PDA

View Full Version : Artical - Stopping condensation by BOWMAN

bowman1964
02-19-2003, 01:00 PM
well guys i finally got another artical done on. this one on insulation and how to keep the motherboard in warranty.

how to insulate and how to remove it and still keep that warranty.

artical (http://www.phase-change.com/)

shray
02-19-2003, 01:18 PM
cool.. imna post it on the front page of xs

Nohto
02-19-2003, 01:27 PM
Bowman you mentioned "Next box I needed to make was for the peltier cooled video gpu. In this picture you can clearly see the closed cell foam surrounding the water block assembly", but you never showed prepping the vid card.
Where do you buy your closed cell foam at?
Good article, but you need to use a spell checker.:D

bowman1964
02-19-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Nohto
Bowman you mentioned "Next box I needed to make was for the peltier cooled video gpu. In this picture you can clearly see the closed cell foam surrounding the water block assembly", but you never showed prepping the vid card.

lol :D i know i used microsoft word but ...it was right when it left.but in the changeover at phase-change something happened.
got a little damaged you might say.but the guys are great to deal with .i know things happen so its ok.:D

maybe i will make some small add ons this weekend and show how i prepped the video card.i did take pics.

Nohto
02-19-2003, 01:51 PM
Is this foam at Grainger (http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/productdetail.jsp?xi=xi&ItemId=1611763836) good to use for the MB or Vid card?

bowman1964
02-19-2003, 01:53 PM
Is this foam at Grainger (http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/productdetail.jsp?xi=xi&ItemId=1611763836) good to use for the MB or Vid card?

yes that is the same that i used.mine came from grainger.great stuff.

Nohto
02-19-2003, 01:55 PM
Just did a search and found your other post that talked about it.

wEs
02-19-2003, 02:27 PM
pretty good article

it will help me a lot :)

bowman1964
02-22-2003, 04:57 PM

well i have updated the artical and i hope my monday it will be posted.i am now showing how i insulated the video card my friend.:D

fredperry
02-23-2003, 04:01 AM
Just to inform you that the article is updated :)

Nohto
02-23-2003, 11:25 AM
Cool, I am always looking for different ways or opinions on this subject. It's kind of a pain in the a$$. The Prom is probably the easiest way for the processor that I have seen, but there still could be some improvement there. Swiftech's MCW50-T is the best for the vid card until you have to seal the block because of coolant temps then it becomes difficult.

Nohto
02-23-2003, 11:32 AM
bowman1964, are you using the MCW50-T block? Just wondering because the bottom of the block looks similar. How did you go about sealing the block? Did you make an enclosure like you did for the cpu? Could you elaborate with some pics? Thanks in advance
Nate

bowman1964
02-24-2003, 07:23 PM
so i have not replied sooner. i am as busy as a dog with two ............o you get the idea. anyway i hand made my block on a mill.here is a pic.the block is in the center:D