PDA

View Full Version : What "liquid! should I use?

NitrO
02-21-2003, 07:04 PM
Hi everyone!!

I`m new in Water Cooling, so I`ll be asking you a lot of stuff in a near future :D :D

My first question to you Water Cooling Guru`s is:

What liquid should I use in my system??

XP1900 with Swiftech MCW462 w/Bronx Fittings
GF4 Ti 4600 with MCW40 w/Bronx Fittings
Cooper Radiator
Sicce Idra Water Pump: http://www.sicce.com/pdf_sicce/pompe/idra.pdf

Someones say that pure H2O is the best option, other that 75% pure H2O and 25% Antifreeze, I just don`t know...

Best Regards

KnightElite
02-22-2003, 09:23 AM
Pure distilled water, probably, with possibly a little bit of water wetter.

Rodkorn
02-22-2003, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I have always wanted to know what kind of "liquid" you people use in you watercooling systems... any other options apart from pure distilled water???

thanx, bye!

KnightElite
02-22-2003, 07:25 PM
If you plan on going with chilled water, and your water will be going below freezing, you can add anti-freeze, or alcohol to the water as well. In situations above room temperature, antifreeze actually reduces performance.

gobbo
02-23-2003, 02:42 AM
imo Water Wetter is a waste of time. I used it in my system and all it did was act like a detergent and just casue the water to foam up a bit.
I have found that Deionised/Distilled water with Purple Ice coolant is the best option.

Nohto
02-23-2003, 11:45 AM
I've also heard that your tubing will absorb WaterWetter and purple ice. aTo prove this you just have to notice the color change in the clear tubing after prolonged usage. I know that WaterWetter does for sure, but I have never used Purple Ice.

tediber
02-25-2003, 07:53 AM
i've tried pure isopropyl alcohol ...... gotta have an airtight system ... i noticed it leaked easier than water would ...... seems to transfer heat really faster than water but if your radiator can't dump the heat just as fast ...... it'll heat up faster than water would as well ..... as water has a higher capacity of holding heat ...... seems to have better flow than water as well.

tediber
02-25-2003, 07:55 AM
and 1 more thing i noticed is .... when i used water ..... it hardens the plastic tubing i use .... while alcohol tends to soften the tubes instead

kpothuwila
02-28-2003, 03:41 PM
Hi everybody!!

I'm a newbee to H2O cooling.
I was thinking about getting only pure distilled water.
Is that alright or are there any other stuff to add to distilled water in order to get max performance.

Thanx
Kanchana

KnightElite
02-28-2003, 05:44 PM
I use pure distilled water with no additives in mine, it seems to work fine.

hedge
03-01-2003, 08:20 PM
Just go with distilled water. I actually have water wetter in mine, but that is because I had a gallon of water with it mixed in laying around. If you use plain silicon tubes, then additives like water wetter will get absorbed. Heh, nothing looks cooler than pink tubes in your case. :D