PDA

View Full Version : evga rma or repair, no video output

kiwi
06-04-2006, 11:02 AM
I know I have to ask evga first but I pretty sure they won't accept 6600gt without serial number? It was a piece of paper on video card but it came off and lost somewhere.

Is there any way I could repair it? It shows nothing on video output but I can boot into Windows using PCI card and Win recognizes VGA controller but midway through driver installation it hangs. I suspect some caps are damaged responsible for video output but which ones? Or should I through it away?

Thanks

Evilsizer
06-04-2006, 01:03 PM
im positvie with out the SN they wont take it back.. the new 7600gt's are killer, why not just replace it then since its dead?

NickS
06-04-2006, 01:10 PM
I know I have to ask evga first but I pretty sure they won't accept 6600gt without serial number? It was a piece of paper on video card but it came off and lost somewhere.

Is there any way I could repair it? It shows nothing on video output but I can boot into Windows using PCI card and Win recognizes VGA controller but midway through driver installation it hangs. I suspect some caps are damaged responsible for video output but which ones? Or should I through it away?

Thanks

They prolly would but you might have to pay for the service. Try it out if you still have the serial number, wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.

Nick

tdunks
06-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Nope they probably wont take it back. You could try replacing every cap lol.

kiwi
06-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah, evga customer service told me that they can't accept it without serial #

I gave it to the local electronics repair store, they might do something good :)