Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: .:Fl4t.Bl4ck.in.Blu3:. Jor-El's [hybrid:water/phase project]

Banned
    how loud is the cryo-z?

Xtreme Addict

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by R0bert View Post
    Look sweet, and I've got few questions, sorry I've they've been asked before, couldn't find them : )
    Do you need to change sth in Cryo-z after some period of time, or you just plug&play it, without bothering about anything?
    And where you've bought it, I've been looking through the net for prices, or anything and couldn't find : ( .
    And again, your build is lovely simply.
    This unit is just awesome! Can hold a Quad very easily so far way below -10 under load (Linpack).

The only thing is you don't have ANY support from OCZ on this, you buy it and you're on your one.

Thanks mate! It's plug&play. Great unit. You can buy them at Central Computers just go there and pick one up (apparently after they shipped mine and it got a bug on the controller they are not shipping anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by Nosfer@tu View Post
    Plug an play.

Gas never leaks m8.

Buy Custom made instead if you can afford it.
    Will give you alot more power on quard core!
    Haven't seen a Custom build under $400 showing -69oC under a Quad load.

Problem with Custom Build is that builders are unreliable as life is. Mom dies: no Phase, car crash: no Phase, Markets Plunged: no Phase for you, too many variables to finally get your hands on a good and solid unit. And then again they are above $650 to perform similar to a Cryo-Z.

Quote Originally Posted by 2low4u View Post
    Nice build! I especially like the rubberized MB tray look. Simply awesome!
    Thank you Sir! I fiddle around that idea for a long time and I can say is a first

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAqua View Post
    Nice job Jor3lBR. I thought you were planning to install the phase change under the case.

How are you enjoying the phase?
    Believe me Blue I tried:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=201412

Plans where to disassemble the Cryo and mount it inside the bottom of the case but others disagreed with me regarding space and heat oputput so I let it be.

On my actual config it suits me better, I got a stand from Ikea and the Cryo sits next to the window by the floor, then the furniture for the PC and the case is inside.

So you don't see the Cryo and it's perfectly camouflaged and easy to disassemble too.

I will take a shot of the Case and Cryo in the office space

Forgot to say that the unit is just amazing so far. I did overnight Linpack with 4045Mhz and unit was freezing at -69oC LOADED! Can't argue with that mate.
    I'm still burning in the cpu then I can give it 1.6vtt and 1.5vcore to see what the Cryo is made of.

Only real problem I see is support and warranty, so far OCZ just plain ignores me regarding the issue I had with the Cooler Express Board (like Fugger said), so if your not savvy the unit will be paper weight. It's no biggy and I was able to put my brain to work and get this thing going smoothly but without this: http://i36.tinypic.com/oqzm77.jpg and this: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=204388 the unit would be dead and OCZ is still "looking into some answers"
    Last edited by Jor3lBR; 10-31-2008 at 07:18 AM.
    //RETIRED-o00o--°(_)°--o00o-OVERCLOCKER//

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by just a noob View Post
    how loud is the cryo-z?
    Sorry took me so long to measure but I din't had a db meter.

Measuring from my seat at my eye level: 50-52db average.

Banned
    thanks for answering my question, what do you think it is that is so loud, the fan, or the compressor?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by just a noob View Post
    thanks for answering my question, what do you think it is that is so loud, the fan, or the compressor?
    Depending where it's installed it's not loud at all, mine is beside the table and 50db is ok for me and this is WAY more silent then ATI's Video Cards Stock Fans, so I can only hear it because I have WC for all my ATI's.

I can't really tell if the sound is coming more from compressor or the fan but I can try to record it for you.

Banned
    thats fine, you more than answered my question

Xtreme Member
    Impressive build!
    I actually found this post by doing a search for DFI X48 Mosfet water block and came to your build. Got caught up in reading the whole thing!

You said that you had to special order the MOSFET water blocks for that motherboard, where did you do that from? I would love to pick up a block to do the same thing. Thanks!
    DFI Lanparty X48 T2r (Swiftech GTZ)
    Intel Q9450 (DD MPC)
    4 x 2GB OCZ DDR2 1000
    ATI Radeon 4870 512mb (EK-4870FC)
    2x 500gb SATAII RAID 0
    2x 200gb SATA RAID 1 (Back ups)
    2x 160gb SATA RAID 1 (Back ups)
    Creative X-fi Fatal1ty (Overglorified software sound in Vista...was great with XP )
    Don't Forget - The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by snipper_cr View Post
    Impressive build!
    I actually found this post by doing a search for DFI X48 Mosfet water block and came to your build. Got caught up in reading the whole thing!

You said that you had to special order the MOSFET water blocks for that motherboard, where did you do that from? I would love to pick up a block to do the same thing. Thanks!
    Hey Snipper, thanks for the comments!

Yes I organized a special order here in XS to get those blocks for some members with a reasonable price.

Here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/...ighlight=sw-16

I am actually parting away from this DFI and all the blocks, video cards etc are going on sale if you interested pm me.

Xtreme Addict
    Did you end up using UV or clear tubing?
    Intel i7 920 C0 @ 3.67GHz
    ASUS 6T Deluxe
    Powercolor 7970 @ 1050/1475
    12GB GSkill Ripjaws
    Antec 850W TruePower Quattro
    50" Full HD PDP
    Red Cosmos 1000

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234