PDA

View Full Version : radiator suggestion

bigKr33
05-22-2006, 05:35 PM
I need a different suggestion for a radiator. The parts that i ordered are in my sig, but the only part thats not in yet is the pa120.2. I ordered it like 3 weeks ago on back order and called voyeurmods and they said the warehouse is also on back order. So really i'm not going to get the rad. for quite awhile, and i don't have the patience for to wait possibly over a month. I was looking at the new black ice 240gt and the dimensions are too wide to fit in the front of a cooler master stacker.

Or i was thinking of just canceling the order for the pa120.2 and just ordering a pa120.3, but my only concern is that its going to be too tall and may limit room for my dvd drive, hd, and matrix lcd display. I think i may have a chance though to still fit everything because the matrix display is really short so the wires may still be able to bypass the radiator, and i can ditch the 4-3hard drive cage and just use my 3.5 to 5.25 brackets to mount my single hd.

So really the downfall is not really one because the result would be improved temps, but i would have to spend money on more coolant, an extra panaflo, and $10 more for the rad.

But if you guys can recommend me a 120.2 rad which i prefer that offers just as good performance as the pa i will be happy, but if that doesn't hit off so well then i guess i have no choice but to gamble and purchase a pa120.3.

creidiki
05-22-2006, 05:41 PM
cancel the order with VM and order the 120.2 from jab-tech, dangerden or performance-pcs?

as far as performance goes, there's no rad that gets close to the PA when youre talking undervolted loons, but if youre going to run 80CFM on it you might as well get a BIGT or an MCR-QP, they perform the same, and the difference from a PA wont be that large at that fannage, possibly under 1c.

bigKr33
05-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Noise is a concern so no rads that require high cfm fans. Everywhere i go the pa120.2's are completely sold out.

timpanogos
05-22-2006, 05:54 PM
performance-pcs - I ordered mine this morning, it shipped shortly after, hmmm, but that was a pa120.3. DangerDen did show .2's last night.

bigKr33
05-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Yeah i think i'll just do the 120.3

bigKr33
05-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Never mind guys, i just went to dangerden.com and they have the pa120.2 instock, i just purchased it for only $104.99. I actually found it instock on accident. I was google searching for reviews on this radiator and one of the links i clicked on sent me straight to the pa120.2. I nearly craped my pants when i saw it in stock.

JoeBar
05-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Imagine what will happen when u get it... :p: