PDA

View Full Version : anyone interested in anodized tdx tops?

einCe
06-11-2006, 07:46 AM
i was staring at my tdx lucite top today and decided that beside it being lucite, i dont like it. then i went to dangerden and looks at the brass ones. too bright dont like em. so i decided that i might make a custom top out of alu that would be anodized most likley black and have a thin copper (mabe delrin or brass depending on how much it brings the cost down) spacer at the bottom to prevent the alu from touching the water. would any of you guys be interested in one of these?

yngndrw
06-11-2006, 07:50 AM
Why not make the top ALL anodized copper instead of copper and alu ?

einCe
06-11-2006, 07:54 AM
Why not make the top ALL anodized copper instead of copper and alu ?
copper+alu equals corrosion without additives

edit, just re-read your post. copper does not anodize afaik

Overclocker16
06-11-2006, 08:13 AM
That's a good idea. Atleast it'll look good.

SiGfever
06-11-2006, 10:25 AM
i was staring at my tdx lucite top today and decided that beside it being lucite, i dont like it. then i went to dangerden and looks at the brass ones. too bright dont like em. so i decided that i might make a custom top out of alu that would be anodized most likley black and have a thin copper (mabe delrin or brass depending on how much it brings the cost down) spacer at the bottom to prevent the alu from touching the water. would any of you guys be interested in one of these?
Why not just prime and paint the brass top?

WeStSiDePLaYa
06-11-2006, 11:35 AM
you cant add a spacer to the top. you will mess up the jets flow.

eXa
06-12-2006, 05:38 AM
tbh, it doesnt sound as an good idea....

Slayer2k3
06-12-2006, 08:42 AM
........I've never heard, nor seen anthing other than aluminum anodized. And I don't think it's possible with copper, is it? I would think the process is too harsh for copper.

Besides, I'd take a highly polished copper, or brass( especially the silver one) anyday.

ReD.SkY
06-12-2006, 01:42 PM
i would just spray paint the Lucite the color u want so u wont corrode a hole through youre loop