PDA

View Full Version : Tubing Tips?

Acrimony
05-31-2006, 01:10 PM
Most of my parts are in and I'm getting everything setup. Biggest gripe so far is getting this 7/16" Masterkleer to slide over these 1/2" barbs. I manage to get them on with some time, patience, and wet barbs. Just curious if you guys have any better ways of getting the tubing on?

BTW I have to say after reading all kind of bad things about the P180 in regards to watercooling, I have yet to see any of them. At first I was a little worried this case wasn't going to workout, but so far it looks good. Only mods I had to do to the case were cut out a square in the top of the case for the fans + rad, and remove the 3.5" floppy bay for the pump + res. Perhaps I'm just counting my eggs before they've hatched, but I will post some pics this weekend after everything is inside and up and running.

creidiki
05-31-2006, 01:13 PM
...nope, i just push it on, is all...

Acrimony
05-31-2006, 01:16 PM
...nope, i just push it on, is all...

Hmmm, you do have to fiddle with it a bit right? I mean, it doesn't just slide right over for you does it? I had particular trouble getting it on the inlet and outlet barbs of the MCP655.

Adam217
05-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Hot water can soften the tubing up a little.

creidiki
05-31-2006, 01:18 PM
yeah, ofc. worse were the barbs on my PA. 's all good, means less chance of leaks - still need clamps though.

yes, how water is youre particularly weedy... jokes aside, hot is ok but boiling will permanently degrade the tubing - at a molecular level.