PDA

View Full Version : Si Sandra?

22b
02-23-2003, 08:27 PM
I see many people use this "Si Sandra for testing...

Can someone explain what it is and what it is used for ...

Sorry, I am very new here:confused:

shiato storm
03-04-2003, 05:21 AM
Me again :)
- do a search for 'siSoft Sandra' - and download it (from any one of number of mirror sites)
it basically gives you all data on your CPU and computer speed. its basically an overclocking tool.
what motherboard do you have? if you have an nForce2 board go to
www.nforcershq.com
the forums in there are VERY useful :)

22b
03-04-2003, 09:42 AM
Mine is teh EPOX Ep-8K3A+

The thing or concept I just don't really grap is the FSB?
I guess overclocking is just powering the CPU with more frequency...:confused:

I dont know what I am babbling about - I am fine with my stock system setup - I'll cross that bridge when I get to it though:D

Tweaked!
03-04-2003, 11:16 AM
Multiplier is strictly cpu, fsb (front side bus) o/cs the entire computer. Fsb is the speed of the information travelling through the mobo, cpu, and all the peripherals attached to the mobo.

22b
03-04-2003, 11:28 AM
makes sence -

Thanks for the info!

IFMU
03-04-2003, 11:31 AM
Sisoft Sandra you can get online pretty much anywhere. Just get to google and do a search for it. Itll pop up, get the free version and play with it. Youll learn some just from it by playing with it. It can give yea all kindsa details on your system and whatnot.

Tweaked explained it pretty good there, not sure how much you need to know, so I dont want to spout of something that makes it seem like Im bein an overpowering moron... lol

If you need any help and Im online, just send me a PM on yahoo or AIM and Ill do what I can for yea. Names are in my profile.