Page 13 of 298 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363113 ... LastLast

Thread: ** Official ** Gigabyte UD3 P45 Series -- EP45-UD3 / EP45-UD3R / EP45-UD3P

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nugzo View Post
    cept you forgot to run the everest benchmark
    Sorry.

Here's the Everest's with the above memory timing setting...

this one with tighter memory timing setting ( in BIOS = 5-5-5-15 / 3-3-6-42-3 )

Yo Nugzo how are the PI's running? I trashed one of my rams on Saturday. I was really buffered that i made it into the top 7 with my CPU at http://www.ripping.org/database.php?cpuid=634 so i thought on sunday heck i can do 4,6 i'm sure. Well i was sure but my ram not. I found out later that its gone. But i'm really excited to see what happens with my microns when they arrive. I already put my water in the ice tub to do a bench on Saturday. I really hope to catch a top three ranking. And i'm willing to fcuk up my Hardware for that. Lol i was really astonished cuz after my bench session on sunday which trashed the ram i removed my Heatsinks and so on and boy, there was condensation. So if my board will survive the benchmark im going to put it in the oven. Or i could just dry it with paper which is prolly the safest option.

Nice tight ram pangingIII. Just up it a little more i want to see a 3,4 for the level 2 cache. lol
    Last edited by Elektrosadist; 11-12-2008 at 12:14 PM.

more bandwidth ...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Elektrosadist View Post
    Yo Nugzo how are the PI's running? I trashed one of my rams on Saturday. I was really buffered that i made it into the top 7 with my CPU at http://www.ripping.org/database.php?cpuid=634 so i thought on sunday heck i can do 4,6 i'm sure. Well i was sure but my ram not. I found out later that its gone. But i'm really excited to see what happens with my microns when they arrive. I already put my water in the ice tub to do a bench on Saturday. I really hope to catch a top three ranking. And i'm willing to fcuk up my Hardware for that. Lol i was really astonished cuz after my bench session on sunday which trashed the ram i removed my Heatsinks and so on and boy, there was condensation. So if my board will survive the benchmark im going to put it in the oven. Or i could just dry it with paper which is prolly the safest option.

Nice tight ram pangingIII. Just up it a little more i want to see a 3,4 for the level 2 cache. lol
    Well the UD3 fried my 9600's and 8800's. My cl4 pi's came in today they booted at 1200 cl5 in the M2F. Whenever new egg sends my board and ram back i'll try for 8gb @ 1200 since i know i have the ram that'll do it. The board may not but we'll see. I have the New DFI UT p45 t2rs comin in in the morning. DFI has been top dawg in the FSB category untill the UD3 came out. Hopefully the new DFI will perform close to the Ud3. If it'll do 500fsb with the quad i'll be happy. So far all the screenies ive seen with it have been with duals. I guess i'll be the Guinea pig. Anybody know release date for the Avenger? Snipe Dogg?
    Gigabyte Z68X UD7
    Intel Core i7 2600K (testing)
    16GB Mushkin Redline 17000 2133 1.65v
    EK, 3x120 Rad 2xMCP655
    Acer 1200w PSU
    2-128GB Samsung SSD RAID 0
    2-1TB Seagete 32mb RAID 0
    1-1TB Western Digital
    1- Plextor PX-B320SA Blue Ray
    1- Plextor PX-880SA 24x DVD/RW
    2- EVGA Nvidia GTX-480 SLI
    LG 30", Hanns G 28"

Xtreme Addict
    I made it to 3,4 copy level2.
    Gigabyte Z68X UD7
    EK, 3x120 Rad 2xMCP655
    Acer 1200w PSU
    1-1TB Western Digital
    LG 30", Hanns G 28"

Hi, I think my post was forgtotten... can you guys just give me a tip on voltages ?
    I also have strange issues when I woke up my computer... 9 times on ten, I have to reboot it because it fails to wake up? any tip ?

thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by pierrandre View Post
    Hi Guys... I'm walking into your steps for at leat ten days...
    First I was impressed buy the OC potential of this board, and all the reviews I've read around seems to applause the performance of this "cheap" board.

SO i ordered the UP45-UD3P as a gift for my Q9550 previously running on an Asus P5W DH @ FSB 350 and it was definitly boring whit it My CPU and 8800 GTX are cooled with Swiftech H20 watercooling kit

Anyway... this is where I get with my cheap "MBS RAM High Quality" PC 6400 Ram 5-5-5-15@1,8v + - 0,1v tRD @ PL9

I've tried succesfully to boot @ 500 x 8 but the LINPACK test failed and I forgot to screen my voltages

On my above pic, you'll se the CPU0 temp along with the System temp max hit 95°c /203 F° (the chipset I think) isnt'it a bit dangerous ? I also hear some whistling @ FSB 483

my CPU can achieve 8 LINPAC test after a cold start but won't pass 10 runs and this is worse after a cold start, max 6 run then BSOD with some random reason...

I've tried to OC along with Nugzo and Elektrosadist posts (thanks guys)
    But I've never done this before (the P5W DH was a joke for OC)

I've tested the PL9 over PL11 and that was awesome ... the improvement on my system general use was way better than the frequency growth.. I really think that low bandwidth ram and timings are better than 300 more Mhz (at least if you can't manage to have both ) but my ram is really a standard one, not a OC skilled one.. and I'm impressed by its performance, I also think that they die in no time. But when I put my finger on a ram chip, it's not even hot, just warm like a normal temp on normal using. I'll see

What can I do to improve stability ? which voltage should I raise ?
    I was before this session at 1.4vcore with no failure, but I think that this is way to much for 4.1 Ghz. Thanks for your help.
    Please excuse my faulty english

Xtreme Member
    .whats up guys..im glad you made this thread its been very informative....i bought a gigabyte ud3r from new egg 2 days ago...hopefully in a week i can post some beastly 24/7 overclocks..should be no problem with all the great info you guys came up with.

Xtreme Cruncher
    @slash777, awesome clocks!

MY HEATWARE 76-0-0

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by pierrandre View Post
    Hi, I think my post was forgtotten... can you guys just give me a tip on voltages ?
    I also have strange issues when I woke up my computer... 9 times on ten, I have to reboot it because it fails to wake up? any tip ?

thank you again
    Hi pierreandre. Yes seems to be an issue with resuming from sleep atm with this board. Hopefully fixed soon with bios update. What kind of temps are you getting with Prime 95 Small FFT? I can not pass Linpak either but i can prime 95. Just cos you cant pass linpak that doesnt mean your not stable. Linpak stresses your system way way harder than anything else. If you can pass Prime Small and Blend for 6-8 hours your probably just fine. I do run linpack but if it fails i dont consider my OC a failure. Also according to your ss your GTLs are set at auto. You may want to look back a few pages and follow Electrosadist gtl procedure. Worked great for me. Good luck
    Gigabyte Z68X UD7
    EK, 3x120 Rad 2xMCP655
    Acer 1200w PSU
    1-1TB Western Digital
    LG 30", Hanns G 28"

Xtreme Cruncher
    @nugzo, cuold you explain the gtl thing.i tried what eltrosadist said but mine come up 0.76 although im doing it manually

MY HEATWARE 76-0-0

Xtreme Member
    I just messed with the GTLs myself, I decided to set the MCH ref and CPU ref on AUTO. I originally had them on normal. When I made the changes I couldnt even boot into windows, and restarting froze me too. Apparently it was the MCH ref causing all the trouble, because I can boot with CPU ref on AUTO...The weird thing is even with my CPU ref on AUTO, its set the same as Normal. Anyone have any input which way I should go with maually setting the CPU ref and MCH ref?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic4.jpg 
Views:	2109 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	88964  
    Last edited by The Viper; 11-13-2008 at 07:47 AM.
    2600K 3109C384
    Modded Corsair H50
    ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution
    2x2GB Super Talent 2000
    Evga GTX 480
    Corsair 850 HX
    CM Storm Sniper black ed.
    Samsung F3 1TB
    Windows 7 64

Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    @slash777, awesome clocks!
    Thx, later i try 4400mhz .

@nugzo, cuold you explain the gtl thing.i tried what eltrosadist said but mine come up 0.76 although im doing it manually
    #

ET6 doesn't shows you correct values. In fact every time you use it after 0C you see that the gtls are at normal ref. Even though they aren't. If you change something in Windows now fe the cpu voltage your gtls are fuxxed. Cause they now run really at the normal value even though you 0C your CPU and FSB VTT.

Radaja its quite simple. Open the bios go to mib and set all voltages yourself but to the default values. First thing you change is you set your ram to its voltage f.e. 2,1v and then you begin to set all other voltages to there default: mch on 1,1v, ich on 1,05v, cpu ref to 0,76 and mch ref also to 0,76 (i hope you get it you do this with all voltages).

When you have done that you will see that if you increase your VTT that your GTLS get also adjusted. Take these values as a start (they are exactly the same as if you would let it all on auto the only thing is you now see the changes). It really isn't that hard. Play arround in the bios and you will see what i mean. Also if you 0C your Ram and you increase it from previous 2,1v to 2,16v you will notice that he also ups the ddr refs and the MCHDDRref.

Can't explain any better just do it man! ;-)

more bandwidth ...

can someone clarify the ref settings please?

For mch ref and cpu ref values, it looks like they are absolute voltages not percentages of vtt.

To make sure that the board uses the default percentage of vtt for these values, do we set them to auto or normal?

I would assume auto would keep the ratio and normal would just keep it stuck at the default value. But the board is behaving weird.

I am getting frustrated with this board. The options are not clear. Why wouldn't you just show a ratio of the vtt which is that matters?

MY 8500 E0 stepping was able to go over 4.5 GHz on air on the biostar board. With this board I can only do 4.1 GHz. I hope it is me not the board, missing a setting.

It may be a good ram overclocker but I haven't seen many 4.5+ cpu overclocks on this thread. People just show ram overclocks and high FSB.

I flashed the bios to the official F5 on the gigabyte website. Is that the best bios to use for a dual-core?
    E6600 (400*9)
    P5W64 WS Pro
    PC P&C Silencer 750W
    Thermaltake Big Typhoon
    2x1GB Team Xtreem DDR2 800 CL3
    EVGA 8800 GTX

Opteron 165 (330*9)
    DFI nF4 Ultra-D
    PC P&C 510 SLI
    Thermaltake Big Typhoon
    2x1GB Crucial Ballistix z503
    BBA x1900xtx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoTech View Post
    For mch ref and cpu ref values, it looks like they are absolute voltages not percentages of vtt.

To make sure that the board uses the default percentage of vtt for these values, do we set them to auto or normal?

I would assume auto would keep the ratio and normal would just keep it stuck at the default value. But the board is behaving weird.

I am getting frustrated with this board. The options are not clear. Why wouldn't you just show a ratio of the vtt which is that matters?

MY 8500 E0 stepping was able to go over 4.5 GHz on air on the biostar board. With this board I can only do 4.1 GHz. I hope it is me not the board, missing a setting.

It may be a good ram overclocker but I haven't seen many 4.5+ cpu overclocks on this thread. People just show ram overclocks and high FSB.

I flashed the bios to the official F5 on the gigabyte website. Is that the best bios to use for a dual-core?
    They are in a ratio. I suggest you come from Asus thats why your pissed about the bios. I can understand that i had the same feeling but only for a few hours after that it was pretty clear this board rox for a low price.

Yes if you leave it on Auto he will set the percentage value correct. Fe. if you use 1,2v vtt you would assume a cpu ref of 0,889 and the bios adjust its automaticly to 0,866 so it's pretty darn close and scales good.

more bandwidth ...

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrosadist View Post
    They are in a ratio. I suggest you come from Asus thats why your pissed about the bios. I can understand that i had the same feeling but only for a few hours after that it was pretty clear this board rox for a low price.

Yes if you leave it on Auto he will set the percentage value correct. Fe. if you use 1,2v vtt you would assume a cpu ref of 0,889 and the bios adjust its automaticly to 0,866 so it's pretty darn close and scales good.
    I thought you were asking people to set them to their default values like setting the cpu ref to the "0.760" etc.
    I have also seen a few people who said setting to "normal" helped them achieve stability.
    maybe the auto option is a set overclock mode number by gigabyte that varies with your fsb overclock. That is how it worked on the Biostar.

how do you see the actual number? does the easy tune work?

yes i am coming from biostar and asus. with the p5q deluxe, I was able to get 500 fsb on a crappy c0 stepping q9450 with only using 1.35 vcore and 1.35 vtt on air.
    with the new E0 stepping CPUs and crazy voltages of 1.6+ , I dont think this board is special when it gets 500+.

it is probably the ram overclocking and the price that sets this board apart but I do not have any comparisons to that yet. Trying to get my cpu running like it used is the priority now.
    Last edited by DiscoTech; 11-13-2008 at 10:32 AM.
    E6600 (400*9)
    P5W64 WS Pro
    PC P&C Silencer 750W
    Thermaltake Big Typhoon
    EVGA 8800 GTX

Opteron 165 (330*9)
    DFI nF4 Ultra-D
    PC P&C 510 SLI
    Thermaltake Big Typhoon
    BBA x1900xtx

Xtreme Addict
    I'm going to post what sounds like a n00b question, but I promise it will be worth it.

I'm coming from AMD overclocking almost exclusively, and I'm not used to half the terms coming out of here. I've read the entire thread, and figured out how to use the settings properly, but how do I go about finding out what some of them mean? To me, I need to understand, even if I can't change anything by that understanding.

Also, the rest of my system ATM will be a Q6600 G0, 2x2GB GEiL Esoteria PC6400, HD3850, and a PCP&C 750 Silence Crossfire Edition. HDD isn't determined yet, but it should have little bearing on OC. While i know asking what I should get is like asking how long is a piece of string, any guesses on what I should be able to pull? When all my stuff finishes coming in, I've got a GTX480 for the CPU alone, a Stealth 240 for the chipsets under AC Twinplex Di blocks, possibly some MOSFET blocks (the EK ASUS 3 seem to fit fine) and I can always even duct in outside air for short bouts.

Board should hopefully arrive Monday, and I'll be working to get it installed ASAP (remember, this is going in my custom wooden case...) Anyone care to toss an Intel n00b a bone?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    sounds like
    Board should hopefully arrive Monday,
    calm down big boy .... read these threads

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=206096

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=203272

Yo I LOVE Gigabyte , always have , these seem to be some very nice boards . P45 FTW !!
    Great thread all , nice systems ! So whats the highest FSB you guys can do on these ?
    I have got mine upto 575 but its the "entry" level gigabyte p45 , I wanna see what these monster ones
    can do !
    Last edited by d.j.s.; 11-13-2008 at 11:13 AM.
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    2X2gb G Skill Pi 8800 @ 1056 1.9v
    HD4850 @ 802 /1050 1.34v
    E8400 1.29v 4224mhz @ 528! fsb(2112) 1:1

I thought you were asking people to set them to their default values like setting the cpu ref to the "0.760" etc.
    Yes of course. But i also told you if you know adjust your VTT (which you obviously should for a high FSB) you will notice that the gtl refs change and you see what would be hidden if you just let it on auto. You get me now? You set gtl refs and vtt to default. Then make your changes to the VTT as you see fit and then you see that the gtls values change. From here on you can test what gives you stability cuz you got a good starting point.

maybe the auto option is a set overclock mode number by gigabyte that varies with your fsb overclock. That is how it worked on the Biostar.
    Yes your GTL Refs depend on your FSB VTT. Just like you already know from previous Boards. What i posted is nothing special like i also said but if you just do it that way you can just see what the auto options do. Just don't get confused with the actual FSB itself. It works like this: You want a high FSB and type it in. So the MB ups the FSB VTT voltage automaticly. And since the gtl are a reference value of that they will also set higher automaticly. So if you do it my way you set your desired FSB of fe. 500. Then just choose the VTT from that you would assume gives you stability like 1,4v. Now the refs change and you see it in the bios.

And yes Easy Tune works. It just messes up your GTL's. So if you have changed either the FSB VTT (and due to that automaticly the gtls for cpu and mch)or the DRAMref) due to a 0C i wouldn't use EasyTune for anything other than just looks. Cause if you change something now in windows your VTT and refs will get changed back to the default even though you run a 0C system. This can but must not neccesarily give you errors.

Hope i could explain enough.

and dude take your time. Really i didn't liked this board at all in the beginning. You really need to tweak a little more here than in Asus. And that gives you the extra push. You just gotta be patient.
    Last edited by Elektrosadist; 11-13-2008 at 12:23 PM.

more bandwidth ...

Xtreme Cruncher
    @elektrosadist,yea ive done that. so when i move vtt up to 1.28,my cpu ref voltage is 0.81 in bios. but on et6 it shows up as 0.76.so is is this correct 0.81 in bios for 1.28vtt in bios?

MY HEATWARE 76-0-0

Xtreme Member
    @elektrosadist,yea ive done that. so when i move vtt up to 1.28,my cpu ref voltage is 0.81 in bios. but on et6 it shows up as 0.76.so is is this correct 0.81 in bios for 1.28vtt in bios?
    That sounds right to me. (1.28*.64 = 0.8192).
    BREAKING NEWS For Friday 26th June 2009: Casper the friendly ghost was molested in the early hours of this morning!

yes it is and this is what i already posted twice as a reply to you:

ET6 doesn't shows you correct values. In fact every time you use it after 0C you see that the gtls are at normal ref. Even though they aren't. If you change something in Windows now fe the cpu voltage your gtls are fuxxed. Cause they now run really at the normal value even though you 0C your CPU and FSB VTT.

And yes Easy Tune works. It just messes up your GTL's. So if you have changed either the FSB VTT (and due to that automaticly the gtls for cpu and mch)or the DRAMref) due to a 0C i wouldn't use EasyTune for anything other than just looks. Cause if you change something now in windows your VTT and refs will get changed back to the default even though you run a 0C system. This can but must not neccesarily give you errors.

more bandwidth ...

Xtreme Member
    how do you know what your gtls are actually set if ET6 doesnt show it correctly (If you dont set them manually), Like I said leaving the mch ref (gtl) on auto resulted in a system freeze. I had good results from keeping the gtls at normal (.76)...but I want to fine tune them now, and try to add a little more stability, so anyone know if I should be moving them up or down?
    2600K 3109C384
    Modded Corsair H50
    ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution
    2x2GB Super Talent 2000
    Evga GTX 480
    Corsair 850 HX
    CM Storm Sniper black ed.
    Samsung F3 1TB
    Windows 7 64

where do you see the actual ref voltage values in bios?

can you explain the mch/dram reference? and how it relates to the mch and dram reference seperately?

mch ref is tied to vtt. what about mch/dram ref?

should we increase it with the same ratio? and when we do that what happens to the dram reference? jack that up the same way too?

is the official bios f5 at the gigabyte's website the best one for a dual core now? any reported issues with it?
    E6600 (400*9)
    P5W64 WS Pro
    PC P&C Silencer 750W
    Thermaltake Big Typhoon
    EVGA 8800 GTX

Opteron 165 (330*9)
    DFI nF4 Ultra-D
    PC P&C 510 SLI
    Thermaltake Big Typhoon
    BBA x1900xtx