PDA

View Full Version : dam, none of the new bioses work on my p5ld2, cant put in presler!!!

grimREEFER
05-27-2006, 02:42 PM
wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what am i supposed to do?
every bios after 603 gives "usb over current detected : system shutdown in 15 seconds" or something to that nature, and i cant get into windows, but the minimum bios for the pentium d 930 is 903. iv tried 903, 1003, 1103, all give the same error.
i have until tuesday, i bought the pentium d from newegg, so i have 7 days to return it, anyone know of a fix, or else im gonna have to return it, even though i really want to use it.
google gave me one result, and there wasnt even a solution there lol
i used afudos 2.21

grimREEFER
05-27-2006, 05:02 PM
dam, this must be a rare problem, seriousl never heard of this crap happening before, daaaaaaaaaaaam!!!
im guessing this is asus's fault, i can flash to any bios, but only 603(and below) works and lets me get into windows, and none of the ones that work have pressler support.... what will happen if i put the presler in now btw, will the system boot at all? im guessing no

kyleslater
05-27-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm not sure. One question. Is the FSB over 225? because I have heard some issues with the Prelser and overclocking with the P5LD2
I've also heard there is a FSB limit of 225 for any dual core cpu..Obviously not correct as you are running it over that.
BTW I like your case :P

grimREEFER
05-28-2006, 01:20 PM
well, after i flash my bios, everythign is at stock until i restart(thats when the jumperfree configuration kicks in i guess)
looks as if im gonna have to call tech support on this one...
i cant even fathom a solution for this one, and im a pretty creative person, so im guessing its hopeless.

kyleslater
05-28-2006, 05:59 PM
yeah no kidding because that board is supposed to support the 930.. I think..

Edit: yeah 0903 is supposed to support Presler...

grimREEFER
05-29-2006, 04:53 AM
yea, and every bios above 603 doesnt work lol
wtf!!!!!
btw, the error i get with the new bioses is " usb device over current detected"
yea, when u google that and nothing comes, up, thats when u know ur screwed lol.

Radelon
05-29-2006, 06:09 AM
Ok, first of all, if you have problems flashing the bios you need to look inside the computer and look for the bios chip. Originally mine came with a PMC chip and Asus sent me a Winbond because of problems. As for 225 fsb, that's a hoax, I can run up to 309 fsb with my 930 on air.

grimREEFER
05-29-2006, 01:48 PM
hmm, new bios chip might work, but i cant help but feeling that this is a mobo problem, and that a new bios chip would do nothign but end up giving me the same error.