Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Abit AX78 + Phenom II beta Bios on Route

Hello everyone, I don't know if any of you here are using an Abit A-S78H mobo, which is quite a decent one, or not. I just want to share with you what I'm having.

Just like AX78, its only problem is that it lacks a BIOS which support the new Phenom II CPUs (due to the company no longer produces mainboards). Good news is I have just received the beta BIOS from the Abit supporters, I am gonna post it here so you can download if you're interested...

Ok here's your link for downloading (they are two files together, which were sent to me from Abit):

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b...4e75f6e8ebb871

Banned
    thank you vee, i am sure this will come in handy for the users here, also you got reply's to your PM's

i also uploaded it to my 'box', purely to archive it, as mediafire can 'lose' it sometimes,

Link:A-S78H beta bios download
    Last edited by soundood; 07-06-2009 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    thank you vee, i am sure this will come in handy for the users here, also you got reply's to your PM's

i also uploaded it to my 'box', purely to archive it, as mediafire can 'lose' it sometimes,

Link:A-S78H beta bios download
    Thanks Soundood, but don't you think you should upload the file "flashmenu1508", too? I mean I don't know what it's for but since the two files were sent to me together, I think it has some duty or something

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vee View Post
    Thanks Soundood, but don't you think you should upload the file "flashmenu1508", too? I mean I don't know what it's for but since the two files were sent to me together, I think it has some duty or something
    the reson i didnt upload it, is that it is useless, it is nasty app that you run from windows that lets you update your bios from within windows.

this should never be done, the bios should allways be updated from a floppy or properly formatted USB stick.

i posted a guide on this at the start of the thread, here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/...54&postcount=5

please do not use it, as if it hangs during 'update' your board will be useless, especialy now there is no ABIT.

i can confirm from bad experience that flashing the bios in windows doesnt work . i had to get a new bios chip for my AX78 after trying it that way . hot flashed the old one so now i have 2 but as its been demoted to a box under the cabinate it doesnt really matter now .

still life in the AX78 yet so my son will have it when i can stop playing with the crosshair III lol
    1090T @ 4.0 200x20 Crosshair III , 2x2gb ocz1600eb , xfx4890 xt , Asus 4890 , Coolermaster 1250w psu

Hi just like to say that i tried out the beta bios for the Abit A-S78H and it did work and seem stable, but of the changes that i noticed in the bios non seemed to benefit me. Of course i don't know what the changes where but one i did see was the version of the south bridge drivers or whatever their called had increased. But the problem i had is it would not let me set my RAM to 1066, so in the end i went back to the older version.

hi soundood
    Is not new bios for ax78 ?
    how to speak abit technical support??
    iam sending email to abit.com but dont answer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by soheilsh View Post
    hi soundood
    no there isnt a new bios, the latest and last is the v14 beta, and i dont think that abit support even excists now, i have tried to mail them at private and public email adress's and they havent replied.

so thats that im afraid

Quote Originally Posted by soheilsh View Post
    hi soundood
    Hello Soheilsh!

It's been a while since the last time I visited this page

It seems that Abit is officially dead now, but somehow their European Abit Supporters are still..... alive? Thanks to them I've got this beta BIOS for my A-S78H mobo.

Here is their e-mail:

support@u-abit.eu

E-mail them and let them know what you need, I suggest you do it a.s.a.p 'coz I don't think they will ever last long

P.S I personally think that Soundood's beta BIOS for AX78 is good enough for the current time, I mean Abit is dead now, isn't it?
    Last edited by vee; 08-13-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlankZ View Post
    Hi just like to say that i tried out the beta bios for the Abit A-S78H and it did work and seem stable, but of the changes that i noticed in the bios non seemed to benefit me. Of course i don't know what the changes where but one i did see was the version of the south bridge drivers or whatever their called had increased. But the problem i had is it would not let me set my RAM to 1066, so in the end i went back to the older version.
    Hello BlankZ, may I know which CPU you used and be stable with?

Fu Ck abit .
    abit just sell mainboard ,
    mainboard support = 0 !
    gigabyte mainboard every 1 month release a new bios ! but abit

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Abit is out of business... what do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by karbonkid View Post
    Abit is out of business... what do you expect?
    abit say 3 years active support for mainboard ! but dont answer !
    iam waiting for ax78 bios

hi, soundood
    about the AX78 v14 beta bios, is there any problem with phanom II chip installed on it running with default setting?

Xtreme Member
    The 940 and 720 (? - the AM2+ Tri) work, pretty much perfectly on stock settings (ALL STOCK!) tho ram can set itself a little strangely.

i dont know about any of the AM3cpu's however
    LCB9E 0641 APMW @3100 1.65V Decapped ~50c orthos load, TDX+House Rad (passive!)+Eheim 1250, Abit AX8, 2*1gig Crucial PC4000 @ 221 3-3-3-8-1T

X4 940BE @ 3640 @1.475, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 4x G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK @ 1110mhz 5-5-5-15 @1.8v, 3870XT

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234