PDA

View Full Version : Motherboard Question

Batman!
06-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Hiya.
Well being tired of my 915p board I would like to get a decent board to hold me off until conroe. And I have chose this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127213 only one in my price range.

Anyways. Ill be mounting this in a lian li. So its gonna be reveresed. Ive heard these heatpipes lose their point once u reverse them, it goes against the flow or sumthin..
Well will I be having any problems with the heatpipe by mounting it upside down?

cirthix
06-10-2006, 10:05 PM
they still work, just not as well. just get some airflow over the board and it should be ok

Batman!
06-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Alright sweet thanks for the quick reply.

And lets say if in the future I have to replace the northbridge cooler with like a new one or a new waterblock. How would I go about doing that. Since the heat pipe is connected to the fins that cool the mosfets. Will it be possible to remove it? And if so will i have to remove the mosfet cooler that its connected to? Should I just then place small heatsinks on the then uncovered mosfets?
Srry about the english..

afireinside
06-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Yes you will have to take it off the mosfets and replace it with some BGA ram sinks.

Batman!
06-11-2006, 12:35 AM
Alright thanks for all the help