PDA

View Full Version : racial profiling ... from a k9

JBELL
06-11-2002, 11:14 PM
Police Dog Accused Of Racial Profiling
Councilwoman Wants Dog Put To Death
Posted: 10:06 a.m. EDT June 11, 2002

MCKEES ROCKS, Pa. -- A 5-year-old German shepherd named Dolpho is the lone police dog in McKees Rocks, just outside Pittsburgh.

Dolpho can tell the difference between marijuana, heroin and cocaine. But borough Councilwoman Wanda Jones Dixon said the dog targets blacks and should be put to death.

Dolpho made a mistake last week. While Officer Schawn Barger wrestled with a drug suspect, a door to the K-9 wagon was inadvertently opened.

The dog bolted out and bit 9-year-old Brandon Livingston on the leg. Livingston, who is black, was treated at a local hospital.

"This is something that will take him a while to get over," said the boy's mother, Lorraine. "The officer had no control over that animal. That dog should be put to sleep."

Police said the dog never targeted the wrong person before, but it became confused because there was a lot of noise and yelling.

The incident was brought up during a council meeting Monday. Dixon said she has received complaints from black people who said they were attacked by Dolpho, and they think race was a factor.

Dolpho is off active duty. An investigation is continuing, and no decision has been made about his fate.

*personal note*

Dogs are color blind .... how the hell are they racist???? and who really cares and who overheard the dogs talking and using the ''n'' word???

stompah
06-12-2002, 01:09 PM
well dark meat is darker on the grey scale than white meat ;)

my feeling is the dog can sniff out future criminals... and knew this kid was no good gave him a taste of the future. :D

PlayaTypeX
06-25-2002, 06:05 PM
the dog should not be put to sleep, i am black myself, but somepeople take the racial stuff out of this world, people use it as a quick excuse, sorry the world has to be like that butthat is life as we know it