've used it before, watch out as the free version does have spyware in it (or the older versions did).
Just to clear it out, ever since FlashGet has become a freeware (everything from version 1.72 to later) the software does not contain spyware anymore. The closest thing to a spyware FlashGet nowadays has is it's IE toolbar, which can be easily fixed by deleting one of it's .dll's.... which I don't remember which one now that I think of it :D

I've used this software in the past also, but the ads really threw me off. Hearing that FlashGet no longer has those brings joy to me and I'm back being a happy FlashGet user :) You should all try it out!

Richie P
07-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Flashget's really good - my download manager of choice. Integrates into Firefox with the Flashgot plugin so easily.

And the banner's go away if you register, or you find someone's registration details somewhere ;)...

Haltech
08-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Ive got a version of flashget that has unlimited connections. Since i have fiber, my pipe is huge.