PDA

View Full Version : Used Acura NSX?

IamAnoobieCheez
06-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Does anyone know where's good place to look for an used Acura NSX for good price?:stick:

It's really really hard to find these cars since it's been discontinued for a while.. I think there is high demand for this car. Supply and Demand.

amd4me
06-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Does anyone know where's good place to look for an used Acura NSX for good price?:stick:

It's really really hard to find these cars since it's been discontinued for a while.. I think there is high demand for this car. Supply and Demand.
2005 was the last year.
I would check ebaymotors.com
Or go to a Honda dealership.

IamAnoobieCheez
06-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks amd4me, i checked out one of the sites and found this -- http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?rdpage=thumb&car_id=199661952&dealer_id=57702026&car_year=2002&mod_bookmark_id=null&search_type=used&make=ACURA&distance=0&model=NSX&address=46256&certified=&advanced=&max_price=&bkms=1149812289099&min_price=&first_record=51&end_year=2007&start_year=1981&isp=y&pager.offset=50&lang=&cardist=658

2002 Acura NSX-T 6 spd manual. It's... yellow with black interior :D
Mileage @ 24,000. The price taggie of $49,500. :eek:

I didn't anticipate pay this much of money.. well, I said what the heck... I applied for a pre-approved loan and guess what...... It got approved!! Two banks are fighting to get me a better offer. :eek:

An email will be sent with more information on offering. Oh weeeee.... I don't know what to do... That car is so sweet for me to turn down.. Titanium rods with sophisticated VTEC engine.. 0-to-60 in 4.9 sek... 13 sec quarter mile and top end of 175mph yikes.......

[XC] leviathan18
06-08-2006, 07:39 PM
nsx is still in production at least until this year....

IamAnoobieCheez
06-08-2006, 08:05 PM
nsx is still in production at least until this year....
Thanks for the correction. good to know :)

I've got some lots of thinking to do....

Planet
06-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Yea I just bought a RSX and saw the NSX at the dealership. I hope your not planning on using it as a daily driver. It gets like 13miles to the gallon. Personally mid engines are also a :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: to work on.

fhpchris
06-08-2006, 08:39 PM
It does not get 13 MPG, they are expensive to upkeep though. It is one of the only supercars that you can drive everyday.

mikenam
06-08-2006, 09:28 PM
wow nice.

Athens[2004]
06-08-2006, 09:37 PM
http://www.mobile.de/SID2pMLWiaJkdd8e8vVgOEi5Q-t-vaNexlCsAsCsK%F3P%F3R~BmSB11LsearchPublicJ11498345 80A1LsearchPublicD1100CCarS-t-vpLtt~BmPA1B20A0t-t-vQuSeUnVb_X_Y_x_y~BSRA6BGNCPKWA0HinPublicA2A0A0A0/cgi-bin/searchPublic.pl?sr_qual=GN&formType=pkwDetail_GN&_form=search&sr_make=11000&sr_modelId=15&sr_useNetPrice=0&sr_priceFrom=-2&sr_priceTo=-2&sr_category=1100&sr_doorCount=-2&sr_powerFrom=-2&sr_powerTo=-2&sr_registrationDateFrom=-2&sr_registrationDateTo=-2&sr_mileageFrom=-2&sr_mileageTo=-2&sr_engineType=-2&sr_emissionClass=-2&sr_gear=-2&sr_airConditioning=-2&sr_model=&sr_vehicleType=-2&sr_color=-2&sr_country=-2&sr_zip=&sr_zipRadiusTo=-2&sr_damaged=0&sr_daysOldTo=-2&sr_sortOrder=0&sr_advertiserType=-2&sr_deliverability=-2&doSearch.x=21&doSearch.y=7

it's very Beautiful ,

Planet
06-08-2006, 09:38 PM
It does not get 13 MPG, they are expensive to upkeep though. It is one of the only supercars that you can drive everyday.

The sticker at the dealership read 13/19 if I remember correctly. I will try to snap a pic if I go back there soon.

[XC] leviathan18
06-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Yea I just bought a RSX and saw the NSX at the dealership. I hope your not planning on using it as a daily driver. It gets like 13miles to the gallon. Personally mid engines are also a :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: to work on.

rsx is going to die civic si 8th gen killed it they are dropping afaik the RSX totally sad because i love that car.

the nsx will stop production until they release the new one also ive been reading they will sell a sub nsx version (cheaper and simpler i guess) and the new nsx

fhpchris
06-08-2006, 11:45 PM
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/20451.shtml

I have owned a car that could do less than 13 MPG, and a N/A 3.2L, 2700 lb car isnt it :)

I understand they can wear tires out pretty fast, due to alignment issues. Other things on the car are expensive, etc...

ZX7891
06-09-2006, 07:33 AM
i personally dont understand why you'd buy an NSX, there are a lot of cars that are cheaper that are a lot faster and more comfortable to drive...*corvette*

ludeboy12
06-09-2006, 07:39 AM
corvette is american so its cheap and when you drive around you see lots of them.

NSX is a lot more unique. Dont see them on the road nearly as much.

Planet
06-09-2006, 07:41 AM
i personally dont understand why you'd buy an NSX, there are a lot of cars that are cheaper that are a lot faster and more comfortable to drive...*corvette*

NSX is one of the cheapest sports cars that is mid engine. There are only a few mid engine cars that were ever made to be affordable and daily drivers. The only ones I can think of are DeTomaso Pantera 70-86, Pontiac Fiero 84-88, Toyota MR2, NSX, and Corvair. Mid engine cars are alot of fun to drive. I personally have owned several fieros and a Pantera. Mid engine cars are alot of fun to drive because they handle very well due to the weight distribution of the car.

IamAnoobieCheez
06-09-2006, 05:11 PM
yes.. the NSX is very nice. I know the car. I know what it can do..

but I think I need to save some money first and make a large down payment. The interest rate they offer is 7.2% for 60 mo. Even though I got the credit and loan approved it's still gonna be a little too tight for my budget.

All of my credit cards were paid off, but I think I'm gonna pay that college tuition loan off... still owe 12k. Put over a grand per month, that's gonna go away quickly, bye bye.

Tanktanium
06-09-2006, 08:19 PM
The NSX is a great car, but "supercar" is a misnomer. Sure it's light, and it's quick, but it really lacks where it counts. 279HP at the crank N/A. Price tag for a new one is usually $70,000+

If I had $70,000 to spend on a MR, I'd save it and wait till a Ford GT came across my tracks...

IamAnoobieCheez
06-09-2006, 08:56 PM
the NSX till 1995 had 270 HP. Since 1996 the NSX produces 290 HP.

You don't have to have a lot of horsepower to consider a car "supercar". It is the handling, responsiveness, and such beautifully balanced car makes it so nice. The engine runs very smoothly at high RPM and the power gradually goes up. This car doesn't require whole lot of horsepower to compete against cars like Corvette and other sport cars that have over 100 more horsepower. It is the precision, quality, and handling that makes this car better than others. You can't just look at only "Horsepower". Think bigger, not just one thing.

...... and no, it is not $70,000. The lastest model runs at $90,000. ;) The early models run $85k.

I bolded and underlined that phrase for ya. Those are very important keywords..

cronic
06-09-2006, 09:05 PM
NSX is one of the cheapest sports cars that is mid engine. There are only a few mid engine cars that were ever made to be affordable and daily drivers. The only ones I can think of are DeTomaso Pantera 70-86, Pontiac Fiero 84-88, Toyota MR2, NSX, and Corvair. Mid engine cars are alot of fun to drive. I personally have owned several fieros and a Pantera. Mid engine cars are alot of fun to drive because they handle very well due to the weight distribution of the car.

corvair was not mid engine, but a rear engine car from the factory. some people have modified the sub frame and put a v8 in the backseat area to make a mid engine conversion, but all were rear engine from the factory. Good luck with the NSX, they are very nice cars

IamAnoobieCheez
06-09-2006, 09:10 PM
thanks cronic.. I'll definintely be getting one.. just gotta save up some money. :)

Soulburner
06-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Sounds like a good car, but extremely overpriced for those kind of specs IMO.

Rippthrough
06-10-2006, 03:52 AM
They're one of the finest handling cars on the planet, how can that be overpriced? :stick:

ZX7891
06-10-2006, 07:30 AM
its slow

irev210
06-10-2006, 08:15 AM
its slow

slow is subjective.

Not many cars can go through a hairpin like a NSX can.

On the other hand, NSX in a straight away vs other supercars, it is going to get killed.

horsepower and speed isnt everything, a way a car handles, drives, and just the overall feel is another thing.

I personally would buy the new corvette, I see it as a better value... but a NSX could still take it in tight turns.

Just depends on what you want in a machine. The quality of a NSX is one of the highest you can get. The replacement parts are expensive, like a 1200 dollar clutch, but nothing ever breaks on the NSX.

ZX7891
06-10-2006, 08:24 AM
even in a track race, if the corvette does lose slightly in the turns, even in the small straightaways it will pull away from the NSX easily

Soulburner
06-10-2006, 09:00 AM
nothing ever breaks on the NSX.
I seriously doubt that. Any car can break anything and nothing is exempt from that.

IamAnoobieCheez
06-10-2006, 09:46 AM
even in a track race, if the corvette does lose slightly in the turns, even in the small straightaways it will pull away from the NSX easily
Let's go over to Brands Hatch race track. We'll see who reaches the finish line first. ;)

anyways, enough with NSX bashing. The thread topic is about buying used NSX, not NSX vs. other ugly high HP car thread.

Tanktanium
06-10-2006, 01:40 PM
The thing about the NSX is that for $90,000, you don't get the kind of power that you would expect taking out a 20 year mortgage on your house. Sure it's quick, and it handles great, but the power isn't there. With only 224 ft/lb of torque, it can't compete with something like a 3000GT VR4, which has 310 ft/lb of torque and 290AWHP (320hp at the crank) and cost $45,000 or less new. Nowadays you can get a 2nd generation VR4 for less than $15,000 with decent mileage. It's only downside is its weight (3790lbs).

I'd take a VR4 over an NSX any day. Save yourself a ton of money, and still have a crapton for aftermarket mods and make 600AWHP+

comrad
06-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Alright, there are many cars around that are a better value, a Mitsubish Lancer Evo MR is the best Value car, fast, 4wd, and it handles very nice. My friend has a zo6.... Holy crap its fast... We were racing an Evo MR on the freeway, we smoked the evo, but then we went off onto the streets... The evo killed us... Literally, no contest...

An NSX is a very unique car that I rarely ever see, it has 290hp which is MORE than enough for a daily driver, it is alot more reliable than a vette, and it handles alot better. The vette is also "mr" which is very fun to drive, my bro had an MR2 a while back and that thing was awesome. The NSX also looks alot better in my opinion, yes the vette looks nice but there are WAY to many on the streets.

If I had 90k I wouldnt buy a NSX because I cant really justify spending more than 50k on a car unless you have alot of bank. But its your choice, if you wanna get the NSX, do so, don't get a vette.

[XC] leviathan18
06-10-2006, 01:51 PM
nsx is a killing machine in the circuit i think it will be nice to see NSX vs mitsu evo MR FQ 320 or ( FQ 400)

EZClock
06-10-2006, 01:54 PM
The thing about the NSX is that for $90,000, you don't get the kind of power that you would expect taking out a 20 year mortgage on your house. Sure it's quick, and it handles great, but the power isn't there. With only 224 ft/lb of torque, it can't compete with something like a 3000GT VR4, which has 310 ft/lb of torque and 290AWHP (320hp at the crank) and cost $45,000 or less new. Nowadays you can get a 2nd generation VR4 for less than $15,000 with decent mileage. It's only downside is its weight (3790lbs).

I'd take a VR4 over an NSX any day. Save yourself a ton of money, and still have a crapton for aftermarket mods and make 600AWHP+

I stand by your statement, but the 3000GTs are very unreliable (Stock). IMO, only true 3000GT diehards own them. I couldn't imagine a 3000GT that weighed under 3000lb and had over 500HP ... :drool

Soulburner
06-10-2006, 10:52 PM

Or my LS1 TA which has an enormous aftermarket and for 1/2 the cost of the NSX you will beat it in every category...we could go on forever about cars with "better value".

irev210
06-11-2006, 07:10 AM
I seriously doubt that. Any car can break anything and nothing is exempt from that.

Okay, maybe i should rephrase.

You could drive the car 100,000 miles on the street and the odds of anything besides maybe a distributor going out, or an alternator, are VERY low, as long as you just change the timing belt, water pump, and spark plugs/cap and rotor.

There are some early NSX that had a recall on the transmission, but other then that, they are VERY RELIABLE.

freecableguy
06-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Or my LS1 TA which has an enormous aftermarket and for 1/2 the cost of the NSX you will beat it in every category...we could go on forever about cars with "better value".

LS1 are dime a dozen now. And they don't retain value well. :rolleyes:

Magnj
06-11-2006, 08:40 AM

:) I'm going for a 3000gt/stealth this time next year. If you know where to look you can get a VR4 for 7-9 thousand. With another 7-9 thousand...you have a stupid fast awd machine. I can't wait.

ON topic. I like the NSX but yea...70K for one...idk.

[XC] leviathan18
06-11-2006, 08:50 AM
you can spend some grands in the engine of the nsx an have a rocket....

Soulburner
06-11-2006, 10:19 AM
LS1 are dime a dozen now. And they don't retain value well. :rolleyes:
That's neither here nor there. I was simply pointing out how many cars we could bring up with a better bang for the buck, but obviously that isn't what he is going for here. He wants an NSX so be it.

IamAnoobieCheez
06-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Tanktanium, the 3000GT VR4 requires a lot more power to move that heavy 4-wheel drive car to get it upto speed. The power requirements is very different than the NSX. It's not only the weight, but the transferring power all to 4 wheels takes away a lot more horsepower. In addition, the NSX's high range of RPM allows smoother and gradual power increase. The components are well beyond the quality used on the VR4. You can't compare the horsepower and torque between the two different cars. Think! Think!!

A while back reviews show that the VR4 outpaces the other competitors: Nissan 300ZX Turbo, Toyota Supra, Mazda RX-7 in 0-to-30mph take off, but gets outpaced by all these cars at 60mph and up. The VR4 has good grip and has a lot of power at low speed but as you go higher up, it starts to struggle. This is the limition of having 4 wheel drive and at curb weight of nearly 4000 lbs. The 4 wheel drive consumes a lot more power bandwidth. Obviously, the NSX is the fastest in the bunch. If you are desperate, you would need around 370~ 400 HP and 40~ 50 more ft-lb of torque to keep up with the super-efficient 290 HP NSX.

wait.. wait... stop. The second paragraph is very important. I suggest you read it again if you read it too fast. You can then read this paragraph.. oh did I mention this?.. The NSX is faster than the VR4 in both acceleration and top speed? In addition to having Mid Rear engine, the NSX is also much lighter and comes with much more advanced suspension system, which results in superior handling. The VR4 is not even in the same class as the NSX. So what is the VR4 doing here anyway.

The NSX engineers has paid attention to the every detail of this car. Every bits and parts are well designed to perform at its best. The money isn't just wasted, it's there for many reasons.

irev210, you are correct. The NSXs do not break, hardly, not like Corvette or Pontiac Firebird.
... and not only that, but also the Honda engines don't wear out as fast as the others too although I've been a fan of Nissan SR20DE engines.

Soulburner
06-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Nice. I liked that underline. Funny to see such unfounded claims though. ;)

Although this isn't your ordinary "Firebird".

I guess i'll be waiting for my car to "break" then :slap:

amd4me
06-11-2006, 07:51 PM
The NSX's are in EXTREMELY high demand.
So it drives up the price.
You could do better for the money look at a mid nineties Ferrari F355 or a BMW Mroadster they are both fast cars that can be had for cheaper than 49 k.
And the 2006 NSX afaik is a special edition and the last production year for the regular NSX was 2005.

IamAnoobieCheez
06-11-2006, 07:57 PM
I checked with the insurance company and for me to drive this car they want $177 a month. hmm.. Not bad. I was afraid it was going to be around 200~ 250. It must be my good driving record :D 1 ticket and no accident in the last 5 years.

Tanktanium
06-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Tanktanium, the 3000GT VR4 requires a lot more power to move that heavy 4-wheel drive car to get it upto speed. The power requirements is very different than the NSX. It's not only the weight, but the transferring power all to 4 wheels takes away a lot more horsepower. In addition, the NSX's high range of RPM allows smoother and gradual power increase. The components are well beyond the quality used on the VR4. You can't compare the horsepower and torque between the two different cars. Think! Think!!

A while back reviews show that the VR4 outpaces the other competitors: Nissan 300ZX Turbo, Toyota Supra, Mazda RX-7 in 0-to-30mph take off, but gets outpaced by all these cars at 60mph and up. The VR4 has good grip and has a lot of power at low speed but as you go higher up, it starts to struggle. This is the limition of having 4 wheel drive and at curb weight of nearly 4000 lbs. The 4 wheel drive consumes a lot more power bandwidth. Obviously, the NSX is the fastest in the bunch. If you are desperate, you would need around 370~ 400 HP and 40~ 50 more ft-lb of torque to keep up with the super-efficient 290 HP NSX.

wait.. wait... stop. The second paragraph is very important. I suggest you read it again if you read it too fast. You can then read this paragraph.. oh did I mention this?.. The NSX is faster than the VR4 in both acceleration and top speed? In addition to having Mid Rear engine, the NSX is also much lighter and comes with much more advanced suspension system, which results in superior handling. The VR4 is not even in the same class as the NSX. So what is the VR4 doing here anyway.

The NSX engineers has paid attention to the every detail of this car. Every bits and parts are well designed to perform at its best. The money isn't just wasted, it's there for many reasons.

The components may be "well beyond the quality" than those used on a VR4, but that cost comes at double the retail price of the VR4. The only real weakness of the VR4 is its driveline. The transfer case is not strong enough to handle the weight and has a tendancy to crack and leak fluid, when under heavy stress, like a high RPM launch, resulting in a lockup. There is a guy on the 3si.org forums who has a CNC machine and is now making new bulletproof transfer cases, and even shop owners like Ray Pampena of Pampena motorsports in New york can use it for their 900awhp machines (such as the only AWD burnout I've ever seen).

In any case, I'm not trying to hate on the NSX. It's an extremely nice car, light and quick, MR and has a very good track record with repairs. The only thing I do not like about it is its premium. Spending $80,000 or $90,000 you'd expect not only a light and quick car, but a powerful one with some "oomph" as well. For 80-90 grand, I'd take a 911 Carrera 4 over an NSX. Hell, the Z06 has turned out to be a great car for 2006, even for a Corvette. Even Jeremy Clarkson liked this one on the track.

Carlz0r
06-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Damn what I could do with $49,500.

Slayer2k3
06-12-2006, 08:52 AM
I'd buy a newer, faster car. :D

IamAnoobieCheez
06-12-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm not interested in cars that have rediculously large amount of horsepower and can't turn at high speeds. If I just wanted power, I go get a drag racing American vehicle.

I don't want anything european. Nice customatics, very fast, but breaks easy. I don't want BMW M3 GT.. with the swedish cars being worst in reliability.

Check out some of the NSX pics.. beautiful. http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/acura_nsx.asp

comrad
06-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Nice. I liked that underline. Funny to see such unfounded claims though. ;)

Although this isn't your ordinary "Firebird".

I guess i'll be waiting for my car to "break" then :slap:
We got a Pontiac Firebird Trans Am a while ago... I hated that car so much. yes, It was fast and powerful but it stops there. The car was really long, it felt like your sitting in a... I don't know what but you cant see :banana::banana::banana::banana: in back of you, the car handled worse than any car we have, worse than our Toyota Corolla. The weight balance was way off, and the car was :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty to drive. On turns it felt like it was gonna rollover, and it was a gas hog... Real gas hog. The only good thing about it was doing donuts on it. Oh and it was the most unreliable thing I ever saw, we have had around 50 cars in our 15 years in the US, my dad buys and sells cars, and the firebird is the most unreliable car I have ever seen, just like the Pontiac Grand Am, I will never own a Pontiac ever again. And the worst part of this is the Trans Am only had 40,000 miles.... :(

I am not dissing your car or anything. I really like the Trans am, but after we owned one for a bit... I never wanted to drive it again.

Torin
06-12-2006, 11:12 AM
Damn what I could do with $49,500.
Subaru WRX STI with $17,500 worth of mods. :D That'll turn at high speeds and drag with the best of them. :)

But like someone else said, the NSX is in such a high demand, that owning one has a prestige all it's own, something that you can't buy with performance numbers. They are very attractive cars, especially the 2005 model.

mikenam
06-12-2006, 01:25 PM
i guess its the law of demand. the supply is limited so the price is higher. The car is hand built so the price is higher don't know about the newer ones though.

nsx is nice. haters............. :)

IamAnoobieCheez
06-12-2006, 02:19 PM
i guess its the law of demand. the supply is limited so the price is higher. The car is hand built so the price is higher don't know about the newer ones though.

nsx is nice. haters............. :)
yea I think I've read that as well, the engine portion of the NSXs are hand built. Some of the interior of the car is also hand made. When you get in, and drive you can feel quality. Not only the car has very precise handling but it is xtremely predictable. Feel it baby feel it~

Soulburner
06-12-2006, 04:07 PM
You have your right to an opinion. And although none of the things you said describe my car...you were probably driving an older, stock worn out car.

These things weren't made for luxury so don't expect it, simple as that. They were made to perform, so long as you can live with a few minor annoyances. It is a "Muscle" car after all.

Slayer2k3
06-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Figures, I posted my above note, and what cuts me off in rush hour traffic? A dang NSX.

I never said they aren't nice cars, they just don't rank as one of my tops choices, if I had 40k to buy a vehicle.

Honestly, I don't know what I would buy. I like too many different things, and know what mods I'd do to each to bring to near-full potential.

Most likely, a classic 240z, with a 350SB, supercharged, and 6-spd. Wide body kit is a must. :D

NSX's, nice cars, full aluminum chassis, only a mere shadow of the japan version, NSX-R, which is a beast.

[XC] leviathan18
06-13-2006, 04:55 PM
why you dont get a s2000 its a circuit killer too :p:

Z3r0
06-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Nsx are nice cars,and I would love to have one.

But for 40k+ I would rather just wait for the new one....or another car.
And there is NO DEMAND for them. Why do you think Honda only sold like 3 last year if any. (there is a difference between I want and I can afford)

That is because basically nobody is willing to pay 70K+ for a outdated car. Sure it is still a beast in the circuits but that is the NSX-R ladies and gentlemen that can still keep up with todays cars.

Slayer2k3
06-14-2006, 08:12 AM
^Uhm, they were all sold before they hit the showroom. it's called a pre-order.

They are, and pretty much have always been in high demand. It's a street-legal, aluminum bodied race car. Minus the gobs of ponies from the engine, but it's enough to have alot of fun with.

mikenam
06-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Nsx are nice cars,and I would love to have one.

But for 40k+ I would rather just wait for the new one....or another car.
And there is NO DEMAND for them. Why do you think Honda only sold like 3 last year if any. (there is a difference between I want and I can afford)

That is because basically nobody is willing to pay 70K+ for a outdated car. Sure it is still a beast in the circuits but that is the NSX-R ladies and gentlemen that can still keep up with todays cars.

limited production.

zakelwe
06-14-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm not interested in cars that have rediculously large amount of horsepower and can't turn at high speeds. If I just wanted power, I go get a drag racing American vehicle.

I don't want anything european. Nice customatics, very fast, but breaks easy. I don't want BMW M3 GT.. with the swedish cars being worst in reliability.

Check out some of the NSX pics.. beautiful. http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/acura_nsx.asp

The place I bought my Merc from had a very nice NSX

http://www.carlians.co.uk/vehicle-details.asp?intMax=&intMin=&RSPage=2&ID=103534

Still manages to look a million dollars but you have to factor in that it is not that quick nowadays and also goes through rear tyres every 3000 miles. That's 4 sets per year at $400 each time.....

Regards
Andy

IamAnoobieCheez
06-14-2006, 04:24 PM
zakelwe, thanks for posting the link. Very nice looking NSX they got there but.......

You need to understand that the NSX is not for everyone. I'm not saying you all should buy this car, are ya crazy? I know not all of us are rich. This car is for those who actually have money. The car is so well made and it is a very special car. The premium price is obvious. Those who "know" about the NSX and have the passion wanting to drive this car are willing to pay the premium. The only guy who does understand my point is mikenam. He has the vision and concept.

The main reasons those passionate people(including myself) why they want to have this car are:

- Styling
- State-of-the Art Handling
- Cutting-edge parts(titanium connecting rods, one of the examples) and build quality
- Limited Production (like what mikenam has said)

When you buy this car you sure damn better be prepared to pay big bucks when it's time for service maintenance. Were you expecting to pay 100 bucks for replacing tires???? Were you assuming I wasn't planning on spending money on maintenance after buying this expensive car???

How many times do I need to repeat that "i'm not all out for power". I said it over and over and over. I also said power isn't everything. I can take this car and manage to beat much higher HP/Torque rated car in the corners and catch em up. The driving technique, or should I say... "racing technique" also comes into play. And I also told you if I want really good power I go get a drag racing american muscle car that can pull less than 9 sec/ quarter mile. It depends on what you want to use it for.

Yup, 290HP is enough for this car. It's about as fast(in straight acceleration) as a Corvette and has much better ride and handling. I can always "soup" up the engine later if I want to. Stop..... dissing the NSX.

IamAnoobieCheez
06-14-2006, 04:45 PM
My options are either I can purchase a brand new 295HP Infiniti G35 Coupe 6spd RIGHT NOW, or wait 10 months and purchase a mint conditioned low mileage 2002 or 2003 NSX-T for around $50k.

Torin
06-14-2006, 04:46 PM
How about an M45?

IamAnoobieCheez
06-14-2006, 04:52 PM
How about an M45?
i know.. :D I was thinking about the M35 and the M45. But I think those a little too luxury for my taste even though I'm an Infiniti owner currently. :) Man.. that M35 is fast... seen the specs?

IamAnoobieCheez
06-15-2006, 05:32 PM
That looks awefully pretty. :D

Honda NSX pic taken in Sweden.
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1054/p1010026sized4qw.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6559/im0051572sized3bu.jpg

illmatik
06-15-2006, 07:43 PM
Personally, if I was in this type of purchase position.. Real Estate would be #1 because home equity could afford me any type of ride. then, for the car portion, at that price range, I'd probably go for a rare project ride. Something like a '78-'79 Porsche 930 or the special order 930 slantnose. Easy engine to work on/mod/swap, and that angry ass stance with whaletail, essences lost on later model 911s that I feel contributed to some boring looking (although still quick as a whip) lines later on.

I've had the opportunity to drive and ride in a couple of nsx's. I dont have a bad thing to say about the car. Definately unique, drives and handles like a dream.. great sound too..

But for me, I'd rather go with a rarely seen classic (in my area at least) with an unmistakable sound, look, and power (most 78-80 models are pushing round 300hp or more depending on series which can easily be boosted or replaced with a newer sickarse motor)

Plus depending on your age and where you live, you could probably get a much better insurance rate on a 930 since its approaching classic/antique status, although financing might negate all of that.

just my $0.00000002 if I was as fortunate to be in your shoes right now :)

IamAnoobieCheez
06-15-2006, 08:07 PM
thanks for the thoughtful comment.

oh man I like that 1960's Shelby Cobra. Now that's classic! a killer design in my opinion. I would like to have one.. but I feel a little too young to have classic cars. I'll be turning 30 this month.:D

comrad
06-19-2006, 12:22 AM
My options are either I can purchase a brand new 295HP Infiniti G35 Coupe 6spd RIGHT NOW, or wait 10 months and purchase a mint conditioned low mileage 2002 or 2003 NSX-T for around $50k.
Wait... Trust me man, around my area there are like 50 G35's... I am glad I sold mine, it is a very nice car but it is not unique and it wasn't that fun to drive...

I am also in the market for a new car, I will probably end up getting a new truck or new SUV. But if I were to buy a car right now, it would be the Evo... Damn I love it so much...

IamAnoobieCheez
06-19-2006, 04:21 AM
Wait... Trust me man, around my area there are like 50 G35's... I am glad I sold mine, it is a very nice car but it is not unique and it wasn't that fun to drive...

I am also in the market for a new car, I will probably end up getting a new truck or new SUV. But if I were to buy a car right now, it would be the Evo... Damn I love it so much...
oh.. if I understand it right you mean the G35's aren't unique and fun to drive? :D if so, I think I agree too.. When the G35's(especially the coupe) first came out I had really good impression about them and felt like it's an awesome car to have but now days.. I too see G35's all over the place. It's almost everywhere. The "uniqueness" and "that special feeling" has gone away. :( I went to the infiniti dealer and looked at the brand new 06' G35 coupe 6MT and it looked sweet.. Looks well built and luxury and sporty, but I don't like the back view of the car and the dashboard seems to feel a little cheap. Looks like it's made of plastic. It's fully loaded and with the destination charge they want $40k.

I think I'm going to stick with the NSX.. It's just... beautiful :D and unique. I just gotta have that car.. The one that was posted in the first page has already been sold by someone. There is a silver one that's in mint condition and is available at the BMW dealer(some couple traded it in for a new sedan BMW model due to more space). That NSX looks just so nice. I want it I want it.

Torin
06-19-2006, 06:04 AM
i know.. :D I was thinking about the M35 and the M45. But I think those a little too luxury for my taste even though I'm an Infiniti owner currently. :) Man.. that M35 is fast... seen the specs?
Yeah, they're quick... not like EVO quick, but they're fast enought to have fun in. The M45 has the optional V8 on the sport trim, which adds an extra 37 ponies, but probably not worth the cost difference. But, I will admit, while I see G35s everywhere, I've seen maybe 1 or 2 M45s at most, making it much more unique.

But, the NSX is certainly unique in it's own right.

Personally, I'd take an STI or EVO any day over a $50k car, and mod the crap out of it with the extra change. :)

[XC] leviathan18
06-19-2006, 06:38 AM
evo mr fq420 any day 420 awhp and 3.5sec 0-60mph

Slayer2k3
06-19-2006, 09:44 AM
i have been digging through my millions of pics since I posted in this thread, and I finally found what I was looking for.

THE hottest NSX IMO EVAR!!!!!

It was for sale a few years back in Japan.

.........can you say FULL carbon fiber? C'mon, try it, you can do it! I have faith!

http://www.nelp.net/slayer/xs/50828797.jpg
http://www.nelp.net/slayer/xs/50829382.jpg
http://www.nelp.net/slayer/xs/50829483.jpg

IamAnoobieCheez
06-19-2006, 09:55 AM
holly crap...

it's all carbon fiber. :eek:

ok i want dat. :)

j/k.. that's gotta be very expensive.. looks like one of the lightest and fastest NSX it seems..

Torin
06-19-2006, 10:39 AM
I'd imagine a full carbon fiber body kit for an NSX would run somewhere in the realm of $10K-20K, depending on how complex the design is. I can see some full body custom carbon fiber kits costing in excess of $20K.

But that is one sexy NSX.

A stock 2005 NSX weighs in right around 3100lbs, I'd imagine that would trim off around 700 or so pounds. Not that many people do it from what I've seen, but the NSX could be a very fun car to "trick out". :)

Edit: I love the spoiler and headlights, definitely adds to the "race car" look.

comrad
06-19-2006, 01:09 PM
I'd imagine a full carbon fiber body kit for an NSX would run somewhere in the realm of $10K-20K, depending on how complex the design is. I can see some full body custom carbon fiber kits costing in excess of $20K.

But that is one sexy NSX.

A stock 2005 NSX weighs in right around 3100lbs, I'd imagine that would trim off around 700 or so pounds. Not that many people do it from what I've seen, but the NSX could be a very fun car to "trick out". :)

Edit: I love the spoiler and headlights, definitely adds to the "race car" look.
20k? Im thinking alot more... Carbon Fiber is very expensive and to get your whole car CF, the only way would if it was custom made.

Torin
06-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Well, I was mainly thinking about just the body panels, not necessarily the entire car.

[XC] leviathan18
06-19-2006, 03:54 PM
thats too much i cant believe they did the whole thing in carbon thats a lot of money i think way more than 20k impressive (anyone knows the price of this baby ? )

Z3r0
06-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Best nsx?:confused:

http://www.6park.com/enter7/messages/gvk21098.html

[XC] leviathan18
06-19-2006, 05:54 PM
lol that cheater xD

Slayer2k3
06-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Best nsx?:confused:

http://www.6park.com/enter7/messages/gvk21098.html

Dang, I haven't seen anyone bring that up in quite a while lol. mad props though for the glass work.

Also, one cannot forget the JGTC, and GT class entry cars. Mainly, my favorite, the ARTA NSX.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/default.aspx?carID=5960&optionID=0

http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/minoru_k/imgs/e/4/e46933dd.jpg

shigs
06-20-2006, 01:15 PM
nsx owns!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2949919259744802395

any1 that can dispute about the absolute brilliance of honda's engineering with the nsx really needs 2 watch the above link

also that bmw m3 csl owns!!!

shigs

[XC] leviathan18
06-20-2006, 03:29 PM
thank you very much for that video awesome really

Soulburner
06-20-2006, 04:19 PM
nsx owns!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2949919259744802395

any1 that can dispute about the absolute brilliance of honda's engineering with the nsx really needs 2 watch the above link

also that bmw m3 csl owns!!!

shigs
Very impressive. The Murcielago is one of my favorite cars from Europe.

What did the NSX have for upgrades?

I noticed the NSX driver took the turns better than the Lambo driver though, like how I would take them in Gran Turismo. The Murcielago wasn't using the apex of the turn to keep his speed up and make as straight of a line as possible out of the turns.

Slayer2k3
06-20-2006, 04:33 PM
That's an Best Motoring dvd rip, with some horrible boring sounding voice-over lol.

I have the full thing on my rig, I'll see if i can make a better version. The dvd also had a segment with the NSX.

[XC] leviathan18
06-20-2006, 05:46 PM

I noticed the NSX driver took the turns better than the Lambo driver though, like how I would take them in Gran Turismo. The Murcielago wasn't using the apex of the turn to keep his speed up and make as straight of a line as possible out of the turns.

the NSX is TYPE R even if the lambo drivers sux they have far better cars awd and all that stuff 12v more HP more torque more everything but they cant catch the NSX in the turns..... im not even going to talk about the ferrari porsche and m3 cars.. they were behind by a mile

Soulburner
06-21-2006, 02:06 AM
the NSX is TYPE R even if the lambo drivers sux they have far better cars awd and all that stuff 12v more HP more torque more everything but they cant catch the NSX in the turns..... im not even going to talk about the ferrari porsche and m3 cars.. they were behind by a mile
I'm not saying he "sucked" just he could have been "better". Swap the two drivers around and I bet the Murcielago pulls out of sight of the NSX...

shigs
06-21-2006, 02:15 AM

all cars where stock i belive, but if u notice pretty much all the drivers commented on how fast the nsx is in the corners a fact which im sure we all knew ;)

shigs
06-21-2006, 02:17 AM

i thought the m3 csl done excellent! also bear in mind its well under half the price of the 2nd cheapest car on the track, but i agree with the ferrari, the driver must be very poor in that car as it should of done alot better

ooeric
06-23-2006, 07:41 AM
Thanks amd4me, i checked out one of the sites and found this -- http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?rdpage=thumb&car_id=199661952&dealer_id=57702026&car_year=2002&mod_bookmark_id=null&search_type=used&make=ACURA&distance=0&model=NSX&address=46256&certified=&advanced=&max_price=&bkms=1149812289099&min_price=&first_record=51&end_year=2007&start_year=1981&isp=y&pager.offset=50&lang=&cardist=658

2002 Acura NSX-T 6 spd manual. It's... yellow with black interior :D
Mileage @ 24,000. The price taggie of $49,500. :eek:

I didn't anticipate pay this much of money.. well, I said what the heck... I applied for a pre-approved loan and guess what...... It got approved!! Two banks are fighting to get me a better offer. :eek:

An email will be sent with more information on offering. Oh weeeee.... I don't know what to do... That car is so sweet for me to turn down.. Titanium rods with sophisticated VTEC engine.. 0-to-60 in 4.9 sek... 13 sec quarter mile and top end of 175mph yikes.......

i dont wanna sound like i flame. and i didnt read any of the posts
if your gonna pay that much for an NSX.

why not just buy a brand new corvette? they run in the same price range

and the corvette... is just better

[XC] leviathan18
06-23-2006, 08:11 AM
ok i can show you a video nsx ferrari skyline gtr porsche and vette and the nsx kick the ass of the vette pretty easly the nsx is a turning machine even the new civic si is faster in the slalom than the vette

IamAnoobieCheez
06-23-2006, 10:58 AM
The Murcielago is too heavy to make widers turns to use the apex in the tight S curves. If you do it the same way the NSX driver did the momentum on the Murcielago will pull the car off to the side and endup getting slower time. That is why the Lambo driver had to use the different method in the curves. The race drivers ain't stupid. He knows what he is doing and used the best method that is best for "x" car. These guys know how to race, not like amateur newbs. :) With the NSX being lighter and better handling, the car has much quicker responses when turning. That is why he is able to make a wider turns and use the apex to maintain highest speed possible in the curves.

as for the Corvette thingie, no thank you. I want a real car, not corvette..

Slayer2k3
06-23-2006, 11:48 AM
ok i can show you a video nsx ferrari skyline gtr porsche and vette and the nsx kick the ass of the vette pretty easly the nsx is a turning machine even the new civic si is faster in the slalom than the vette

Post it if you're gonna mention it. ;) It also depends on the Porsche. I doubt the NSX could hang with a GT2, or GT3. Boxster, hell, an STI can whip that lol.

IamAnoobieCheez
06-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Oh and sorry I forgot to thank shigs for the great video clip..

That's an Best Motoring dvd rip, with some horrible boring sounding voice-over lol.

I have the full thing on my rig, I'll see if i can make a better version. The dvd also had a segment with the NSX.
Could you send us a full video clip? I would appreciate that.

[XC] leviathan18
06-23-2006, 12:47 PM
i said the nsx beat the vette not the other cars

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6023510595639884890

comrad
06-23-2006, 04:08 PM
i dont wanna sound like i flame. and i didnt read any of the posts
if your gonna pay that much for an NSX.

why not just buy a brand new corvette? they run in the same price range

and the corvette... is just better
Can you tell me how it is better? Its faster. Thats all. Its handling sucks, its not as reliable as the NSX, its heavier, its front engine, and it is way to common. The NSX is a very unique car, unlike the vette.

charlie
06-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Can you tell me how it is better? Its faster. Thats all. Its handling sucks, its not as reliable as the NSX, its heavier, its front engine, and it is way to common. The NSX is a very unique car, unlike the vette.

not true. The C6 generation Vette is a world class car that runs with the BEST. I believe a C6 Vette will destroy a last generation NSX. And probably not even CLOSE.

wanna see 0-200mph in a z06? Put your diaper on.

http://www.motortrend.com/av/112_0606_sf_2006_chevrolet_corvette_z06_video/

Soulburner
06-23-2006, 04:59 PM
A comparison of the two cars in question...

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2334/

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/new/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/38100/

And whoever says the Vettes are heavy and can't handle, needs to get their head out of their ass and stop waving their Honda fanboy flags around...

charlie
06-23-2006, 05:18 PM

And whoever says the Vettes are heavy and can't handle, needs to get their head out of their ass and stop waving their Honda fanboy flags around...

:woot: me n soulburner rockin' old-skool... small block chevies and nitrous=chicken soup for the soul.

C

[XC] leviathan18
06-23-2006, 05:45 PM
find 2 good drivers a circuit with lots of turns and see the vette failing behind the nsx... why dont accept it keeps up with 2 lambos a ferrari a bmw the video i posted the vette was the last one

nice straight car but i said before nothing is straight this world is made of curves

IamAnoobieCheez
06-23-2006, 06:32 PM
yes, I don't want a car that is only best in straight road.

charlie, could you please side with me? Why don't you help me out huh? I thought you a nice guy:hump:

[XC] leviathan18
06-23-2006, 06:36 PM
if it were my choice i would go mitsu evo mr fq420 that little thing is beast accelerates faster than the gallardo 3.5 0-60mph top speed 285km/h it handles like a formula only problem you only can get it in uk

IamAnoobieCheez
06-23-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm definitely going to wait to get an NSX and then later on I will put on a supercharger(it's very expensive though, for NSX) to give a nice boost of 70 meaningful horsepower :)

charlie
06-23-2006, 08:00 PM
yes, I don't want a car that is only best in straight road.

charlie, could you please side with me? Why don't you help me out huh? I thought you a nice guy:hump:

ok... if we're judging speed thru a corner, the NSX may beat the Vette by a bit. But on a real racetrack with straights, turns and such... the power will win.

[XC] leviathan18
06-23-2006, 08:12 PM

really?

charlie
06-23-2006, 08:41 PM

really?

lol... that's an old vette, not even the current generation. The new ones are closer to race cars... and the base model has +50hp from that video... the Z06 vette challenges ferrari's and Lambo's.

comrad
06-23-2006, 09:42 PM

One of my close friends has the new Vette ZO6... My cousins Mitsu Evo smokes it around turns like nothing.

charlie
06-23-2006, 10:27 PM
One of my close friends has the new Vette ZO6... My cousins Mitsu Evo smokes it around turns like nothing.

and when it gets OUT of the turn?

comrad
06-23-2006, 11:03 PM
and when it gets OUT of the turn?
It catches up :yawn:

Soulburner
06-24-2006, 01:54 AM
Funny cause I don't see Mitsubishi smoking the Corvettes in LeMans...and there are "plenty" of turns there. For 24 hours. Oh wait you wouldn't find an NSX there, it would overheat...my bad.

I'm not saying the NSX isn't a good car, it's just that you guys are making the Corvette out to be a lot worse than it really is. What do you guys drive that you can bash on a car like that anyway?

[XC] leviathan18
06-24-2006, 04:39 AM
i have a mitsu galant 02 here it costs 40k$ im goign to buy next year a STI that here costs around 60k$ i could buy a very sweet car with this money in usa but is pretty expensive to import cars......

comrad
06-24-2006, 06:32 AM
Funny cause I don't see Mitsubishi smoking the Corvettes in LeMans...and there are "plenty" of turns there. For 24 hours. Oh wait you wouldn't find an NSX there, it would overheat...my bad.

I'm not saying the NSX isn't a good car, it's just that you guys are making the Corvette out to be a lot worse than it really is. What do you guys drive that you can bash on a car like that anyway?
Just sold my Infiniti G35.

Oh and I dont wanna make the corvette sound like a bad car, its very good. Very good price for its power and looks. But I just am not a fan of the car itself. It is to common.

IamAnoobieCheez
06-24-2006, 02:53 PM
uh oh..

I think I maybe be able to buy an NSX right now.

It's a nice one! Mint condition, low mileage, and has been maintained by the car collector and fully inspected by the dealer. It's a 91' NSX red, blk interior, 5spd and has 33k miles. I'm hoping to pay around $35.5k (with everything, tax included). However, the problem is that the dealer is 2286 miles away from where I live. The shipping cost is additonal $2000. The shipping seems to be a bit too expensive don't ya think:stick: Could somebody lend me some money please?

oh my God.... just for the fun of it, today I went to one of the local dealers and looked at the 91' red NSX myself and oh wow... It couldn't get any prettier. The car has the lovely design. I was like "ooooohhhhhhhhh.. *drools*"

IamAnoobieCheez
06-24-2006, 06:33 PM
I just got through talking with the sales manager from the dealer at Oregon and he has accepted my request of $33,500. Add salex tax and comes out $35,510 which I'm planning to pay. I got two options for shipping:

1. I go fly down there and drive my baby NSX home, it's 2286 miles.

2. Instead of using the dealer's shipping service, the manager recommended me a couple of places where I can get my baby shipped for a lot cheaper, around $750.

I'm not sure if I can drive 2286 miles....

babalouj
06-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Its definitely worth it to ship the car. 2300 miles is alot for a car with only 33000 miles on it. 1 oil change + 1 plane ticket + 8 tanks of gas = more than $750. I have shipped cars before and it is very convenient.

IamAnoobieCheez
06-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Its definitely worth it to ship the car. 2300 miles is alot for a car with only 33000 miles on it. 1 oil change + 1 plane ticket + 8 tanks of gas = more than $750. I have shipped cars before and it is very convenient.
thanks babalouj, I'll go with the route you suggested. If it was just 800 miles.. I buy that.. but not 2300 miles. I'll keep looking to see if I can find the best deal for shipping service. Eric(sales manager) recommended me to try United Road and Auto Transporters.. Time to search. :)

[XC] leviathan18
06-24-2006, 08:56 PM
wow finally you will have the car you love :toast: keep us posted with tons of pics specially the interior i havent seen one inside :p:

good choice to have it shiped

IamAnoobieCheez
06-24-2006, 09:32 PM
wow finally you will have the car you love :toast: keep us posted with tons of pics specially the interior i havent seen one inside :p:

good choice to have it shiped
thanks for the cheers. I'm very excited... I must have this car :D I will surely post lots of pics once I get it.. I'm gonna start getting paperwork and funding processed on Monday and may take some time to get it shipped.. oh I can't wait :D

Soulburner
06-25-2006, 05:53 PM
NSX to Ferrari conversion...

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=54674&t=54674

breakfromyou
06-26-2006, 04:19 AM
that video of the old base model corvette is crappy.

your friend has a new Z06? and an evo outperforms it? somebody must not know how to drive. the new Z06's are f**king insane.

for $50k, id wait a year or two, and get a used BMW M5, the new ones with the V10. or just get an older one with the 400hp V8...still awesome cars. quick in a straight line, around corners, AND has a bonkable back seat. <3 sedans.

Soulburner
06-26-2006, 03:18 PM
The C6 Z06 has a 505hp LS7 engine and handles like its nearly on rails...no stock EVO is going to come anywhere near that car.

Check out that link I posted. Asians are crazy...they custom built a Ferrari look-alike by making their own body panels. The end result is awesome, although it's still an NSX underneath that "F50" shell. That and the rear is enormous...I prefer my "curvy car" over that box any day.

p360stick
06-26-2006, 04:46 PM
evo has nothing on ZO6

[XC] leviathan18
06-26-2006, 05:43 PM
evo MR FQ-420 will kick it i bet everything i have.....

IamAnoobieCheez
06-26-2006, 06:29 PM
The best I was able to find deal was $905 for shipping. mm.... not too bad.

So I should be able to officially purchase this NSX tomorrow. The funding and lots of paper work have been sent.. Hopefully the car will get picked up within a couple of days and will take at least 7 days to get it delivered to my front door... This NSX is beautiful. :D

Tanktanium
06-26-2006, 06:46 PM
uh oh..

I think I maybe be able to buy an NSX right now.

It's a nice one! Mint condition, low mileage, and has been maintained by the car collector and fully inspected by the dealer. It's a 91' NSX red, blk interior, 5spd and has 33k miles. I'm hoping to pay around $35.5k (with everything, tax included). However, the problem is that the dealer is 2286 miles away from where I live. The shipping cost is additonal $2000. The shipping seems to be a bit too expensive don't ya think:stick: Could somebody lend me some money please?

oh my God.... just for the fun of it, today I went to one of the local dealers and looked at the 91' red NSX myself and oh wow... It couldn't get any prettier. The car has the lovely design. I was like "ooooohhhhhhhhh.. *drools*"

Why don't you just fly out there and drive it back? A friend of mine works for an Acura dealer and someone ordered a new NSX from japan last year, and he drove it from St. Louis to Denver to deliver it to the customer.

IamAnoobieCheez
06-26-2006, 07:13 PM
the one-way plane ticket they want $650. To drive my baby back you're looking at least what.. 3~ 4 full tanks of gas? and hotel/motel? not only that but also putting lots of mileage on my baby, i don't know....... that's too much I think.

charlie
06-26-2006, 08:40 PM
the one-way plane ticket they want $650. To drive my baby back you're looking at least what.. 3~ 4 full tanks of gas? and hotel/motel? not only that but also putting lots of mileage on my baby, i don't know....... that's too much I think.

congrats!!!! Take lots of pics when you get her!!

Soulburner
06-27-2006, 02:16 AM
I agree I wouldn't want to be putting that many miles on it. Although, it would be a good bonding experience.

Rippthrough
06-27-2006, 06:21 AM
What's the point in buying a car if your not going to drive it far? :stick: :slap:

jimwah
06-27-2006, 07:32 AM
Enjoy that new motor IamAnoobieCheez!! I'd love to get a powerful Japanese or German car in the future, I've always liked the NSX - quite understated & I don't see very many of them. Looking forward to the pics :D

IamAnoobieCheez
06-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Thanks guys for the cheers.:) You guys have been very helpful. Always have been.. :)

Torin
06-27-2006, 12:08 PM
I'd drive it. What's 2000 miles on a car you're going to put 25 times that? Plus, like someone said, it's a good bonding experience.

IamAnoobieCheez
06-27-2006, 05:34 PM
the deposit was already made to the carrier. The good news is that they tried to pickup my NSX tonight lol.. quicker than I expected. But the paperwork is still being processed on the car and the salesman said it should get ready by tomorrow. My carrier will try picking it up tomorrow. :)

as for driving home.. 2300 miles is too much... I don't want my car paint get chipped off by flying rocks and debris.. so I strongly prefer to get it shipped. If it was only 800 miles I would be happy to drive home :D screaming at 170 mph lol j/k..

and I'll also be keeping my 95' Infiniti G20. It's got 130k miles on it. It's still in good condition and it runs like an healthy ox...

IamAnoobieCheez
06-30-2006, 09:48 AM
The car will be here this Monday or Tuesday :D :D :D

oh I'm so excited! :D

[XC] leviathan18
06-30-2006, 09:52 AM
remember the interior pic please :p: engine pics and outside pics and track pics vids etc xD

GGK
07-02-2006, 02:30 PM
I always thought nsx's were cool but i would want a car with some heritage.
and for the money i would take a r34 skyline or evo 6 or 4 or even like a modified c6 z06 corvette or maybe katechs ls7 camero.
this is just me but 90k new is redonkulous ad they dont even have a real racing heritage.

vudoodoodoo
07-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Congrats on the buy. It's a nice car. NSX is one of my favorite cars of all time. It's styling is a classic that doesnt get "old" even though the design has been around for 10+ years.
As for heritage, Honda has been making engines for race cars for a long time. That's why the NSX has a nice high revving engine. :)
I'd take an NSX over an R34 anyday. Stock vs stock, the NSX is a better all around car. Plus the R34 is ugly. I prefer the R33 looks over the R34 myself lol. ;)
Anyways, have fun w/ the new car.
Get a Grouppe (sp?) M supercharger. ;)

charlie
07-02-2006, 11:17 PM
can you sleep at night?

ibby
07-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Personally, I do like the NSX, you can do so much to the engine to increase bhp, New cams, High compression pistons, even Turbo'ing is a option.

If i had the money id spend it on the nsx.

as for the corvett, I am sure i have an old vid here that shows a corvett getting blown out of the water by a 92b16a with some minor mods....

if i find it, ill post it.

IamAnoobieCheez
07-03-2006, 04:38 AM
Thanks for the comments guys.

I too have respect for Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R. It does have the reputation and is also known to be one of the top notchers but I just don't really like the design. It's too "sedan-ish" modified look. Like the other gentleman said the R33 looks nicer. It has more of originality. I loved it when the first Skyline R33 came out and read some reviews about it back in 1991. But the NSX.. oh..:D you can feel racing bred! The NSX looks like... NSX.:D

can you sleep at night?
No I can't..:( For the last two nights I'm having difficulty sleeping. Hopefully it'll come today, if not they said tomorrow.:)

IamAnoobieCheez
07-05-2006, 11:06 AM
okie I'm *pretty* pissed. :)

I just got a call from the transport service and they hit a deer on the way. The truck is totalled they said and needs to be repaired. They are stuck in Montana(!!!!????!!!). They haven't even driven much and they hit a deer and the truck gets totalled?? How could a 18-wheel truck get totalled? Is the deer made of solid steel or something, something as heavy as a 60 ton tiger tank? yeah right. I just... don't buy this. They said they'll have to figure out what they're going to do about it and give me a call back. Don't they have emergency backup plan for this?? it suppose to be arrived here two days ago and they're still in Montana. I'm not having a good day. :(

I don't want to start making the car payment and insurance when I don't even have a car.

Movieman
07-05-2006, 11:13 AM
okie I'm *pretty* pissed. :)

I just got a call from the transport service and they hit a deer on the way. The truck is totalled they said and needs to be repaired. They are stuck in Montana(!!!!????!!!). They haven't even driven much and they hit a deer and the truck gets totalled?? How could a 18-wheel truck get totalled? Is the deer made of solid steel or something, something as heavy as a 60 ton tiger tank? yeah right. I just... don't buy this. They said they'll have to figure out what they're going to do about it and give me a call back. Don't they have emergency backup plan for this?? it suppose to be arrived here two days ago and they're still in Montana. I'm not having a good day. :(
Patience my friend! Sit back and know that you will have one of the truly top cars ever built!;)
I liked them from the first time I saw a pre release pic in Hot Rod magazine years ago and they got it right the first time.
Go catch a movie or jump...ahh, well maybe take the gf out..:D

Another option would be to hit the local car parts store and get some good wax,cleaners,etc..a nice way to take your mind off of this.

Torin
07-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Go turbo shopping!

Yes, about the deer, I'm puzzled. I mean, it might total some 2000 pound coupe, but a semi? SuperDeer shall be missed.

What do you plan to do with the car, mod-wise? Personally, I'd keep the exterior as close to stock as possible, put some nice looking rims on it (not shiny-nice... design-nice), throw a turbo (or supercharger) in there, the regular set of bolt-ons and see how it goes. Eventually you might start upgrading the internal engine components, but I wouldn't at first. Might as well drive it close to stock for a while so you can appreciate what you'd get out of new cam shafts and whatnot. :)

IamAnoobieCheez
07-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Patience my friend! Sit back and know that you will have one of the truly top cars ever built!;)
I liked them from the first time I saw a pre release pic in Hot Rod magazine years ago and they got it right the first time.
Go catch a movie or jump...ahh, well maybe take the gf out..:D

Another option would be to hit the local car parts store and get some good wax,cleaners,etc..a nice way to take your mind off of this.
I've been waiting so hard and trouble sleeping. I'm wearing out now... and now I get this *delay* oh great.. yea but thanks for the cheer up. I appreciate it :) as for the wax and cleaning supply.. I have a good one. It's a Meiguar's Professional Glaze #29 I believe(they got different versions) but this one is by far one of the best I've used. :)

Go turbo shopping!

Yes, about the deer, I'm puzzled. I mean, it might total some 2000 pound coupe, but a semi? SuperDeer shall be missed.

What do you plan to do with the car, mod-wise? Personally, I'd keep the exterior as close to stock as possible, put some nice looking rims on it (not shiny-nice... design-nice), throw a turbo (or supercharger) in there, the regular set of bolt-ons and see how it goes. Eventually you might start upgrading the internal engine components, but I wouldn't at first. Might as well drive it close to stock for a while so you can appreciate what you'd get out of new cam shafts and whatnot. :)
yea it has to be some monstrous giant armored deer or something. ya know.. the 18wheel truck is made strong.. it should squash that deer like nothing. Get that deer out of my way!!!

Yes I like it nice and clean, highly professional look. No fancy stuff like decals, turbo wings, etc. Some body kits makes the front of the NSX look rather ugly. I like to keep it original as possible. The car I'm getting is all original, original wheels and everything. Yes I would like to drive it stock as is for a while and then later on I will put on a supercharger along with other ingredients i.e. Cold air intake, racing headers, but... I don't want to go too loud on the exhaust. I like it quiet. The wheels.. hehe! right now I'm looking around some good wheels(professional racing wheels that are super light). My expectation is to keep each wheel under 13 lbs@ 17 x 7.5~8. These are expensive stuff.. could range from $500~ 1000 per wheel. I want something classy and stylish but not too fancy. :)

Torin
07-05-2006, 12:38 PM
I'd keep it all stock on the experior, short of the rims. I don't think I've ever seen a car that had stock rims that looked worth keeping. Unless you're going for a true sleeper, what's the point?

I agree on the body kit... the NSX looks good by itself, especially the stock spoiler.

This going to be even remotely a daily driver? :) I wouldn't put expensive tires on anything except a track car. I'd probably spend $200-$300 per tire at most for "daily use", and keep a set of racing tires for the track and/or fun.

How good is the stock exhaust and intake? Might be able to keep it permanently stock if the difference between that an aftermarket components doesn't offer much. A factory "racing" exhaust and intake probably wouldn't be but a handful of HP short of aftermarket cold air intake and catback exhaust, not worth it IMO if you want to keep the stock sound.

Which of course all goes out the window if you start replacing the headers and any internals. :) At which point, go balls to the wall!

Personally, I like the "buffed aluminum" look... a very dull metal look as opposed to this shiny, glossy chrome :banana::banana::banana::banana: that everyone has nowadays. I'd never disgrace a car by putting chrome anything on it. :-/

IamAnoobieCheez
07-05-2006, 02:32 PM
I'd keep it all stock on the experior, short of the rims. I don't think I've ever seen a car that had stock rims that looked worth keeping. Unless you're going for a true sleeper, what's the point?

I agree on the body kit... the NSX looks good by itself, especially the stock spoiler.

This going to be even remotely a daily driver? :) I wouldn't put expensive tires on anything except a track car. I'd probably spend $200-$300 per tire at most for "daily use", and keep a set of racing tires for the track and/or fun.

How good is the stock exhaust and intake? Might be able to keep it permanently stock if the difference between that an aftermarket components doesn't offer much. A factory "racing" exhaust and intake probably wouldn't be but a handful of HP short of aftermarket cold air intake and catback exhaust, not worth it IMO if you want to keep the stock sound.

Which of course all goes out the window if you start replacing the headers and any internals. :) At which point, go balls to the wall!

Personally, I like the "buffed aluminum" look... a very dull metal look as opposed to this shiny, glossy chrome :banana::banana::banana::banana: that everyone has nowadays. I'd never disgrace a car by putting chrome anything on it. :-/
Torin, I would have to say Amen to you. :) I totally agree with you about not suggesting the fancy chrome wheels. The NSX is too good to have chrome wheels I think. Chromes, depending on cars makes it look rather "cheap". I too want the silver-like dull or titanium(one that has more textures and is not so shiny) looking wheels. :)

I have also seen quite a few other NSX owners have their wheels sticking out(too much off-set) of the body a little bit. I hate that... makes the NSX look "un-natural". I want wheels tugged in, but only slightly an half inch offset, just like the NSX engineers did starting at 2002(IIRC) models. It's almost "perfect". I can definintely tell you have the taste! a man with passion. Yeah obviously I can't do all these sweet mods right now but later on.. :)

vudoodoodoo
07-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Please no chrome on the NSX.
Gunmetal w/ polished lip ftw.

IamAnoobieCheez
07-05-2006, 02:46 PM
I just found out a little more info about the wreakage. The transport carrier wasn't driving the 18-wheeler, it's a Dodge RAM pickup truck!!.. with a trailer behind it. It carries 3~ 4 cars. No wonder the truck got totalled when it hit a pretty deer. And they are not sure if my car is damaged or not. They can't confirm it till tomorrow. I will be waiting for a call and it has better be NOT damaged. Now I'm really worried. :mad:

Update: The guy at the office says that the truck hit a deer and ran into a ditch in Montana. This happened at night. This is all he knows atm. He says he will need another day to find out if my car is damaged or not.

If the truck gets hit and run into a ditch, wouldn't the trailer fall into the ditch as well???? wouldn't the trailer fall to the side or flip over??

They're trying to get with their insurance company to look at the truck and the cars. He didn't tell me anything more. He will know more tomorrow or later.

I am extremely pissed. :)

[XC] leviathan18
07-06-2006, 07:13 PM
OMG if something happened to the NSX i'll go to kick his ass really instead of using real truck to transport you baby....

Torin
07-07-2006, 05:57 AM
I am extremely pissed. :)
Wow, that really sucks.

Who is responsible for any damage to the car if damaged in transit? I assume the shipping company?

Now you know why shipping was so cheap... dodge ram pickup, plah.

IamAnoobieCheez
07-07-2006, 06:10 AM
Yeah I've been feeling very depressed about it. It must be a small trucking company. They assign to other trucking companies to actually transport my car, and this company uses Dodge Ram?? They do have insurance and fully covered but if my car is severely damaged and they fix it, I don't want the car. I don't want to be driving a car that was already damaged and all patched up, you know what I mean? I want my money back. Let's just seriously hope that my car is allright. If the trailer didn't fall to the side there is a better chance the cars maybe okay since they all are very well secured to the trailer. I'm waiting for an answer today. It's very early over there so maybe this late afternoon I should be getting a call or I'll call them. What makes me upset is that the driver didn't really check out the cars to see if they're allright and he just left. If I was the driver at least I would check the cars myself. They didn't say if the trailer fell or flip over or hit a tree or anything. I won't know till they call me. :(

Torin
07-07-2006, 06:20 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't want it either. You bought a pristine car, not a rebuilt car.

I hope it works out for you, but I can imagine how you're feeling now... can't help but assume the worst. Just hope the ditch wasn't very big. In all likeliness though, if the truck swerved to avoid hitting the deer, hit the deer and went into the ditch, it most likely did not flip on it's side or top, mainly because it would have that huge ass trailer keeping it upright. I'd imagine the trailer is also upright, and is probably almost completely level. The weight of 4 cars and the trailer would bend/warp the truck's bumper severely if the truck went "down" into the ditch, but I don't think the weight of the truck is nearly enough to cause the trailer to flip on it's side though... I'd think it would snap the connection between the truck and trailer before that happened.

IamAnoobieCheez
07-07-2006, 06:35 AM
yea what you say make a lot of sense. Let's hope that the cars are allright. Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. I'll keep ya posted for the updates.

[XC] leviathan18
07-07-2006, 07:02 AM
omg hope nothing happened to that nsx how they cant tell you about the car their priority are the cars not the truck the driver or the deer is the cars they are shipping...

charlie
07-07-2006, 09:13 AM
:(

good luck on the outcome!

Soulburner
07-07-2006, 03:23 PM
That sucks, but what if it means you have more mod-money coming? ;)

Also it sounds like you would be after a painted (gunmetal, silver, etc) or maybe a polished aluminum wheel since you aren't a big fan of the chrome look. Mine are polished aluminum.

vudoodoodoo
07-07-2006, 05:50 PM
OMG... those idiots didn't use a flatbed truck?

babalouj
07-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Any updates on what happened to the car? Did you finally get it?

IamAnoobieCheez
07-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Any updates on what happened to the car? Did you finally get it?
This damn trucking company is small and very un-organized. They don't have any kind of emergency backup when incidents like this happen. They said this is the first time they got an accident. Unfreakin-believable.

They still haven't reported if my car is even allright. This could take another week just to find out if my car is allright. :( I made a huge mistake purchasing a car from out-of-state especially being 2300 miles far.

IamAnoobieCheez
07-10-2006, 05:47 PM
and especially a guy like me who can't wait.. imagine how painful this is. If I *knew* this was gonna happen I would've either:

a). Rent a 70 ton tank and haul my NSX in a trailer. (I would've paid for high cost for renting a tank because I can't stand waiting) and look for any deers on the road and run all of them over.

or

b). Do not purchase a car from out of state. Either buy one from a local dealer or don't buy it at all.

Movieman
07-10-2006, 05:47 PM
This damn trucking company is small and very un-organized. They don't have any kind of emergency backup when incidents like this happen. They said this is the first time they got an accident. Unfreakin-believable.

They still haven't reported if my car is even allright. This could take another week just to find out if my car is allright. :( I made a huge mistake purchasing a car from out-of-state especially being 2300 miles far.
Grab a friend, get in the car and go there..Get your car and bring it home. The more time it is sitting there the more chance that it gets vandalized.
Time to get active on this my friend. Good Luck!

IamAnoobieCheez
07-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Grab a friend, get in the car and go there..Get your car and bring it home. The more time it is sitting there the more chance that it gets vandalized.
Time to get active on this my friend. Good Luck!
Yea, if I don't hear anything from them tomorrow I'm thinking about making a trip to where the truck was hit in Montana. I'll have to get address of where it's at exactly.

The office guy said their insurance person is coming to take a look at the truck on Monday, today. I don't know if this means they look at the truck on Monday or driving to the location where it happened.

vudoodoodoo
07-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Go pick it up. NOWZZZZZZZZZ.

Movieman
07-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Yea, if I don't hear anything from them tomorrow I'm thinking about making a trip to where the truck was hit in Montana. I'll have to get address of where it's at exactly.
Call your insurance company in the am, get a temp binder to cover it while you get it home and a set of temp plates for it. Under the ciircumstanses that shouldn't be difficult..or a buddy with a class 2 license? rent a ramp truck for $100.00/day to get it back..

Tanktanium
07-10-2006, 08:31 PM
and especially a guy like me who can't wait.. imagine how painful this is. If I *knew* this was gonna happen I would've either:

a). Rent a 70 ton tank and haul my NSX in a trailer. (I would've paid for high cost for renting a tank because I can't stand waiting) and look for any deers on the road and run all of them over.

or

b). Do not purchase a car from out of state. Either buy one from a local dealer or don't buy it at all.

Or c). Drive it back yourself...?

comrad
07-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Nothing wrong with using a Dodge Ram, my dad used to tow cars, he used a Dodge Ram 3500 with more than enough power to tow 3 cars at once. Many companies use regular pick-up trucks to tow cars. In an incident like this, any truck would swerve and fly in the ditch, a semi might even have a bigger chance of flipping...

But really, I hope your car is ok, its a very nice car and you don't want it damaged.

[XC] leviathan18
07-11-2006, 06:25 AM
if you are goin g to use the tank first run over the truck company

IamAnoobieCheez
07-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Update: I have a good news. :)

I have an official statement from the Insurance company. They looked at the cars yesterday and stated that my Acura NSX is completely totalled. The other cars are totalled too. The truck and the trailer flipped over many times. It was a big accident and was lucky that the driver survived.

I talked with the insurance person and she says that I should be getting all my money back for everything I paid for the car, including the transport cost. In addition, according to Montana's law they will be providing me with some financial assistence and the rental car even though I already have my Infiniti G20. So I will be getting more than what I paid for. I'm happy. :) I just gotta send out some paperwork to get the coverage processed. She will also send me an email for the pics of my wrecked NSX as well. I will post the pics before it left the car dealer and after the wreakage.

babalouj
07-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Now go find a local NSX!

comrad
07-11-2006, 03:26 PM
w00t! Hey, maybe this is a sign? Maybe you need to get some other car... I mean I love the NSX but maybe this is a sign from god telling you to look for a different car.... Hmmmmm..... *cough*Evo MR*cough*

G H Z
07-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Evo over an NSX, not on your life. Good news they had coverage, too bad for the NSX.

3oh6
07-11-2006, 03:51 PM
well, i haven't comemted yet but i have been watching this thread with baited anticipation to see how it turned out and i must say...you my firend are taking this very very well. i mean sure you get all your money back and a bit of a bonus to boot but still, having emotions thrown around like a yo-yo all this time and you seem to have just taken it all with a grain of salt. big ups to you for that and i am glad to hear you are happy with the outcome. i sure know i would have been going crazy and probably in montana right now if it was me.

it is a shame that a beatiful car has been destroyed but please don't let it deter you from finding another NSX as it is a fabolous machine and i couldn't think of a better way to dump a whole pile of paychecks ;)

best of luck on the new hunt, for whatever it is.

[XC] leviathan18
07-11-2006, 04:01 PM
lets congregate to kick those guys OMG a NSX destroyed.... blasfemy really.... well get a black one :D

IamAnoobieCheez
07-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Yea it's been driving me nuts and I was really running out patience.. been feeling horrible imagining what terrible things could happen. I felt relieved when I heard the result today. I felt much better.. my body got all relaxed.

yea, I gotta have NSX. Without it, I go crazy....

Once I get my money back I'm gonna save up more and buy more expensive NSX.. the newer model from a LOCAL dealer. I will not be making same mistake again. So I'll be back to 10+ months of waiting....

Thanks for your thoughtful comment, 3oh6. I appreciate it. :) Thank you all for understanding..

Movieman
07-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Kills me to hear the NSX is totalled but happy that your not losing any $$ on it! Find a better one, give me a call and I'll drive out with you to get the next one!;)

IamAnoobieCheez
07-11-2006, 04:12 PM
lets congregate to kick those guys OMG a NSX destroyed.... blasfemy really.... well get a black one :D
Yea I know what you mean.. I was thinking about that too. The driver could've handled it better instead of swarving all over and run into a ditch, but of course I don't know for sure how it happenend.. plus it was a late night. But I'm certainly not too happy with the trucking company.. it is very unprofessional. I guess you get what you pay for.

Are you talking about a black NSX?? :D That looks so.... sexy! Black, red, looks best to me. Silver might be second choice. White... eww..

IamAnoobieCheez
07-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Kills me to hear the NSX is totalled but happy that your not losing any $$ on it! Find a better one, give me a call and I'll drive out with you to get the next one!;)
Oh you are so nice.:) Thanks for the offer. If I need help, I will certainly give you a call. :toast:

Movieman
07-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Oh you are so nice.:) Thanks for the offer. If I need help, I will certainly give you a call. :toast:
I never thought to ask..where are you located?

Soulburner
07-11-2006, 04:24 PM
I'll 2nd the black :D

I agree on your course of action too...it always pays to wait. Save up a bit more, and get a newer one. You'll be glad you did.

charlie
07-11-2006, 04:46 PM
:(

really BAD news... better luck with number 2! And insist on 18 wheeler car carrier!

C

IamAnoobieCheez
07-11-2006, 05:30 PM
I have the thumbnail images but I the dealer will send me high res version of them..

IamAnoobieCheez
07-11-2006, 05:36 PM
bling bling bling

[XC] leviathan18
07-11-2006, 06:58 PM
it was sweet but blck ownz so next one black :p: hope you find a nice one

Torin
07-12-2006, 04:48 AM
LOL, those stock rims are hideous.

Anyways, I'm on pins and needles here! I mean, how in the hell did a deer make that truck+trailer flip multiple times and end up in a ditch? A deer flipped 18,000 pounds worth of automobiles??? Multiple times???

Shenanigans!

3oh6
07-12-2006, 05:03 AM
Anyways, I'm on pins and needles here! I mean, how in the hell did a deer make that truck+trailer flip multiple times and end up in a ditch? A deer flipped 18,000 pounds worth of automobiles??? Multiple times???

Shenanigans!
haha, i feel for the poor souls who have never had the experience to drive on a two lane highway lined with trees and edged with a 3 foot drop into a ditch in the middle of nowhere at dusk and have a 200Lb white tale hop in front of your vehicle without so much as a look of concern as it caulks its head into your headlights just long enough so its green eyes look like lazer beams and damn near blind you while your cruising away at 100 KM/H (60MP/H).

it takes a huge set of kahonas to hold the wheel steady and plow through that beast without straying from the road. when you grow up in the Canadian north in secluded areas you soon find out just what a deer is capable of flipping ;)

if you really want a scare, drive West between Thunder Bay and Winnipeg as the sun comes up to reveal dozens and dozens of 1000lb moose standing at the side of the highway ready to go for a stroll across the yellow line at any given moment...a co-pilot to navigate the nightmare is highly recommended.

Torin
07-12-2006, 05:14 AM
Shenanigans indeed! At least it wasn't a moose, I guess. Hah. Nerf heavy animals!

comrad
07-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Evo over an NSX, not on your life. Good news they had coverage, too bad for the NSX.
I did not mean that, you can get the evo for lets say 20 grand less and use that 20 grand for modding the evo or towards something else.

IamAnoobieCheez
07-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Here are the pics of my totalled NSX.

Torin, the stock wheels do look indeed not-so-sounding, but it is the original. The car has been very well maintained and kept original. It's the originality I prefer to have.. although the newer model stock wheels do look a lot better than the early models.

WeedJunk
07-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Holy cow, that sucks bigtime!

Luckily this story has a pretty 'happy' end though...

charlie
07-12-2006, 01:01 PM
:eek2:

that's painful to look at!

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49218&d=1152727119

So what's the end of story? You're gonna save up soem more $$ and look for a newer one?

vudoodoodoo
07-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Wow @ the damage... NSX is now 1 car rarer.
Hope the new one will be better. :o

zakelwe
07-12-2006, 01:35 PM
How about

http://www.carlians.co.uk/vehicle-details.asp?intMax=&intMin=&RSPage=1&ID=103534

It's in the UK but I doubt the container ship will hit too many deer on the way over the Atlantic ..even if it does I doubt it come off worst :D

Regards

Andy

3oh6
07-12-2006, 01:43 PM
the poor NSX, a moment of silence and toast will happen tonight at the pub in honour of another fallen beauty. thanx for the pics despite how much they hurt to see.

IamAnoobieCheez
07-12-2006, 02:45 PM
yea it hurts. If you see the side view of the car you could tell this is one hell of a beast. Before the accident it was one of the cleanest looking NSXs I have seen and now the wreckage. I haven't had this bad luck before.

Charlie, my initial plan is to wait about 10+ months and buy me a newer model of the NSX i.e. year 2000~2002 model. I'll be waiting... but along the way if I spot a real nice one in local place and if the price meets my criteria then I would like to go for it.

zakelwe, I would love to have a right handed drive car like the one in U.K. you linked to.. That would make the car look more unique.:D but I really don't think I'm gonna buy any car from out of state again. I'm not taking chance anymore.

[XC] leviathan18
07-12-2006, 07:05 PM
omg im going to cry OMG OMG OMG OMG that is painful

TooFast4Radar
07-12-2006, 07:07 PM
That car is so sweet for me to turn down.. Titanium rods with sophisticated VTEC engine.. 0-to-60 in 4.9 sek... 13 sec quarter mile and top end of 175mph yikes.......
Sophisticated? V-TEC is almost crude when you compare it to Porsche's VarioCam Plus which is continiously variable. One of my friends had an NSX - they're light cars and handle well, but really need a supercharger or some sort of forced induction because they are almost lethargic. Honda made a big mistake making a new manufacturing plant for the NSX which drove up production costs and thus the sticker price. If Honda sold them new for less than $60,000 it wouldn't have been AS bad, but for around $90,000 you could get a slightly used low mileage Porsche 911 Turbo. There's no doubt in my mind which one I'd take given the option. I think they were awesome looking cars, but with their less than awe-inspiring performance and exorbitant price tag the car was more or less a total failure. I'm really surprised they made them for as long as they did.

Tanktanium
07-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Sophisticated? V-TEC is almost crude when you compare it to Porsche's VarioCam Plus which is continiously variable. One of my friends had an NSX - they're light cars and handle well, but really need a supercharger or some sort of forced induction because they are almost lethargic. Honda made a big mistake making a new manufacturing plant for the NSX which drove up production costs and thus the sticker price. If Honda sold them new for less than $60,000 it wouldn't have been AS bad, but for around $90,000 you could get a slightly used low mileage Porsche 911 Turbo. There's no doubt in my mind which one I'd take given the option. I think they were awesome looking cars, but with their less than awe-inspiring performance and exorbitant price tag the car was more or less a total failure. I'm really surprised they made them for as long as they did.

They're coming out with a revamped version in 2009. V10, better styling, possibly AWD. I'd rather pay $90,000 for that, than a N/A V6 that's light.

zakelwe
07-13-2006, 10:25 AM
One of my friends had an NSX - they're light cars and handle well, but really need a supercharger or some sort of forced induction because they are almost lethargic.

They are not lethargic at all, the only thing that will make it lethargic is the drivers lethargic use of gears. Supercharging or turbo would just ruin the car. You have to drive it as a race car and keep the revs up, sounds like you and your friend like to row your car along on torque so no wonder were not impressed. Your comments reflect more on the driver than the car IMO.

Regards

Andy

[XC] leviathan18
07-13-2006, 04:16 PM
They are not lethargic at all, the only thing that will make it lethargic is the drivers lethargic use of gears. Supercharging or turbo would just ruin the car. You have to drive it as a race car and keep the revs up, sounds like you and your friend like to row your car along on torque so no wonder were not impressed. Your comments reflect more on the driver than the car IMO.

Regards

Andy

as zakelwe said this is redline car you have to keep it at the peak all time to feel the true nature of this baby i have a friend that collects honda/acura cars he has a predule stage II making something in the 400 450WHP and nsx stock in the track you see the poor prelude suffering trying to keep up with the nsx but you have to drive it like a pro

TooFast4Radar
07-14-2006, 06:12 AM

Regards

AndyBut that's just it. It ISN'T a race car - it's a civilized high end street car and to me that leaves something to be desired. A supercharger would at least give it a broader powerband instead of a narrow strip before redline. As far as rowing my car along with torque - yes I like having lower end torque, but I also enjoy being pushed back from a launch and then using top end horsepower to let me quickly wrap out a gear at 7300 RPMs. On small displacement motors forced induction is your friend and the only way you're going to have a broad powerband in the NSX is by raising the volumetric efficiency. I can deal with less then stellar low end, but I find it rather boring when mid-range RPMs yield unimpressive results.

I also don't see how forced induction would ruin the car at all. What's not to like about having more power anytime? As far as the driving and use of gears, it was the non-linear powerband that I disliked about the car. Call me an impatient now-person, but I like to know I'm going to take off if I go hammer-down at 3500 RPMs and keep that pull all the way up top (especially when you the caliber of a car that the NSX is into consideration). I really think a centrifugal supercharger would give the NSX the breath of life it needs and make it into a great car that makes good power as well as handles the twisties.

The S2000 could have been a GREAT car, too if Honda had again not overlooked the non-linear powerband. Gobs of power isn't the end-all make or break the level of fun you can have in a car, but to be able to instantly accelerate as well as hug a corner with precision is nothing short of pure bliss!

As for the V10 I think that would be one hell of a next generation NSX! I'll have to read up on that. One of my friends is an engineer for Honda so I'll see what he knows.

IamAnoobieCheez
07-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Ok I have an official statement from the Insurance company as of today that I will be receiving a check the full amount of $36,100 for the car. They will also assist with the car rental and other financial needs. :)

Movieman
07-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Ok I have an official statement from the Insurance company as of today that I will be receiving a check the full amount of $36,100 for the car. They will also assist with the car rental and other financial needs. :)
Good to hear that even though the car is totalled you didn't lose any on this deal..Besides a few gray hairs from worry!;)

IamAnoobieCheez
07-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Good to hear that even though the car is totalled you didn't lose any on this deal..Besides a few gray hairs from worry!;)
Yea looks like I'll be getting back more than I paid for. :D

yea my body is definitely in hurt. I worried so much and I tried to keep telling myself don't worry about it now. Worry later.. worked for few days then I felt terrible again. It's been most painful until I heard the final word. it's been what.. close to a month?:rolleyes:

so much for nothing.. :(

Thank you guys all for helping me out. I mean that. :)

Movieman
07-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Yea looks like I'll be getting back more than I paid for. :D

yea my body is definitely in hurt. I worried so much and I tried to keep telling myself don't worry about it now. Worry later.. worked for few days then I felt terrible again. It's been most painful until I heard the final word. it's been what.. close to a month?:rolleyes:

so much for nothing.. :(

Thank you guys all for helping me out. I mean that. :)
Not for nothing, you learned a lot and it didn't cost you any money!:D
Now you take what you learned and find a better one .
Some patience and I'm sure you'll find the "right" one for you.
As to the talk about superchargers, personally I don't like them.
They use power to make power. I'll grant that they don't have the lag that a turbocharger does but it's that constant drain of power that I don't like. A turbo is esentially free power, not using anything unless you need it. Add even a small single turbo to a NSX with 10lbs of boost and your near 400HP and that is more than enough to get rid of that feeling that the car is underpowered. Add a twin turbo setup and your over 450HP easily.
Then there is always NOX for the crazed few that want a sports car to accelerate like a blown 33 Willys!:D

IamAnoobieCheez
07-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Thank you for the suggestions Movieman. a 450 horses on my NSX :eek:
That would equate to some 600 HP Lambo. :D Another reason why I like NSX is without acquiring as much power as other cars it's enough to stay with them. So imagine how much faster the car will be at 450.:)

TooFast4Radar
07-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Another thing to consider when thinking about a turbocharged setup is the amount of additional cost of setup. A centrifugal supercharger (at least on most cars) is a pretty simple and straight forward setup. Dialing in the fuel adjustments is also a much easier job than with a turbocharged car. You don't have to worry about running oil feed lines and welding an oil return flanage into your oil pan. You also don't have to worry about spiking and overboosting. Overall it's much less of a pain to get going.

As stated though, turbos run off your exhaust compared to running off an accessory belt from the crank pulley. But if you want to make more power you just throw a different pulley on the blower and call it a day. Set it and forget it. You will also see a more linear powercurve with a supercharged setup unless you go with a fairly small turbo.

There's fewer things to go wrong with a supercharger. Off-boost a turbocharged car will get better fuel economy, but I doubt if you're going to do either that you'll be driving it like an old woman.

If you want to drop a lot more money and go for super huge power then go with a turbocharged setup. If you want a less expensive, quick and easy setup (relatively, depending on the skill of the installer), and a reduction of possible post installation problems I'd go supercharger.

Movieman
07-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Another thing to consider when thinking about a turbocharged setup is the amount of additional cost of setup. A centrifugal supercharger (at least on most cars) is a pretty simple and straight forward setup. Dialing in the fuel adjustments is also a much easier job than with a turbocharged car. You don't have to worry about running oil feed lines and welding an oil return flanage into your oil pan. You also don't have to worry about spiking and overboosting. Overall it's much less of a pain to get going.

As stated though, turbos run off your exhaust compared to running off an accessory belt from the crank pulley. But if you want to make more power you just throw a different pulley on the blower and call it a day. Set it and forget it. You will also see a more linear powercurve with a supercharged setup unless you go with a fairly small turbo.

There's fewer things to go wrong with a supercharger. Off-boost a turbocharged car will get better fuel economy, but I doubt if you're going to do either that you'll be driving it like an old woman.

If you want to drop a lot more money and go for super huge power then go with a turbocharged setup. If you want a less expensive, quick and easy setup (relatively, depending on the skill of the installer), and a reduction of possible post installation problems I'd go supercharger.
Interesting and a valid opposite perspective.;)
Here's why I like the turbo's: Back in 1977 I had a little 1973 Mercury Capri,2600CC V-6,4 speed,3.22 rear axle, maybe 2400-2500lbs..Like I said, a fun car but not quick.Factory rated at 142HP at the flywheel and 107 at the rear wheels.I decided that I wanted to get a little bit of kick out of it. Brought it to a guy in Marblehead,Mass and they put in a 15lb boost Rajay Turbocharger with a water/methanol injection setup. Exhaust was a single 3"ID pipe off the turbo that ran under the body and out in front of the rear wheel. The day I went to pick it up they had it on a chassis dyno and were showing just under 270HP at the rear wheels at 5200rpm. Motor maxxed at app 6300rpm. You do the numbers with the HP and weight, it was a monster out on the roads..I can remember walking away from a 1975 Porsche Turbo Carrera from 60-135mph(my top speed)..The look on the Porsche drivers face was a howl..The Porsche was app $25K back then. I had the $3622.00 that the car cost brand new and app $2200.00 into it for the turbo.

comrad
07-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Ok.... Turbo/Supercharger... Who cares, their nothing compared to a Dragon Intake:

http://racetunedimports.com/dragon_intake.jpg

I hear these give you up to 60hp boost, and if you equip your car with an exhaust tip, thats another 50hp...

Soulburner
07-15-2006, 08:45 AM
Not for nothing, you learned a lot and it didn't cost you any money!:D
Now you take what you learned and find a better one .
Some patience and I'm sure you'll find the "right" one for you.
As to the talk about superchargers, personally I don't like them.
They use power to make power. I'll grant that they don't have the lag that a turbocharger does but it's that constant drain of power that I don't like. A turbo is esentially free power, not using anything unless you need it. Add even a small single turbo to a NSX with 10lbs of boost and your near 400HP and that is more than enough to get rid of that feeling that the car is underpowered. Add a twin turbo setup and your over 450HP easily.
Then there is always NOX for the crazed few that want a sports car to accelerate like a blown 33 Willys!:D
Couple things, while running the unit off the crankshaft does take more power, both setups take power to make power, there is no way around that unless you do nitrous oxide. Turbocharging does take less power, but it is not "free power". Secondly, a twin turbo setup does not necessarily make more power than a single. Quite the contrary, actually, when you look at the BIG single turbo setups running in the single digits in the 1/4 mile.

Carlz0r
07-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Ok.... Turbo/Supercharger... Who cares, their nothing compared to a Dragon Intake:

I hear these give you up to 60hp boost, and if you equip your car with an exhaust tip, thats another 50hp...
That thing just screams rice.

Slayer2k3
07-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Couple things, while running the unit off the crankshaft does take more power, both setups take power to make power, there is no way around that unless you do nitrous oxide. Turbocharging does take less power, but it is not "free power". Secondly, a twin turbo setup does not necessarily make more power than a single. Quite the contrary, actually, when you look at the BIG single turbo setups running in the single digits in the 1/4 mile.

Use the nitrous on top of your huge single turbo, and you have one quick-spooling heavy breathing beast. :D

It really depends on the car for the TT - sinlge turbo argument. On an NSX, TT would be a waste.

The only real advantage from a TT setup, is to use the right sized, smaller turbos, to make te best low-end power possible. They are NOT meant for high-range RPM power. Unless you have wicked insanely deep pockets, to build up a TT system to utilise 2 monster turbos, but then you have wicked lag in the low RPMs, and will have to compensate with a really built up motor.

2 smaller turbos instead of 1 large one, will basically have a close effect as a supercharger, with no belt/power loss. The only major downfall, is that the routing system will be very complex, the entire system will be very expencive, and you will only be good for dragracing. I've never heard of a TT setup, being really good for roadracing or in the twisties.

Go for the sinlge medium-sized turbo. Lower lag, better mid-high RPM range power, and it's a Honda, so it will have crazy ass hp, with like half the tq anyway. :D

TooFast4Radar
07-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Actually I've heard some V8 cars going from single to TT and making more power. A single turbo setup is great for an inline engine. For a V engine if there's enough space I would go twin. There's less exhaust piping between the cylinder head and the turbo and thus less energy loss. Supras are almost always single turboed because of this. The turbo kits for Vipers, for example, are twin turbocharged and for a reason. I really don't see why people would run a single turbo on a V motor unless it was a single-bank-fed setup like the Grand Nationals have. I saw the 350Zs also have a single-bank turbo kit, too. You could do the same thing on an NSX if you wanted a more simplistic turbo setup, but I would either go supercharger or look into a twin-turbo setup using one of the new ball bearing cartridge T3/T4 turbos if you want mega power. I'm amazed people with Supras still use some of those old ass T-series turbos that are way behind the times with what's available now.

Building a turbo setup is a science - researching compressor flow maps, figuring out how much air the engine flows at certain RPMs to find out what exhaust side and compressor side to use is a major undertaking. There's nothing worse than spending many thousands of dollars on a setup that looks awesome just to find out it performs worse than a less expensive setup because you didn't know what kind of turbo to get or how to impliment it. If there's some good turbo kits out there you might want to do that, but research it - just because a kit is out there doesn't mean they did the best reasearch themselves and just picked out a turbo that worked well enough to get the job done. Those things you don't have worry about with a supercharger.

breakfromyou
07-15-2006, 11:38 AM
so ive been leaving the house every day for the past week...i saw at least 2 NSX's every day i was out...you say they're rare cars?

TooFast4Radar
07-15-2006, 11:57 AM
It really depends on the car for the TT - sinlge turbo argument. On an NSX, TT would be a waste.Explain the logic behind this one to me.

The only real advantage from a TT setup, is to use the right sized, smaller turbos, to make te best low-end power possible. They are NOT meant for high-range RPM power.If a twin turbo setup on a V-engine doesn't have top then the person who built the setup shouldn't have been doing it.

Unless you have wicked insanely deep pockets, to build up a TT system to utilise 2 monster turbos, but then you have wicked lag in the low RPMs, and will have to compensate with a really built up motor.You need intelligence more than a deep wallet to build a good twin turbo setup.

2 smaller turbos instead of 1 large one, will basically have a close effect as a supercharger, with no belt/power loss.Dude where are you getting this from?

I've never heard of a TT setup, being really good for roadracing or in the twisties.What difference would the number of turbos a car has have ANY affect on how a car handles? Explain this one to me oh wise one.

and it's a Honda, so it will have crazy ass hp, with like half the tq anyway. :DOkay this just proved the point that you have no clue what you're talking about. The NSX has a 3.2L V-6 engine. V engines make more torque than inline motors do. Do you think physics care that Honda built the damn thing? You're used to seeing econobox inline-4 cylinder Civic engines with half displacement with turbos on them. It's no big mystery why a go-cart sized motor doen't have much torque after you put a turbo on it. You really have no business advising people what to do with their car making absurd statements like that.

Soulburner
07-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Those things you don't have worry about with a supercharger.
A centrifugal supercharger and a turbo system are very similar - The only real difference is the turbo is spun by the force of the expelled exhaust gases, and the supercharger is spun by a pulley from the crankshaft. However they both have a compressor that makes boost. Look up Vortech or ATI. I would imagine all those things you mentioned do in fact apply to "supercharged" setups as well.

Also, when people talk about "supercharging" they need to realize that there are different types. Roots, Screw, Centrifugal all work very differently. The first two need to be mounted on the intake to force compressed air directly into it. The centrifugal is more like the turbocharger and can be mounted anywhere, however a piping system must be created, though not near as intricate as a turbo since it doesn't need to deal with the exhaust.

IamAnoobieCheez
07-15-2006, 08:03 PM
yikes.. NSX's action in Japan.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v8Y7v994SKk&mode=related&search=nsx

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BibNdxcMb58&mode=related&search=nsx

NSX review from England. One of the famous track, Oulton Park. :cool:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kQkiIWJw2JY&mode=related&search=nsx

Slayer2k3
07-15-2006, 09:08 PM
Your responce.

I didn't make that post just to be broken down to dirt, and snickered at by you. If you are going to poke fun, at least back up what you are saying I'm wrong at.

Also, read about the topic onhand next time you post something so scrutinising.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_turbo

Mainly, this paragraph:

"While a parallel twin-turbo set-up theoretically has less turbo lag than a single turbocharger set up, because of marginally-reduced combined inertial resistance, and often simplified exhaust plumbing, the fact that both turbos spool at more or less the same time means that there is still a noticeable bit of lag, especially in high-flow turbo/high boost applications. One way to counter this is to use a light pressure set up where the turbos are designed to output less boost but spool earlier, however, this set up sacrifices top end power."

Sorry for the thread crap, appearently my knowledge on the topic doesnt suffice to another users satisfactions.

Rippthrough
07-16-2006, 06:50 AM
I didn't make that post just to be broken down to dirt, and snickered at by you. If you are going to poke fun, at least back up what you are saying I'm wrong at.

Also, read about the topic onhand next time you post something so scrutinising.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_turbo

Mainly, this paragraph:

"While a parallel twin-turbo set-up theoretically has less turbo lag than a single turbocharger set up, because of marginally-reduced combined inertial resistance, and often simplified exhaust plumbing, the fact that both turbos spool at more or less the same time means that there is still a noticeable bit of lag, especially in high-flow turbo/high boost applications. One way to counter this is to use a light pressure set up where the turbos are designed to output less boost but spool earlier, however, this set up sacrifices top end power."

Sorry for the thread crap, appearently my knowledge on the topic doesnt suffice to another users satisfactions.

That's only for a low boost setup, which is pretty self evident, a low boost single would result in the same. You probably wouldn't use a parallel setup with the NSX either, a sequential would be better suited.

Wikipedia is not really a valid technical argument, nor something to base your technical knowledge on. :stick:

vudoodoodoo
07-16-2006, 07:09 AM
Why would you even use a parallel setup in low boost? You'd have to use two small turbos. A single turbo can do the same w/ less lag and less mess in the engine bay.
A sequential setup is the way to go if you want twin turbo. It has low end respose and pretty decent top end. Still a mess though.
Single turbo is the simplest setup. You just have to pick the right turbo.

Soulburner
07-27-2006, 03:47 PM
If you're gonna spend that much, just get something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AWESOME-Black-on-Black-Lamborghini-Diablo-VT_W0QQitemZ220010933513QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6290QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

comrad
07-27-2006, 03:58 PM
If you're gonna spend that much, just get something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AWESOME-Black-on-Black-Lamborghini-Diablo-VT_W0QQitemZ220010933513QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6290QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah... Sure.... Maybe the car itself doesn't cost alot but the maintenance on it costs... :eek:

bigboi86
07-27-2006, 05:06 PM

Wtf?

Hope that was a joke lol

[XC] leviathan18
07-27-2006, 05:48 PM
you need 5 times the money the car cost spare just in case.... and for maintenance

comrad
07-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Wtf?

Hope that was a joke lol
Joke? Why would it be a joke? You don't think Dragon Intakes are super powerful? :slap: They are the best man! :stick:

bigboi86
07-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Joke? Why would it be a joke? You don't think Dragon Intakes are super powerful? :slap: They are the best man! :stick:

You're saying that an intake filter is better than forced induction...........................

comrad
07-28-2006, 03:30 PM
You're saying that an intake filter is better than forced induction...........................
HELL YEAH! You dont know anything about cars if you think forced induction is better.

bigboi86
07-28-2006, 04:08 PM
HELL YEAH! You dont know anything about cars if you think forced induction is better.

Lol...