PDA

View Full Version : Does different version of Xbox360 will have a compatibility issue?

radytya
06-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Hey guys, I wanna ask something. I wonder if there would be any compatibility issue with the Xbox360 system with a different version (eg. US and Japan version)?? As I know, just like the original XBox, it was said that the US version have more compatibility with games.

Besides, the Japan version is alot cheaper than the US version in my country (Indonesia). The US version is priced almost 3 times than the Japan.

AJF
06-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Probably because Japan is closer and it's priced lower for your region by Microsoft.

Not sure what differences there are in the 360, but they should be very, very similar.

sofarfrome
06-26-2006, 03:35 PM
is that why ebay has (had?) them for $200 shipped from indonesia?

radytya
06-28-2006, 09:45 PM
As a comparison Japan version costs 3,7 Million Rupiah and US version costs 8 Million Rupiah.

Exchange rate: US$ 1 = 9400 Rupiah

Japan = US$ 393
US = US$ 850

See... BIG difference. Besides it says that Xbox360 has more stock in Japan mean while it's out of stock in US weird... :confused:

Captainmilo
06-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Besides it says that Xbox360 has more stock in Japan mean while it's out of stock in US weird... :confused:

Same reason why Microsoft announced so many RPG games for the 360 : The Japanese are waiting for the PS3/Wii and no one is buying the 360
Hence the low price (which is like half the European price) and the big promotion

To get an idea:
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360-japan-launch-guide/xbox-360-sellout-is-impossible-142359.php

Lestat
07-01-2006, 09:59 PM
to answer his question which was a compatability issue.

there is a current, well several current lists of what games are multi/region free and what games arent.
if you can get one cheap go for it but not all games are region free.
the reason behind that is 1 simple reason.
HD is universal. there is no hd region lock.
there is a said region lock for the region of your console but to be honest with you, you MIGHT be able to simply make your profile as USA to play usa games.
it works for downloading xbox live content that comes out in Euro or Japan before we get it. ie; chrome hounds demo. just create a profile that is european and it all the sudden shows up in your list of game demos to download. and you can play it.

you can google for the list of games or head over to XBS they have a list there also

Lestat
07-02-2006, 06:46 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games_without_region_encoding

here is the current list of known working and non-working games.
including the latest Over G Fighters.

IMCL85
07-12-2006, 03:42 PM
its the language coding problem hehe like japanese will not load US games and :banana::banana::banana::banana:. But US will load mostly every game in the world. So if you plan to buy one get US or HK will do. One more thing is that most people including me belive that US game console generally are made from better material or handling with more care then those found out side north america.