PDA

View Full Version : 17" Glossy MacBook Pro - Shipped today!

FragTek
05-30-2006, 02:57 PM
w00t w00t! My freshly ordered MBP finally shipped today... Straight from Shanghai!

Can't wait till she comes in and I get to mess around with her. Goooood stuff buddy!

[XC] moddolicous
05-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Wow, I am very jealous. Are you gonna give bootcomp a try??

eddieate
05-30-2006, 03:20 PM
lets see some pics! I want to see that glossy screen for real, kinda considering replacing this powerbook one day.
Ed.

FragTek
05-30-2006, 03:56 PM
I'll be doing a full review for OC3D as soon as it comes in :) High res pics included :woot:

I don't think I'm going to bootcamp it. Intead i'm going to use a combination of Parallels and Virtue so that I can fast OS switch between OS X, Win XP, and Linux :D w0000t

SBB><Kfly3r
05-30-2006, 06:24 PM
WOW, thats thing is going to be fast, happy benching!!

FragTek
05-30-2006, 09:16 PM
WOW, thats thing is going to be fast, happy benching!!
Thanks mate! The only thing that kind of has me worried right now is the fact that I may need to strip it down to nothingness and re-apply the TIC for the processor, sb, and gpu if it's a cooker. I'm hoping that they are starting to correct this problem from the assembly line though. We shall see!

twisted5
05-31-2006, 06:47 AM
I can see Frag's next post. "Oh crap! I broke my MBP :(" hehe jk Frag. Hope everything works out for ya! Review that bad boy ASAP!

FragTek
05-31-2006, 12:10 PM
Hey now :( I'm not thaaaaat bad, lol.

I did get my FedEx tracking to update with a delivery date though, it should be comin' through on Friday. W0000000T!

Eclipsed
05-31-2006, 12:49 PM
We have a couple 15's and 2 17inch imacs here. Boot camp works pretty darn well. The imacs seem to freeze alot though.

Very nice laptop, I gotta say they are definitely nice.

HUGE NOTE: If you want to get a right click in windows, you can find an old app online for using an apple one button mouse with a pc that will work. Trust me, no right click in windows will drive you nuts really quick.

FragTek
05-31-2006, 01:30 PM
We have a couple 15's and 2 17inch imacs here. Boot camp works pretty darn well. The imacs seem to freeze alot though.

Very nice laptop, I gotta say they are definitely nice.

HUGE NOTE: If you want to get a right click in windows, you can find an old app online for using an apple one button mouse with a pc that will work. Trust me, no right click in windows will drive you nuts really quick.
I'm going to try and get my Logi G5 working with it so that I won't have to use the trackpad, I'm not a huge fan of trackpads.

f0rcerec0n
06-21-2006, 10:41 PM
how long after you ordered did it ship...I'm waiting for mine to ship!

twisted5
06-22-2006, 12:40 AM
I think he waited about a week or two but he will have to answer that. He is currently with limited net access though so it may be a few days before he gets on.

f0rcerec0n
06-22-2006, 10:17 AM
the wait is killing me I hope it was less than a week!!!

Vapor
06-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Forcerecon....how much did you customize it? A zero-mod usually takes less than a day, then a typical change adds a day or two. Though I've heard that of VERY recently (and through the beginning of July) that MBP shipments will be delayed ~7-10 days :(

f0rcerec0n
06-22-2006, 06:54 PM
I only added glossy screen...

f0rcerec0n
06-24-2006, 01:17 PM
they charged my card...does that mean they are just now starting to build it or its done and soon to ship?

FragTek
06-24-2006, 09:17 PM
I took 7 business days before they shipped mine out.

When you initially place your order Apple will put a hold on the funds due for what you've ordered to make sure you can actually afford your new lappy. After theyve verified this they credit the funds back to your account and will not recharge you until the laptop actually ships. In my case they didnt charge me until it got delivered.

Your lappy should ship within a week, i hear they are crankin em out pretty darn fast now.

Hope you enjoy your new Mac :D

@twisted: yup mate, you got mah back :) I've been in London for the last week and net access has been shoddy at best. I'm finally in the airport now waiting to get on my flight to Brussels (layover) before I get on the flight back to the states and I've got some WiFi action goin on.