PDA

View Full Version : Intel D975XBX Power Supply Requierment

Esparco
06-09-2006, 03:45 AM
hello xtremee userrrrs

i have the d975xbx rev 304 and a ColorSit GENERIC PSU 480W 1x12V rail with 19A and a single 12v 4 pins plug... the board is not booting.. all fans and cdrom,, hardrives.. everything works but there is no feed to the monitor.. no beep nothing ...i tryied everything and change every part in the system execpt the psu... as far as i know the board needs a 8 pin 12v plug..

anyone succeded to boot this MB with only 1 12v 4pin plug??!?

FischOderAal
06-09-2006, 03:53 AM
hello xtremee userrrrs

i have the d975xbx rev 304 and a ColorSit GENERIC PSU 480W 1x12V rail with 19A and a single 12v 4 pins plug... the board is not booting.. all fans and cdrom,, hardrives.. everything works but there is no feed to the monitor.. no beep nothing ...i tryied everything and change every part in the system execpt the psu... as far as i know the board needs a 8 pin 12v plug..

the board requires a 8-Pin 12v plug. with only a 4 pin plugged into it it won't boot.

but there must have been a adapter in your package in which you can plug your 4 Pin and then you have a 8 Pin. no need to change your PSU!

Esparco
06-09-2006, 10:19 AM
I didnt get the adapter with the board..

i got the bulk version i know there should be an adapter too in this version
but i didn't get one :mad:

computerpro3
06-09-2006, 11:48 AM
hello xtremee userrrrs

Why do people that use generic psu's get the boards that everyone who knows what they are doing can't find?

Seriously, ditch that POS. Go read the psu sticky in the psu forum for information; otherwise, that power supply will probably end up killing everything attached to it.

Think of it like this: Why would you spend the least on the most important componet in your entire expensive system? Think of it as an insurance policy; the cheapest you'll ever buy too.

Pete
06-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Think of it like this: Why would you spend the least on the most important componet in your entire expensive system? Think of it as an insurance policy; the cheapest you'll ever buy too.

Thats the best thing thats been said in a long time

It's also very dam true. I had massive oc'ing issues and it was due to my PSU. Bought a PC+P and it went away and i infact 2x my clocking due to having proper power there at last

deeznuts
06-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Why do people that use generic psu's get the boards that everyone who knows what they are doing can't find?

That had me laughing. I've had my 304 bad axe for a week now although I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet. Yet this was still funny to read.

Good advice though. Get thyself a good PSU now. Everyone has their opinions on PSU's, but even a mid-level psu would do you good. Remember, weight is key on a PSU. Generally, the heavier the better the quality. Just a general rule.

Enermax, Antec, OCZ powerstream are some good ones to look at. There are PC+P, and zippy, but those are pricy.

Pete
06-09-2006, 01:19 PM
2nd hand i paid £65 posted RMSD for both of mine

Look about you get amazing deals