PDA

View Full Version : Cold plate for Maze3 - Help!

Schitzo
02-18-2003, 07:59 PM
Just got my 226w pelt and my coldplate... looking at it, it came with 4 thin holes drilled in it, and 4 thin screws. Does it screw directly into the Maze3? I don't remember it having holes for that, on the bottom. I assumed it would just use the socketA mounting holes, like the waterblock itself, but apparently not...

What the heck have i gotten myself into?

I'm gonna have to pull my block off and see, here.

Schitzo
02-18-2003, 08:25 PM
:confused:

ok, so the threaded holes don't actually line up with... anything.

How am I supposed to hold this whole contraption together? Pressure and a prayer?

:confused:

DaGooch
02-18-2003, 08:46 PM
One of the more experienced DD gurus should be able to help you shortly but I remember a revision of M3 with and without Peltier support with the holes on the base plate. Knight Elite would probably know due to he used to run a M3 with a Peltier.

Schitzo
02-18-2003, 08:50 PM
Alright, thanks... that'll suck if I have a revision without pelt support... I'll have to rig something up, I guess :-\

KnightElite
02-19-2003, 12:40 PM
When I bought mine, I bought the cold plate and the block at the same time, and there were four small holes for mounting the cold plate on the bottom of the block. pHaestus' Maze3 is the same. I guess you're SOL :(. Maybe you can e-mail DD to ask them what you should do....

Marci
02-19-2003, 04:32 PM
Same here, I have the Maze3-1 with Coldplate prefitted...
But have gone thru all my AMD & P4 Maze3 blocks that I have in stock and they all have the 4 threaded holes to add on the coldplate at a later date...

Schitzo
02-19-2003, 04:47 PM
This sucks :(

There's the 4 socketA holes, and the 4 holes where the lucite top is screwed in... and that's it. :(

Only thing I can think of is this:
http://www.pcmuet.net/product_info.asp?iPID=220

Note the "cannot be used with peltier". I must have gotten one of these... and the place I bought it from NEVER SAID THAT :(

Schitzo
02-19-2003, 04:49 PM
Blah, ok, so it won't let me link to the english version. Sorry, once you get to the english side of the site, that's what it says, anyways.

:(

Schitzo
02-21-2003, 09:59 AM
Well, Dan from Dangerden basically told me I was outta luck... He wanted $30 US plus shipping to drill and tap the holes, and suggested just replacing the block.

This morning I heard back from MutePC, though, and he said that for $25 CAD, he'd swap my block for one with the mounting holes. I never even ordered my Maze3 from them!

That kind of service is amazing, it was totally unexpected.

Marci
03-03-2003, 10:29 AM
Or just use a bog standard copper coldplate instead of the DD Base... saves all the hassle of shipping it... generally thermal compound holds it all together fairly well once it's been on the board a few days. I have several blocks with nothing holding coldplate to pelt and pelt to block but the thermal compound. A good enough application will mean that the block seals itself together kinda, and takes a bit of prising to get em apart... or just use AS Adhesive and AS3 mixed if ya wanna go a bit OTT!

Schitzo
03-03-2003, 02:29 PM
Wish you would have said that before I shipped it. Heh.