PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Pro 17" Glossy = HERE HERE HERE!

FragTek
06-03-2006, 03:11 AM
After the long wait and tons of anxiousness it's finally arrived!!! :D I must say that it meets and beats every expectation I've had so far, absolutely amazing piece of machinery. All of the onboard and included features make this laptop a cut above the rest. The glossy screen was well worth me waiting two weeks for it to be custom built, I don't think I want to own another matte screen lappy now. It's that nice.

Front Row works like a dream (small vid here (http://www.fragtek.com/vids/frontrow.mp4)) as well as the iSight camera. The trackpad is huge and makes for easy mouse movement and two finger scrolling, magnificent! One of the best features is the backlit keyboard that adjusts its brightness automatically to the current ambient light situation, perfecto!

Oh yes, and the Core Duo processor, muahahha! Talk about a speedy chip, Im very happy that Apple decided to go with the Intel processors, the speed just blows the G4/G5 out of the freakin' water. Not to mention it lets me dual boot Windows and play all of my favorite games with high settings, one of the best features of the laptop.

I'll stop raving for a bit and just post a few weak arse pictures that I took to hold people over that wanted pix of this beast just as soon as it came in...

perry_78
06-03-2006, 03:35 AM
That lappy costs an arm and a leg... :D

But very nice laptop, though I must disagree on the glossy screen. I love matte screens, the samsung 173p i have here is perfect. Then again, all I use is text editing programs and music editing.

[XC] moddolicous
06-03-2006, 07:05 AM
Very nice laptop fragtek. I assume you installed windows xp with bootcomp?? If so, can you be the first to run superpi on it?

antipop
06-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Fragtek, have you owned a G4 powerbook? How does it compare to the macbook pro?

I'm asking because they look really nice and I'm having a hard time not to go a get one now :) I'm just thinking that maybe a new one will come out soon with a merom but i don't know if it's going to happen any time soon

FragTek
06-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Fragtek, have you owned a G4 powerbook? How does it compare to the macbook pro?

I'm asking because they look really nice and I'm having a hard time not to go a get one now :) I'm just thinking that maybe a new one will come out soon with a merom but i don't know if it's going to happen any time soon
The Meroms will be coming loaded in the MacBook Pro's at the end of the year I think... That's what I've heard at least. And I haven't had a powerbook, but I've had a dual G4 power mac and let me be the first to tell ya, this thing does everything about 4x faster :D hehe It's one amazing piece of hardware.

@mod: yeah I'll run it tonight and post the results... Don't expect anything outrageous as Windows is uber driver dependent when run in bootcamp so it doesn't quite rus as fast as if you were using it on a true PC laptop. But i'll definately give it a run for ya!

antipop
06-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Hum end of year might be too late for me, I'll be in the us for the summer (actually from tomorrow until september) and i'd like to buy a laptop before leaving (and the euro / dollar is extremely positive for me atm). So maybe i'll just go to an apple store and get me one of those

Mr. Popo
06-03-2006, 03:20 PM
WoW, I'm a PC guy but that is one hell of a laptop!
Perhaps Ill get one of those Meroms at the end of the year! (Do you think apple will agree to ship it to israel? I have no problem paying an extra fee...)

FragTek
06-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Here's the benchmarks!

Benched the following programs:
3dMark01
3dMark03
3dMark05
SuperPi 1MB

Not too shabby for a Mac lappy running Windows, w00t w00t.

Mr. Popo
06-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Here's the benchmarks!

Benched the following programs:
3dMark01
3dMark03
3dMark05
SuperPi 1MB

Not too shabby for a Mac lappy running Windows, w00t w00t.
That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sexy!!! :slobber:

FragTek
06-03-2006, 03:46 PM
I push the new Mac lappies on to everyone looking to buy a new laptop, rofl... It's still a badass rig even if you never once use OS X :p

Mr. Popo
06-03-2006, 03:49 PM
I push the new Mac lappies on to everyone looking to buy a new laptop, rofl... It's still a badass rig even if you never once use OS X :p
nah! :p:
OS X is a geat OS... :rolleyes:

BTW

Do you think apple will agree shipping a MacBook (Perhaps a Merom version later on this year) to israel? I have no problem paying an extra fee...

FragTek
06-03-2006, 03:52 PM
OS X is totally my OS of choice these days! And yeah I think Apple will ship to you no problem at all!

Check out their website and see what it says.

Mr. Popo
06-03-2006, 04:05 PM
Damn I cant find enything about Israel on the Apple site! :(
And just calling them will be like buying a MacBook!
Does Apple have a support email address? :confused:

[XC] moddolicous
06-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the benchies Fragtek. Is that now your 24/7 comp??

FragTek
06-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the benchies Fragtek. Is that now your 24/7 comp??
Yup, this be mah main rig now :)

[XC] moddolicous
06-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Is it 24/7 by chance?? If it is, do you wanna run rosetta for XS?

OV3RCLOCK3R
06-03-2006, 05:22 PM
28secs with the cpu running at 99xmhz, Holy hell. Nice laptop fragi:D

FragTek
06-03-2006, 06:21 PM
@mod: Sorry mate, I fold for OC3D.

@clocker: Nah, thats with the CPU running @ full speed. It's a speed stepping chip, it doesn't run at full bore when the cpu usage is below X amount.