PDA

View Full Version : Intel Core Duo DC vs SC RAM Benchmarks

recons
05-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Does anyone have a benchmark of Intel Core Duo's and how they stack up with Dual Channel RAM vs Single Channel RAM?

I would esp. like to know how OS X handles this.

Vapor
05-20-2006, 10:05 PM
1-2% difference outside of bandwidth tests.

recons
05-20-2006, 10:13 PM
1-2% difference outside of bandwidth tests.
Specs, numbers, ect?

More info that the proverbial, figure out of a hat.

dogsx2
05-21-2006, 02:41 PM
I really doubt that anyone with a Yonah is going to mess around seeing how much difference there is in not running dc memory.:rolleyes: I sure wouldn't with my Yonah.:)

Thorry
05-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Well the difference is minimal however when in a notebook and using a turbo cache or integrated GPU technology you need dual channel to make it perform.

In most real-life applications the difference between dual channel and single channel is very minimal.

recons
05-25-2006, 07:56 PM
Well the difference is minimal however when in a notebook and using a turbo cache or integrated GPU technology you need dual channel to make it perform.

In most real-life applications the difference between dual channel and single channel is very minimal.
notebooks is what interests me. how much of a preformance boost do you get with the two types of ram and an integrated gpu?

Turok
05-29-2006, 08:13 AM
Hmmm... I may switch to Intel because of Conroe, so I was wondering if 4x 512mb was faster than 2x1Gb since you can tighten timmings a bit more with 512mb sticks than 1Gb sticks.

Im aware that AMD runs better on Dual-chanel with lower timmings, but I dont know what runs best on Intel with DDR2.

So what will run better on a Conroe?
- 2x1Gb, looser timmings, higher clock speeds.
- 2x1Gb, tighter timmings, slower clock speeds.
- 4x512mb, looser timmings, higher clock speeds.
- 4x512mb, tighter timmings, slower clock speeds.

Vapor
05-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Early signs show Conroe being similar to the K8 and just not needing extra bandwidth, but thriving off of low latency. No one's done a really in depth investigation yet though.