PDA

View Full Version : U2-UFO help needed

SiGfever
06-09-2006, 06:46 PM
I will be buying the U2-UFO case :slobber: soon along with the PA120.3 rad. Should I use a shroud with this rad and a "pull" configuration or would a "push" without the shroud be better? Also would the aluminum wire mesh filter grills be recommended over the regular wire grills?

Thanks for your help.

nikhsub1
06-09-2006, 06:52 PM
I go with push/pull since space is not a concern... but if you do one or the other I would do push. I have the al mesh grills on my current UFO, they help a little but not really. Dust will get in no matter what. Good thing the PA is easier to clean than the HE.

SiGfever
06-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks nikhsub1,

Seeing "The Beast Project" put me over the edge and I can't stop thinking about that case. :slobber:

How would you recommend setting up the nine fans as in intake or exhaust? I plan on getting the original top with the two blow-holes and hopefully minus the top window.

nikhsub1
06-09-2006, 08:19 PM
I have the front 4 fan holes as intake, everything else is exhaust for now. On my black one the top fan above the mobo tray blows IN. Keeps the pwm nice and cool.

sdkevin
06-09-2006, 08:45 PM
it's nice if you can use UFO Case as stool :)

Visioneer
06-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Same here, front 4 fans pull air in and I have a BIX III over the left 3 fans in push/pull config...

Airflow is not an issue, but the case could be bigger in my opinion.

SiGfever
06-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Same here, front 4 fans pull air in and I have a BIX III over the left 3 fans in push/pull config...

Airflow is not an issue, but the case could be bigger in my opinion.
They do custom sizes! :toast:

Now if they only answer my last email so I can get this baby ordered. :woot: :banana:

ShoNuff
06-10-2006, 05:42 PM
SiGfever you will not be disappointed with the MM case. I just got mine yesterday and I am very impressed. I actually thought the case would be bigger. Don’t get me wrong, it is not small; not just as big as I thought it was going to be. Space is not an issue with this case.

I had a couple of images etched into the side panels and I am even more impressed with the way things turned out. On top of all that they are good people to deal with too.

SiGfever
06-10-2006, 05:56 PM
How long did it take to get your case? Also did you have a graphic image etched on the side or was it words? I emailed them about getting the original top minus the top window but have not heard from them yet.

I am really looking forward to this build, it should cover all aspects of what I want in a case. :clap:

Ominous Gamer
06-10-2006, 06:16 PM
it's nice if you can use UFO Case as stool :)

Not suggested, what so ever.

The welding for the corners of the frame is cheap, rushed, and poor. I snapped mine just pushing it around to often.

tdunks
06-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Ive heard it is VERY srtong. A friend of mine stood on his with all the windows and everything out (he had all windows) and it held his weight about 220 lbs.

SiGfever
06-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Not suggested, what so ever.

The welding for the corners of the frame is cheap, rushed, and poor. I snapped mine just pushing it around to often.
Darn, I though computer cases were to...hold computers? I didn't realize that you are supposed to sit on them? :nono: :slapass:

ShoNuff
06-10-2006, 07:30 PM
It took about a week to get my case. I sent them an image for one side and text for the other.

They didn't have the font for the lettering I wanted on one panel and requested I send them the font. He (Ben) worked on my image until I was satisfied with the outcome. That is what I call customer service. :thumbsup:

SiGfever
06-10-2006, 07:35 PM
It took about a week to get my case. I sent them an image for one side and text for the other.

They didn't have the font for the lettering I wanted on one panel and requested I send them the font. He (Ben) worked on my image until I was satisfied with the outcome. That is what I call customer service. :thumbsup:
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! :toast:

Did you deal with them through email or did you call them?

Now to get in touch with them and get my order placed. I already ordered some other goodies for the build so now I am in the waiting mode. :slobber:

I also looked at the TJ07 (nice case) but I think the U2-UFO will suit me better.

ShoNuff
06-11-2006, 08:27 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! :toast:

Did you deal with them through email or did you call them?

Now to get in touch with them and get my order placed. I already ordered some other goodies for the build so now I am in the waiting mode. :slobber:

I also looked at the TJ07 (nice case) but I think the U2-UFO will suit me better.

I actually did both. I ordered on a Friday afternoon and got an email stating they were processing the order on Saturday morning. I had second thoughts about one of the images submitted and called and had them swap it out for something else. Again, the customer service was impeccable. Once you get started you won’t regret it. My last three cases were all Lian Li’s and I have finally found everything I have ever wanted in one case. I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you get yours. :banana:

SiGfever
06-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Well just an update. I spoke with Ben today and with his guidance I selected blue UV acrylic panels instead of the clear ones but kept the original top. He told me that the PA120.3 rads that they have are the ones with the new paint jobs so that was a plus. Ben was very easy to talk to and was very helpful with the order process. He stated that right now there is about a three day turn-around time so the wait begins...:slobber: :slobber:

I emailed them my graphic for the right side panel and look forward to receiving the case and pieces parts. :woot:

Vice
06-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Post some pics when you get it.

ReD.SkY
06-12-2006, 12:40 PM
yes yes yes pics :D

Deathknight
06-12-2006, 06:39 PM
On my black one the top fan above the mobo tray blows IN. Keeps the pwm nice and cool.

I was considering this for my UFO when I pulled out the fans for sleeving. This working out ok for you? I am getting some nasty PWMIC temps. I am not doing push pull on my rig either, so I don't have as much air coming through my rad like you do.

ShoNuff
06-12-2006, 10:30 PM
@SiGfever...nice choice with respect to the UV blue acrylic. Definitely go for the NEW PA120.3 with the improved paint job. I just finished priming my Thermochill earlier today. In my old case the portion where the paint "fell off" was hidden. In the MM it is very obvious. Not sure what color I am going to paint it yet. I have some 'School Bus' yellow left over from moment of indiscretion at the paint store not too long ago. :D