PDA

View Full Version : Two Monitors, Two Games?

Xiode
06-04-2006, 08:18 AM
Currently, I have a 1900XTX powering two monitors via dual-DVI: a Dell 1905FP and a "15 LCD monitor that I've had for a long time. I run World of Warcraft on the big screen and my web browswer or AIM on the other.

However, here's my question: How can I get two different instances of World of Warcraft running on each monitor? Would I need two completely different installations? If I try to do it now by simply dragging a copy of WoW to my other screen, my FPS drops real low, almost like a slideshow. It's not that my computer can't handle it, because I can ALT+TAB back and forth all day and not lag one bit. It would just be nice not to have to.

Anyone?

[XC] Lead Head
06-04-2006, 09:51 AM
I would imagine that your GPU cant handle it. Think about it, its renering two completely different 3D Images at the same time, ontop of that, it has to alternate between screens.

wildcard
06-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Additionally, i think most MMORPGs won't allow two instances to run on the same computer (not sure about WOW, I haven't tried it).

Xiode
06-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Well, I have two separate CD-Key's and accounts. I've been ALT + Tabbing back and forth, but I'd like a way to monitor both at the same time. What I usually do is queue for battlegrounds with my 60, and then play on an alt in the other instance of the game.

Can you guys think of any other options besides simply having two different computers?

wildcard
06-04-2006, 05:33 PM
What about playing in windowed mode? And put each window on each monitor

It may get confusing as you'll only be able to have one window "in focus" at a time.

[XC] Lead Head
06-04-2006, 06:36 PM
What about playing in windowed mode? And put each window on each monitor

It may get confusing as you'll only be able to have one window "in focus" at a time.
he tried that, his GPU cant keep up

littleowl
06-07-2006, 01:22 AM
I agree the gpu can't handle it! I wonder if a crossfire or a SLI would be able to handle that big of a load?!?!