PDA

View Full Version : Dead MoBo? :(

aca
05-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Hello!

Just setup my new watercooling system and something ain't right. When I turn on my computer PSU is on and so is everything else (pump, fans, etc...), but there is no pic on monitor (led just blinks), no leds on keyboard, no lights on optical mouse. Can't hear sound on pc speaker. Can't even enter BIOS. NOTHING!

Tried without any pci cards, without hdd, with new PSU, new graphics, new memory. Every time it's the same. :(

Everything was working before I took all hardware out (modded my case and put all back inside + watercooling). During setup I don't recall doing anything wrong which might have lead to this (dropping, damaging, scratching my mobo...).

BTW, LED on my IC7 mobo is working, and so are fans connected to the mobo.

I need help! Any advice you got. Anyone with same symptoms?

Thanx!

safan80
05-19-2006, 02:07 PM
have you tried new a cpu?

aca
05-19-2006, 02:48 PM
No I haven't.
I certainly hope my cpu is not dead. It was working fine before I modded my case and put everything back + waterblocks.
But I will try a new cpu.

aca
05-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Tried already with taking vid card out and placing it back. Tried with another card. Tried without the card. :(
Also tried with 1 mem stick, with different mem sticks, and without any mem. Again :(

aca
05-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Interesting...
I took out the "problematic" cpu and put it in my other computer. It works!
Then I put that other cpu that I previously taook out from the working computer and placed it in one which is not working. Looks like it is OK. I guess it is since graphics card and all IDE cables are taken out, but my optical mouse light is ON (and before all this it didn't work at all).

I really have no idea what happened.