Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Muslims disapprove of police dog

Attack Dachshund

Muslims disapprove of police dog

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mans-hat.html#

Muslims outraged at police advert featuring cute puppy sitting in policeman's hat

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 12:15 PM on 01st July 2008

A postcard featuring a cute puppy sitting in a policeman's hat advertising a Scottish police force's new telephone number has sparked outrage from Muslims.

Tayside Police's new non-emergency phone number has prompted complaints from members of the Islamic community.

The choice of image on the Tayside Police cards - a black dog sitting in a police officer's hat - has now been raised with Chief Constable John Vine.

The advert has upset Muslims because dogs are considered ritually unclean and has sparked such anger that some shopkeepers in Dundee have refused to display the advert.

Dundee councillor Mohammed Asif said: 'My concern was that it's not welcomed by all communities, with the dog on the cards.

'It was probably a waste of resources going to these communities.

'They (the police) should have understood. Since then, the police have explained that it was an oversight on their part, and that if they'd seen it was going to cause upset they wouldn't have done it.'

Councillor Asif, who is a member of the Tayside Joint Police Board, said that the force had a diversity adviser and was generally very aware of such issues.

He raised the matter with Mr Vine at a meeting of the board.

The chief constable said he was unaware of the concerns and that the force had not sought to cause any upset but added he would look into the matter.

Councillor Asif said: 'People who have shops just won't put up the postcard. But the police have said to me that it was simply an oversight and they did not seek to offend or upset.'

Cards featuring police dog-in-training Rebel have been distributed to communities throughout the area to advertise the single number point of contact for non-emergency calls to the police.

Rebel has proved a popular recruit for Tayside Police after coming through the very first Lothian and Borders Police dog-breeding programme in February.

One of seven German Shepherd pups born in early December, he has now completed his course of inoculations, and is free to venture out onto the streets of Tayside.

A spokesman for Tayside Police said: 'Trainee police dog Rebel has proved extremely popular with children and adults since being introduced to the public, aged six weeks old, as Tayside Police's newest canine recruit.

'His incredible world-wide popularity - he has attracted record visitor numbers to our website - led us to believe Rebel could play a starring role in the promotion of our non-emergency number.

'We did not seek advice from the force's diversity adviser prior to publishing and distributing the postcards. That was an oversight and we apologise for any offence caused.'

Banned
    You know, it may just be shorter to list what DOESN'T offend Muslims.

Xtreme Member
    If you don't like something, ignore and move on.... there are too many s/asshats to keep wasting time in life.

If they are offended by it, just ignore it... but causing unrest, outrage? Cmon!
    My work and bench rig:

i7 920 D0 3939B303 @ 4.2Ghz + ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 w/ 0006 BIOS + 6GB Corsair Dominators CL7 @ DDR3-1600 7-7-7-20-1T + Intel X25-M 80GB SSD G2 + Powercolor HD5870 1GB @ 900/1300 + Dell U2410 H-IPS 24" Screen (pics and more)

My review site: Erodov

Xtreme Cruncher
    Reminds me of the Diner Scene from Pulp Fiction.

"Mmmm Bacon is Gooood."

" A dog is a filthy animal it will eat it's own feces"

lol at Sam Jackson
    Last edited by CyberDruid; 07-02-2008 at 06:49 AM.
    20 Logs on the fire for WCG: i7 920@2.8 X3220@3.0 X3220@2.4 E8400@4.05 E6600@2.4

Quote Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
    If you don't like something, ignore and move on.... there are too many s/asshats to keep wasting time in life.

If they are offended by it, just ignore it... but causing unrest, outrage? Cmon!
    That's not like them. They can't ignore it. I don't know why but they seem to be a rather easy to anger, even to extremes sometimes over perhaps some of the smallest things. I just don't get it
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Screw what the muslims think, The world isnt going to tiptoe around them and their ignorant views. You dont see Christians and Jews getting all upset over every little thing.

Seems harsh but its the truth.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Omastar View Post
    I agree soooooooooooo much with this Not to mention that seeing all those governments and administrations being so careful, ready to any compromise to appease the Muslim community everytime these guys get ready to send a suicide bomber because they felt disrespected in their bloody soul, yeah seeing that is getting really more and more pathetic, and upsetting.

I mean in the name of Islam, some guys blow themselves up in the middle of markets in Iraq everyday, and another suicide bomber is then being sent to the funerals to kill the mourners...and we should respect this I know I know, the Muslim communities in Europe and in the States don't support such actions ...or do they...(never heard they demonstrated anywhere in the world to condemn the horrors perpetrated by their cool brothers)...and oh, a puppy, what ??? on a picture in Scotland ??? how offending indeed
    Last edited by Logos; 07-02-2008 at 04:14 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omastar View Post
    Ummmmm...mmmmmm!!! Can't think of a bloody thing. Even if you do end up listing something , they will still manage to say that it offends them in some queer retrospective manner!
    BREAKING NEWS For Friday 26th June 2009: Casper the friendly ghost was molested in the early hours of this morning!

Xtreme
    can we just fly a plane over somewhere like iran, and drop millions of flyers with puppies on them?

Xtreme Member
    Come on people you have to respect peoples beliefs............
    GA-X58A-UD3R
    980x with apogee XT WB
    Xonar D2X
    Corsair Dominator 1600C7 12 Gig
    enermax Galaxy 1000w
    EVGA 580GTX
    OCZ V2E 120 + 2x1T F1's
    P.A 120.3 rad
    EP-Uk lian li G70 case

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave758 View Post
    no, not when they refer to pre-historical thinkings and pure hatred Do these guys respect us? How do they like the western civilizations in general? Yeah they like living here, in Europe or in the States, but how do they respect us? how
    Last edited by Logos; 07-02-2008 at 05:45 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    I dont respect any religions beliefs. They are all just as stupid as one another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o <---- this sums it up

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubar View Post
    I dont respect any religions beliefs. They are all just as stupid as one another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o <---- this sums it up
    same feelings here, I like your video, thanks

watching that one now, brilliant:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyWEBbFwU1o&NR=1
    Last edited by Logos; 07-02-2008 at 06:01 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    Oh lawd, I see big things happening this thread
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave758 View Post
    I have to? Please don't tell others how to think. But alright, I'll respect people's beliefs if they don't interfere with my life. But they often do.

You know, I believe you're a toothless horny sheep with a peanut butter fetish. Now respect my belief. See.
    Last edited by biohead; 07-02-2008 at 07:04 AM.

Ryzen 9 3900X w/ NH-U14s on MSI X570 Unify
    32 GB Patriot Viper Steel 3733 CL14 (1.51v)
    RX 5700 XT w/ 2x 120mm fan mod (2 GHz)
    Tons of NVMe & SATA SSDs
    LG 27GL850 + Asus MG279Q
    Meshify C white

Xtreme Cruncher
    Maybe Toothless horny sheep with PB fetish ....mmmmm
    20 Logs on the fire for WCG: i7 920@2.8 X3220@3.0 X3220@2.4 E8400@4.05 E6600@2.4

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I believe in most european countries dog is considered as 1st sidekick of human. Now why muslims do not respect what was here before they came along? religion makes people stupid and ignorant

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by ex2cib View Post
    can we just fly a plane over somewhere like iran, and drop millions of flyers with puppies on them?

Drop pig fat on them all...

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    No one paid these extremists any attention till 9/11 we should just go back to ingoring them, I don't mean any offense to anyone here, but this is getting out of hand when something as common as a picture of of puppy offends someone.
    Donate to Xtreme Systems!

Now Showing:
    Gigabyte x48-DQ6, Q6600,OCZ 1066 Reapers,2 750gb seagate 7200.11 hd, BFG 8800GTS 512,PC P&C 750 Quad psu, 24" Sceptre lcd, Antec 900

my wife's system now!
    Intel C2D 6400, Zotac Matx mobo, 1gb kingston mem, Nvidia 7050, I Feel really Good now!
    Jon C2D 6600 Zotac mobo 1gb mem............................................... ................. HTPC qx6700@3.0ghz
    Annabelle Amd 3800+@2.4ghz, Biostar mobo, 1gb ocz pc4500 beta's................. Optyx2 opty165@ 2.1 ghz

'Want a real high?
    Come crunch WCG and you'll feel like your on QuadCaine"

First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Lets face it. For the most part the Muslim communities look down on the Police forces, and the Police look down on them in the UK. Theres exceptions.

Screw them. If you don't like it, GTFO.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    No one paid these extremists any attention till 9/11 we should just go back to ingoring them, I don't mean any offense to anyone here, but this is getting out of hand when something as common as a picture of of puppy offends someone.
    absolutely agree on that.It's about time the western world should definitely go back to ignoring them, just like before 9/11...(and take action when necessary) without the need to mention "them" every two days...which makes them feel important and encourage their fanatic behavior and claims, especially when governments make the huge mistake of taking any of their ridiculous and retarded claims into account.
    Last edited by Logos; 07-02-2008 at 07:47 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love will tear us apart
    Dogs are "ritually unclean"? What the hell does that even mean?

Muslims like this are mentally unclean that much is clear.
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830
    Apogee HD White | 140MM UT60/120MM UT45/120MM ST30 | XSPC D5 V2

Xtreme Mentor
    alright.

btw got this from stevil a while back http://www.youtube.com/user/patcondell

Ryzen 9 3900X w/ NH-U14s on MSI X570 Unify
    32 GB Patriot Viper Steel 3733 CL14 (1.51v)
    RX 5700 XT w/ 2x 120mm fan mod (2 GHz)
    Tons of NVMe & SATA SSDs
    LG 27GL850 + Asus MG279Q
    Meshify C white

Xtreme Cruncher
    I am thinking "Bacon Railgun" might be the ultimate weapon,, as shooting puppies out of a cannon seems inhumane...

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    I guess they don't realize that human beings are one of the filthiest creatures on the planet, we have 10,000 different organisms on our skin at any one time that many more in our gut, and if you were to kill all these organisms to get clean, it would kill you.
    Donate to Xtreme Systems!

Now Showing:
    Gigabyte x48-DQ6, Q6600,OCZ 1066 Reapers,2 750gb seagate 7200.11 hd, BFG 8800GTS 512,PC P&C 750 Quad psu, 24" Sceptre lcd, Antec 900

my wife's system now!
    Intel C2D 6400, Zotac Matx mobo, 1gb kingston mem, Nvidia 7050, I Feel really Good now!
    Jon C2D 6600 Zotac mobo 1gb mem............................................... ................. HTPC qx6700@3.0ghz
    Annabelle Amd 3800+@2.4ghz, Biostar mobo, 1gb ocz pc4500 beta's................. Optyx2 opty165@ 2.1 ghz

'Want a real high?
    Come crunch WCG and you'll feel like your on QuadCaine"

First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast