PDA

View Full Version : Water-Cooling Horror Stories

vegabros
05-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Just for laughs and also to serve as lessons for us newcomers, I would like to invite everyone to talk about any "disasters" they've had setuping or running their water-cooled computer.

Maybe you added too much dye? Maybe you went to change a pc component and accidently pulled off a tube?

It doesn't have to be *major* neither, just anything you want to share.

This should be fun :hrhr:

- Leo

safan80
05-24-2006, 07:40 PM
People neeed to get over the fact they might have to cut their case if they want to fit things all nice. well it's a horror to some.

ReD.SkY
05-24-2006, 07:41 PM
1 bottle of Hydrx :D

spill on 7900GTCO (like 4 oz)

almost broke my mp-05

granulf
05-25-2006, 12:41 AM
My screen went black, just to find out water spilled all over my x1800xt... Worked after I drowned it in some isopropynol(correctly spelled? :p: )

Went pretty mad though, was just about to smash my window and throw everything that came to my head out :D

2fink
05-25-2006, 01:18 AM
wanted to remove the vc-cooler. normaly i can unplug it and put a towel around the tubing so no water goes out and then connect it back.
but this time i forgot to unplug the pump.... water was all over the floor... but not on the computer :) :toast: ... so unplug the pump :rofl:

vegabros
05-25-2006, 02:31 AM
For those who spilled or had water over their pc components, how did it happen?
Was it a loose tube?

Good stories by the way! :D

2fink
05-25-2006, 02:37 AM
Was it a loose tube?

never had a loose tube... but one of the barbs was a little bit loose.... videocard was soaked, but still working :D

granulf
05-25-2006, 03:13 AM
Was it a loose tube?

Forgot to tighten the niples :slapass:

Plus spilling water over the computer while filling the fillport without a funnel :D