Thread: Live MB OC Report :: ASUS Rampage Extreme

Threaded View

uncore challenged...

Live MB OC Report :: ASUS Rampage Extreme

This isn't going to be a typical OC Report like my last in that it will be much more compressed and focused solely on results. It will also be a bit of a Live OC Report as I will be posting results as I obtain them, and not just all at once after all testing is done. This may be a little un-organized but, what can you do? At this point, we are all familiar with ASUS and their motherboard line. Sure it may be confusing, but no one can say it lacks options. The recent gem of the bunch is the Rampage Extreme and ever since the first results have shown up in the forums, we have all been clammering to get one. I have managed to do just that and from what I have seen, this board definitely isn't going to let me down.

First and foremost, the sample I have was sent directly from ASUS as a review sample for HardwareCanucks.com. The entire review will be posted there in due time, but for now, consider this a sneak peek of what that will offer. Of course, this thread will also be home to all of the more exciting results with sub-zero cooling that I manage to come up with. This sample is a full retail product with serial number and all so it isn't an ES but it has been tested before heading out to me. This doesn't mean it was hand picked from my understanding, just pre-tested to ensure its functioning. Below you can find an easy to navigate directory for the various sections that will be populated with results from this board.

Directory:
    1. Index
    2. Quick Specifications & Pricing
    3. Package & Layout
    4. Blue Martini's: BIOS Screenshots
    5. Appetizer: FSB Clocking
    6. First Course: Memory Clocking
    7. Second Course: GPU Testing
    8. Main Course: CrossFire Feast
    9. Insulation: You Can Live Without It, But Very Wet
    10. Dessert: Sub-Zero Benching & Other Goodies

Let's get started with a quick look at the specifications and pricing that this board is coming out at.
    Last edited by 3oh6; 09-05-2008 at 03:32 PM.