PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody phooshop?

22b
02-21-2003, 10:34 PM
I know this sounds lame asking for photoshop help but I am very new...

I was wondering if anybody can take this pic

http://www.swiftnets.com/assets/images/products/MCW5000/mcw5000.jpg

and just take the middle block and add 22b where swiftech would be and just lose the outter two blocks.

If you really want to be bad a$$, you can do a smoked blur effect like this and just clear out over middle of block where 22b would be visable...like this
http://www.frozencpu.com/images/header/main_graphic_3.jpg

Any help is appreciated

I hope to take a photoshop class soon, just too busy with cert tests right now:D

shiato storm
03-01-2003, 05:09 PM
Hi there -
I notice your av. picture has accomplished half of your request...
yup I am reasonably adept at photoshop and various image manipulation techniques...
A smoked blur effect is easy - get back to me if you want one :)
p.s. what is that anyway? an air cooling contraption?!

22b
03-01-2003, 11:12 PM
somebody did my av for me but I wanted something with a bit more detail like the pic I posted above

I like how it is all smoked and then the circle has the clear image in it - I would love to learn photoshop but it is so advanced right now and I am working on my MCSA and CCNA so I am stacked with school and cert tests.

Anything you can whip up is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time!

...OHH, the av is of a water cooling block for my CPU.

shiato storm
03-02-2003, 05:02 PM
ok - I'll see what I can rustle up :)

shiato storm
03-02-2003, 06:08 PM
ok I have 2 for you- one a mod for the mini AV you already have, the other from the big one you have....

where do you want them?
p.s. get to learn how to use PS ... its easy!

22b
03-02-2003, 06:52 PM
man...that is great that you helped me outg like that - I am really thankfull!

you can email them to me if you like -

car22b@adelphia.net

Thanks

Car

shiato storm
03-03-2003, 12:27 PM
winging their way to you now...
enjoy :)

22b
03-03-2003, 02:14 PM
WOW:slobber:

That is amazing ...I really do want to thank you for doing that for a basic stranger - if anything, you have modivated me to take up a photoshop class soon.

Thanks Again!

Car

shiato storm
03-03-2003, 04:28 PM
hey,
Just got a bit of dribble on your chin there- yup- thats it...
you're very welcome.

if I were you, Right now - feeling new to PS and all it has to offer - I'd save the money and literally start playing around with it right now. just experiment with stuff, after all thats how you become most creative...
I NEVER 'learnt' how to do it - most of the technical terms you may see people gabbing on about are beyond me, but I still know how to use it (I just don't give the bits I use fancy names).
just check it out on the internet - there's SO much info there I'm often confused...the trick is: KNOW what to ask
e.g. I read about these Alpha channals (which come in handy) that people used for this and that - Alpha channel this, alpha channel that...and I was like "What the F**??"
I look on the web = 10zillion hits in google...ask for "About Alpha Channels" and its shrinks to a more managable size...I begin to learn about these things everyone but me is apparently using.

But seriously just start playing with it - its a fantastic piece of kit. I know there's still plenty in there I could learn about it but at the mo' (like you i'm very busy -> doing a Master's Degree) there just isn't time/money to LEARN about it, so best to just see what things do.

I wouldn't buy anything for it (magazin/book) if you're new to it - having had some experience [with PS] a lot of books are misleading. its best to play with it and discover stuff at your own pace. A fear I have in doing a course is that they speed you straight through to advanced stuff with out basics...and then you're left wondering over lots of stuff [I could be wrong...]. It depends how serious you are. My bro is doing a 3D course and a Web design course, you learn all kinds of stuff...so if I ever took a course I'd do it on 3D, which incorporates not just 3D applications (Maya, 3Ds Max, Lightwave...) but painting programs too > a functional approach to it - rather than just making pretty pictures...

Very recently I cottoned on to how Colour in PS is used, in fact thats something worth following up, so I'm gonna do so when I can...

Some useful places to start? try
photoshopcafe.com
I did :) there's so many out there they seem to breed with out control!

shiato storm
03-03-2003, 04:29 PM
p.s. what type of computer do you have?
just curious...

shiato storm
03-03-2003, 04:33 PM
p.p.s.
nice av you got there... :D

22b
03-04-2003, 09:37 AM
My PC is nothing fancy...

EPOX 8K3A+ mobo (with Raid 0)
AMD XP 2400+ CPU
512 DDR pc2700 RAM (cas 1.5)
128 PNY GeForce 4 Ti DDR
2x 60 gig WD HD
Swiftech H2O cooling system (soon):rolleyes:

Thanks for all the PS info - I am learning new stuff everytime I go to photoshop cafe:D

shiato storm
03-04-2003, 01:56 PM
holy...
nothing fancy - looks awesome! tidy specs too!

shray
03-08-2003, 06:53 AM
I see you recvd your free keyboard! So did i!