PDA

View Full Version : Read all the threads on VDD for 8RDA? Still not sure about soldering? This might help

Crazymofo
02-20-2003, 06:22 PM
This worked out so well for me that I thought I would write a short but detailed ( I think) guide on how to do the mod...

I decided to make it a page of its own to limit bandwidth usage at XS.org

Check it out (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fosterjeff/VDD.htm)

Let me know what you think, what I may have missed or of any screw ups please...

I hope this helps elimanate threads and posts asking for soldering help...:D

:toast:

Crazymofo
02-22-2003, 01:10 PM
I have updated the guide with an actual picture of the resistor when installed.

No feedback yet though kinda disappointing.

Hardass
02-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Well you helped me find that extrahands with mag that I have been looking for. Thanks.

Swiftdeathz
02-22-2003, 02:27 PM
Thanks.... That was really informative... I noticed that you soldered the resistor right onto the pins instead of using wires...

I'm still unsure as to how to attach mine with the SMD grabbers that I got... It has a tiny hole which I assume is where I have to insert the piece of wire to...

Da[]San
02-24-2003, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Swiftdeathz
Thanks.... That was really informative... I noticed that you soldered the resistor right onto the pins instead of using wires...

I'm still unsure as to how to attach mine with the SMD grabbers that I got... It has a tiny hole which I assume is where I have to insert the piece of wire to...

Yep thats were the wire goes, like this..

http://www.btinternet.com/~daa_whittaker/Screenshots/finnished.jpg

The pics not mine, its off another guys site showing you how to volt mod an Epox..

Da[]San
02-24-2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Crazymofo
This worked out so well for me that I thought I would write a short but detailed ( I think) guide on how to do the mod...

I decided to make it a page of its own to limit bandwidth usage at XS.org

Check it out (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fosterjeff/VDD.htm)

Let me know what you think, what I may have missed or of any screw ups please...

I hope this helps elimanate threads and posts asking for soldering help...:D

Nice write up. Ur dead on right about the steadyhands, it takes care of the lack of soldering practice us guys have and helps prevent screw ups.

Dissolved
02-24-2003, 05:31 AM
was this for the rev1.0 or rev1.1?

And great job.. this is what i wanted to read tonight :toast:

Crazymofo
02-24-2003, 06:30 AM
Happy to see it is helping someone! After all the questions I had seen posted I just had to throw something together cause it was so easy.

Dissolved mines a 1.1 but I think the mod is good for 1.0 boards as well.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Dissolved
02-24-2003, 07:34 AM
Happy to see it is helping someone! After all the questions I had seen posted I just had to throw something together cause it was so easy.

Dissolved mines a 1.1 but I think the mod is good for 1.0 boards as well.

Thanks for the replies guys!

What does the rev1.1 give in voltages options?

Crazymofo
02-24-2003, 07:39 AM
You mean in the bios?

Dissolved
02-24-2003, 08:07 AM
You mean in the bios?

yup.

i need a board w/ good vdimm voltage cuz my memory seems to need more then my nf7 can give.. So im thinking of getting the epos 8rda+ rev1.1 if i can find it.

Naasar
02-24-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Dissolved
yup.

i need a board w/ good vdimm voltage cuz my memory seems to need more then my nf7 can give.. So im thinking of getting the epos 8rda+ rev1.1 if i can find it.

my v1.1 give the max settings of 2.2vcore, 2.9vmem. my chipset readings according to speedfan and the bios are 1.58v to 1.60v.

the vdd on my board isn't adjustable of course.

it never drops below 1.58 and never rises over 1.60. could explain why i see anomilies at 210 fsb. hope the SMD grabber works for me or its nf7-s ver.1.2 for me soon.:stick:

Dissolved
02-24-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Naasar
my v1.1 give the max settings of 2.2vcore, 2.9vmem. my chipset readings according to speedfan and the bios are 1.58v to 1.60v.

it never drops below 1.58 and nver rises over 1.60. could explain why i see anomilies at 210 fsb. hope the SMD grabber works for me or its nf7-s ver.1.2 for me soon.:stick:

thanks... i think ill get a epos from newegg when they restock.. i dont mind doing the vdd mod.. looks a bit easy :)

Oh and BTW.. What rated resitior would i need for 1.9v and 1.95v?
im not to sure of how to tell.. i was good in math but im still learn techy stuff ;)